Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 09:51:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the minimum one can take?  (Read 17395 times)
BryanC
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2006, 04:29:38 pm »

I've done it in the Westie for the last 8 years - including the wet one, and with no.1 son as passenger, taking two tents, sleeping bags, tools, trollies for a week, wok, wedge and passports. The trick is to use lots of bungies, fasten stuff to the roll bar, have a bag under your knees and drive steadily.

I've now reached an age where next year I'm taking a bigger tent ( courtesy of the Decathlon sale ), and a small saloon as I'm not likely to indulge  anymore in the Friday antics at Houx or Arnage, and I want more space to bring the crates of Muscadet back.

My matey, takes his Westie and puts a microfridge for the cold beers in the passenger seat.

Go for it - where there's a will there is a way.

Regards

BryanC

And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
neilsie
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2006, 01:17:56 am »

take the kit car or whatever...  i've biked it several times..

just make sure you got mates who can act as support vehicles!
combover

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 07:14:50 pm »

I've done it in the Westie for the last 8 years - including the wet one, and with no.1 son as passenger, taking two tents, sleeping bags, tools, trollies for a week, wok, wedge and passports. The trick is to use lots of bungies, fasten stuff to the roll bar, have a bag under your knees and drive steadily.

I've now reached an age where next year I'm taking a bigger tent ( courtesy of the Decathlon sale ), and a small saloon as I'm not likely to indulge  anymore in the Friday antics at Houx or Arnage, and I want more space to bring the crates of Muscadet back.

My matey, takes his Westie and puts a microfridge for the cold beers in the passenger seat.

Go for it - where there's a will there is a way.

Regards

BryanC

Thanks for the advice chum  Cheesy
Just one question, do you take your all-weather gear for the car or leave it at home? I was thinking of getting one with aero-screens, but I think that might be taking it a touch too far...

C

Full Time Le Mans Junkie, Part Time Honourary Gamesman
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 03:02:34 pm »

My mate Paul has the perfect answer to this.  He brings the Moggie and lets me provide all the gear Roll Eyes

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
combover

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 07:14:29 pm »

My mate Paul has the perfect answer to this.  He brings the Moggie and lets me provide all the gear Roll Eyes

termietermite's list for LM:

Whiskas
Kitty Litter
Blanket
Flea Collar
Sedative....

Sorry couldn't resist...  Embarrassed

BryanC
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 11:38:56 pm »

Yep - full weather gear goes as well.

Anybody who goes to Le Mans in June knows the weather can go to extremes - as it nears the big race, I always check out the long range forecast thread on CA, then ignore it !.

Sixty odd years ago, Eisenhower delayed his crossing for 24 hrs to France because the weather was so bad. On the other hand it can be dangerously hot. Last year was just right.

I dump the spare wheel and put a small wooden shelf over the number plate brackets which allows me to stack stuff on the back.

I've managed to just squeeze a bottle of Calvados and a Ricard in the space left over to come back.

Good fun in a 7 whatever happens. Sounds like this thread could be renamed how much more can you take in a small car.

Regards

BryanC

combover

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2006, 03:30:20 pm »

Thanks Bryan!

Just another quick question? Do you go with anyone else, actng as a sort of 'back-up' car?

If I were to be doing it, it would be just the one car.

C

BryanC
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2006, 01:11:25 am »

Yes

I do travel with a mate and meet up with Regulars when I get there, but there are many small groups travelling down to Le Mans offering mutual support.I know ther is a big contingent travel to a Chateau site, north of the circuit. I prefer to travel a good distance further and drive  up for the day. Others stop on the circuit and put the car to rest for the duration.

A friend said to me - keep the engine wet and drive steady ( oil level OK, plenty of fuel, and water to keep it cool ), and there is not much that a set of simple tools can't fix.
Its only just over 100 miles from Caen so its hardly crossing the Sahara.
( famous last words..! ) The pics show our commune and son in 'resting' status.

Don't hesitate. Check out the WSCC web-site, some are already planning their trip for 2007.

Regards

Bryan C

* Image004a.jpg (69.55 KB, 565x328 - viewed 408 times.)

* Image001a.jpg (90.61 KB, 567x413 - viewed 348 times.)

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2006, 11:04:53 am »

termietermite's list for LM:

Whiskas
Kitty Litter
Blanket
Flea Collar
Sedative....

Sorry couldn't resist...  Embarrassed
Cat passport, water bowl..
But seriously, it's true, what you can't fit in your car, you can always borrow/share/buy when you get here.  It's actually quite civilised here in the Sarthe and most CAers will help out in emergencies!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
combover

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2006, 08:24:34 pm »

Yes

I do travel with a mate and meet up with Regulars when I get there, but there are many small groups travelling down to Le Mans offering mutual support.I know ther is a big contingent travel to a Chateau site, north of the circuit. I prefer to travel a good distance further and drive  up for the day. Others stop on the circuit and put the car to rest for the duration.

A friend said to me - keep the engine wet and drive steady ( oil level OK, plenty of fuel, and water to keep it cool ), and there is not much that a set of simple tools can't fix.
Its only just over 100 miles from Caen so its hardly crossing the Sahara.
( famous last words..! ) The pics show our commune and son in 'resting' status.

Don't hesitate. Check out the WSCC web-site, some are already planning their trip for 2007.

Regards

Bryan C

Thanks for the info! Can I further ask, waht do you do for a secure place put your things for safe keeping?

C

BryanC
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2006, 07:50:10 pm »

That would be telling - the obvious answer is zipped into my shorts.

The other answer is have you seen Christopher Walkden in Pulp Fiction ( the watch speech ) ?

Yep - carry it around but most things you can leave on trust at the camp-site although you never can be 100% safe. See the Pikey threads elsewhere.

Gosh I hate pikeys.........!

Regards

Bryan C

oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2007, 02:36:01 pm »

What is the least amount of kit someone has taken and been ok with?

A wallet, a bottle opener and a tooth-brush.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2007, 03:11:06 pm »

I've tried it in the Westfield, with absolutely nothing other than a mate and a few spanners.  The trick is to have another mate in a large car and caravan.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Integra Jim B

If driven erratically it's not stolen it's me

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2007, 03:20:07 pm »

The other thing is that as a fellow guest of Brian's he's got nothing worth stealing !!!!

I like my luxuries and therefore my Dad and I go in a 4 seater car and take as much as we can.
BryanC
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2007, 10:11:11 pm »

Guys

( What's the minimum one can take? )

Jim is the Minimum Meister. The next round will be the first.

All crossing on Tuesday afternoon and staying the night at Ouisterham. Any CA's about at 10.00pm on Tuesday - we will be at the Broche D'Argent for a crafty Muscadet or six.

By the way - no Westy this year, taking some sitting-up seats and a bigger tent and coming back with a few crates of Sur Lie.

See you in June

Bryan C

Bryan C.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: