Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 12:29:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ice In Or Around Le Mans?  (Read 19951 times)
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 04:50:11 pm »

Not for use in drinks though, don't forget these people are more akin to pikies than Monseour Carrefeour

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 05:43:06 pm »

SMWWDTTNFACOTG

Does not compute...

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 06:36:30 pm »

What size are you thinking of bring Chop?? I feel a plan coming together? I would quite like another cooler so depending on what you bring I may well be interested in buying it off of you before you go home. My brother in law is coming over in August so I was going to ask him to get me one. This is the one I bought bakc last year!

http://www.igloo-store.com/product_detail.asp?T1=IGL+MAX+COLD+60&HDR=wheeledseries

Nothing is confirmed yet but I'm trying to get hold of an ice maker which we would then have set up on Maison Blanche so hopefully we might be able to solve the ice problem. I'll let you know!

Do you want me to go shopping for you at Sebring, Mark?

Steve East Anglian cobras

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 06:53:01 pm »

What size are you thinking of bring Chop?? I feel a plan coming together? I would quite like another cooler so depending on what you bring I may well be interested in buying it off of you before you go home. My brother in law is coming over in August so I was going to ask him to get me one. This is the one I bought bakc last year!

http://www.igloo-store.com/product_detail.asp?T1=IGL+MAX+COLD+60&HDR=wheeledseries

Nothing is confirmed yet but I'm trying to get hold of an ice maker which we would then have set up on Maison Blanche so hopefully we might be able to solve the ice problem. I'll let you know!

Would you mind??  It would give you a cooler to use while you are there  Smiley
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2006, 07:01:25 pm »

I think I can remember how to smash the wheels off to check it in!

Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2006, 11:03:46 pm »

Never read the Grauniad, then.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2006, 11:22:22 pm »

As long as you have acces to someone else's swiss army knife as mine won't be there this year!  Cry
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2006, 06:08:04 am »

As long as you have acces to someone else's swiss army knife as mine won't be there this year!  Cry
My Swiss Army knife will be in attendance.
Canada Phil
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2006, 09:00:27 am »

My neighborhood Target store has both  the wheeled 40 and the 60 priced at $29 and $35 respectively.

If Steve shops for you, that would certainly get you your goods more quickly.  Most U.S. airlines seem to have a size limit of 62" LxWxH.  The 60Q doesn't conform to that but the 40 might.  Again, if Steve can get around that rule more easily, have at it.  If you need another in addition to anything Steve might bring back, let me know and either myself or one of my party can probably bring it.

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2006, 09:44:58 am »

That's a great price for the 60 Chop. Is that the Maxcold version with wheels?

It was the 60 I brought back last time. That was flying Virgin (although on an AA ticket) and I believe Steve is flying Virgin this time as well.

But a couple fo the non wheeled versions would be good for other events I do as well so the more the merrier, especially at thise prices!
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2006, 09:47:19 am »

Alternatively you could stop being a pikie and pay the extortionately overinflated price for one of those bad boys in the UK!

http://tinyurl.com/cptnm

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2006, 09:55:14 am »

Oops, my bad. It appears that you can only get the wheelicool boxes in the UK and not the MaxCold Wheeled version. On further inspection it appears that the wheelicool is in fact sh*t!

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2006, 10:19:48 am »

Alternatively you could stop being a pikie and pay the extortionately overinflated price for one of those bad boys in the UK!

Yikes!  Shocked

Max Cold 50 (Non-Wheeled - The one I'm buying)

$104.062 USD @ the site linked above.

The boating supply store where I'll most likely buy mine has it priced at $30!

Link

Too bad I can only bring one or I could finance my trip this way.  Grin

chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2006, 10:25:36 am »

That's a great price for the 60 Chop. Is that the Maxcold version with wheels?

It was the 60 I brought back last time. That was flying Virgin (although on an AA ticket) and I believe Steve is flying Virgin this time as well.

But a couple fo the non wheeled versions would be good for other events I do as well so the more the merrier, especially at thise prices!

Yessir.  The Wheeled Max Cold 60 is $35 at Target.

The 50 non-wheeled just barely fits under the guidelines on American's website and the 60 wheeled does not.  They list an $80 charge for oversize items, too.

If Steve can find one at Target in Florida and get it back to you without having to pay oversize fees, it seems that'd be the way to go.

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006, 10:43:35 am »

Thanks Chop.

I've had a look on Virgin Atlantics website and they have a 62 inch rule "When added together, the three dimensions of any piece of luggage must not exceed 158cm (62in)"
http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb/passengerinformation/baggage/allowances.jsp

The Maxcold 60 Wheeled has dimensions stated as 28" x 16.13" x 17.13".

That all adds up to ...................... 61.26"  Grin

The one Mark bought at Sebring last year was partially dismantled of wheels and handles for the flight.

Dependant on who you're flying with, assuming you have the same 62" rule, you should be fine with the 60 quart if you also remove the handles and wheels for durability.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: