Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 01:29:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to keep cool...  (Read 19114 times)
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2004, 01:28:29 pm »

Just need a consortium of people wanting their beer cooled and your sorted. Or just turn up with it full to the gunnels and sell each crate with a pound cooling surcharge. I'don't think you could get enough beer in it.
SIMONR
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2004, 07:06:03 pm »

It's definately on the cards for next year!

Simon
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2004, 10:21:14 pm »

The other year our nice neighbours on MB had a small freezer, which they ran of a generator.

When they where on the campsite they had it plugged in and cooled/froze the beers, when they went around the circuit they unplugged the generator and put in the back of their car - so it would not get nicked.

System worked well, so good in fact they let us have some cold beers, the spirit of Le Mans.

Hope this helps -  now I’ve got a 750w generator - what size freezer will it run? -  off to comet  I think.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2004, 10:32:43 pm »

The other year our nice neighbours on MB had a small freezer, which they ran of a generator.

When they where on the campsite they had it plugged in and cooled/froze the beers, when they went around the circuit they unplugged the generator and put in the back of their car - so it would not get nicked.

System worked well, so good in fact they let us have some cold beers, the spirit of Le Mans.

Hope this helps -  now I’ve got a 750w generator - what size freezer will it run? -  off to comet  I think.

I bought a vcheapy  from a second hand shop last year, and "aquired" this years. You can get them for as little as £20.

Oh the Genny will power it and more, stereo, lights, or a kettle ?

Take life by the horns and live it.
iains
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2004, 06:43:13 pm »

We are planning to do the exact same thing - gene (1kw) plus a small freezer - run during day to cool beers / freeze freezer blocks to put in cool bag. Freezer blocks keep everything cool at night.

As for lights, yep that works, although so as not to be too anti-social to our neighbours we run 80Ah leisure battery for some decent 12v lights at night, which is then charged by the gene during the day.  We've messed around with solar panels and the like,  but nothing really beats the flexibility of the gene.

Kettle, not really a goer. Even the lowest power ones are about 800w or so. The average domestic is 2-3 kw. Back to the camping stove for that one!

redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2004, 07:52:08 pm »

For Gennys try looking in exchange & Mart .

For instance a company called

www.energen.co.uk have 2 stroke models for £70, which have a rated output of 650W (max 800W) and noise level of 64DBa (at 7 meters) which probably means that its noisy when its right next to you.

Maybe some of the more technical members can elicit on what to look for when buying a generator, this one for instance wouldn't power some electric drills these days.

red
SIMONR
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2004, 08:52:30 pm »

I managed to get a 2.8kVa genny of eBay not so long ago. That should keep the beer, and us cool in the camper!

Simon
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2004, 11:01:16 pm »

Thanks for the heads up about the kettle, One of our lot CANT be without his PG in the morning. sad really, even for a few days once a year.

Take life by the horns and live it.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2004, 12:00:32 am »

Guys, check out your power requirements for your fridges/freezers.

Although it may only need 800W to run it, it may need up to double that top actually get it started. We had a 900W genny a couple of years back and it couldn't get a standard larder fridge started.

Last year we took a 2kW genny and it ran the fridge, TV, lights and kettle. This year we are up to a 3kW as we have a fridge and freezer!!
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2004, 01:12:58 am »

link from above should have been

www.energenpower.co.uk
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2004, 03:25:41 pm »

I just looked at Friday, June 11 accuweather forecast.  High 62 and low in lower 50's.  May need to look at electric blankets or down comforters rather that fridges.  It's supposed to be 90+ here today, so 62 will feel downright cold to me.  It will be a nice break from the heat.  It's interesting that the Germans and English never really understood why americans want good air conditioning in their cars.  Now that BMW and others make cars here, they get it.  
I just hope the rain holds off for the race.  Pray, Pray, Pray!!!!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2004, 04:01:15 pm »

That's strange John. I looked at their site today and it was high of 21 Centigrade, Low of 11.  So I make that approx 68 F and a Low of 51 F

http://www.accuweather.com/adcbin/public/int_8to15day_local.asp?metric=1
SIMONR
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2004, 07:42:00 pm »

It's looking better all the time.

Wednesday 9th: 22degC Mostly sunny.
Thursday 10th: 23degC Mostly sunny.
Friday 11th: 26degC Sunny and warm.

When the long range forecast is good, it's correct. When it says it's going to be nasty it's clearly wrong!

Simon
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2004, 09:23:50 pm »

I just checked again for the 11th and now it's 79 for the high.  NO RAIN.  and a nice 63 or so for night.  Looking good.  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: