Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 08:06:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PS2 or XBOX  (Read 17130 times)
Chris (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2005, 07:34:23 pm »

Thats it not impressed Argos didn't bloody have any still WITHOUT play station.

Now how is it you make a molotov cocktail I'll bloody teach them

Bring on the low flyers
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2005, 03:24:18 pm »

Mate, leave argos out of it!! Go to a proper shop. I blimmin hate argos with it's crappy staff, returns policy & undercutting shops that provide a real service Angry

I'm sure you'll be able to find a more conventional retailer who charge about the same,  & will have consoles in stock. When I got my PStwo recently the staff recommended I got a 3 in 1 accessory bundle instead of buying the controller & mem card separately. I got it cheaper than buying them individually & got a free dvd remote, so now I can switch my PStwo on & off without moving off my lazy ass!!  Wink

Also be sure to turn down (if not off) the traction control & the other settings for under/oversteer in game for more control & wheel spinning frolics!! Grin
Chris (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2005, 05:27:45 pm »

Unfortunatley part of the reason the boss has given permission to get the ps2 is due to me having a sh*t load of argos vouchers so am pretty much snookered.

Also they are offering ps2 with 2 games extra controller steering wheel and pedals dvd remote and mem card for £130 which is not bad.

However THEY DONT HAVE ANY, so i canconvince her she wants something from argos i will be then free to shop anywhere, but atthisrate I think I will be playing on ricks ps2 at portsmouth first

Bring on the low flyers
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2005, 05:32:29 pm »

Chris, buy one from here -

Steve East Anglian cobras

DavidsDad
CA Veteran

It's too early, switch off the a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2005, 07:22:06 pm »

"Also they are offering ps2 with 2 games extra controller steering wheel and pedals dvd remote and mem card for £130 which is not bad."

I bought David his PS2 for Christmas soon after they came out, as part of a package with steering wheel and pedals, plus GT3.  (Well, I told his mum it was his Christmas present.... Wink)

Anyway, we oops he tried the wheel and pedals twice, and they've stayed in the box ever since.  - Just couldn't get on with them.   The wheel had FAR too much self-centering, and the pedals were just  pushed across the floor.

I don't know if anyone else has had any luck using a steering wheel, but short of screwing the clamp to the dining table and bolting the pedals to the floor (yes, that would have at least improved my dinner party conversations, ) and dragging the telly into the dining room whenever we (oops again) he wanted to use it.....  

Nah, Chris, don't  bother with the package, get what you need.

By the way, you may have read elsewhere that we can't go to LM this year, so to cheer him (yes him) up, I bought GT4.

His PS2 won't play it.   Cry  Unlike Rick C I'm about as electronically-minded as your average parsnip.  My soldering iron is coal powered.

We've tried blowing the dust out (no, not with an airline!!) and a lens cleaner, to no avail.   Seems the GT4 disc is the latest-generation technology and has so much data on it that it can't be read in one pass of the laser, so it's double layered, like a lot of CD's apparently.   It works on his mate's PS2, which is newer and probably has less dust inside it, but not ours.   David says the game really is fantastic, (I've thought of asking can I go round to his mate's to ask for  ago.............).

I've heard PS3 is coming out Christmas 2006, but we can't wait that long.  So rather than spend a ton on a new PS2, £50 Sony offer a swap for fully refurbished one at £50.  

Just thougt I'd pass the story on,in case anyone else has the same problem with an older PS2.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin
rcutler
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2005, 08:42:07 pm »

I have heard that GT4 is un-copyable (well at the moment Grin) I hope to crack it in the next few weeks but it starts off at over 5GB so you need a dual layer disk.

Someone said that if you fit a DMS4 chip it will play even the next generation of encrypted disk.

Both me and my brother (tink) are running DMS3 chips so I will give it a try.
DavidsDad
CA Veteran

It's too early, switch off the a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2005, 08:58:36 pm »

"Unlike Rick C I'm about as electronically-minded as your average parsnip.  My soldering iron is coal powered."

Yeah, me too, but without the pickle, please.

Undecided

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2005, 10:54:22 pm »

Personally I think you should wait till they release the new Playstation 3

There has been a demo version about for quite a while

And Mr. Cutler will be pleased to see, access to the "Mod Chip" is easy

More info here Archive Site

Edit.. Site didn't like hot-linking for the pics, so I have put them elsewhere.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 11:33:59 pm by Mr. Invisible » Logged
Chris (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2005, 03:59:23 pm »

Now were talking maybe I could just do the mod to my old ps1 as shown and hey presto PS3 al la chris

Bring on the low flyers
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: