Club Arnage
May 08, 2024, 05:29:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Donington LMES  (Read 118108 times)
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 25, 2006, 02:59:14 pm »

Chris Adams, the Sussex captain, lives in our village and I had a few words with him on sunday when I bumped into him and obviously I took the opportunity to put him straight on a few things.

Andy - after your contributions to the JV Thread and now this throw away comment I am interested to know whether anybody, no matter how succesful they are in their chosen field, actaully commands your full respect and if so who and why?
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 25, 2006, 03:27:04 pm »

Yes, I will also be, sadly, elsewhere.  Or more exactly, at "Casa de Mí", fitting architrave, skirting board, 2 x bathroom sanitaryware and doing a spot of painting and decorating.

The long house mods are now (hopefully) coming to a close, albeit delayed waiting for the plasterer to skim the walls - you try getting a skilled plasterer when you want one.

Carpets are coming in 2 weeks, then we can move in.

Have a beveraged time at Donnington, at least I'll be in the dry!

Painting Donington red V painting

Getting into the thick of the excitement V skirting board

Getting plastered V plastering

Insanely close racing V sanitary ware

Jeeeeez what a tough call.
 Grin
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 25, 2006, 04:38:12 pm »

Chris Adams, the Sussex captain, lives in our village and I had a few words with him on sunday when I bumped into him and obviously I took the opportunity to put him straight on a few things.

Andy - after your contributions to the JV Thread and now this throw away comment I am interested to know whether anybody, no matter how succesful they are in their chosen field, actaully commands your full respect and if so who and why?

Yes. My dog seems to hang on my every word and he's a dab hand at fetching sticks.

Part timer, are you by any chance related to Senna?   I know things must have been tough in the Boer war what with the malaria and those biscuits with all worms in and that, but do you have to be quite so narky just because you think Senna was a God and I see him for what I believe he was; a knob.That was obviously just a throw away remark. Wink

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 25, 2006, 05:24:49 pm »

Part timer, are you by any chance related to Senna?   I know things must have been tough in the Boer war what with the malaria and those biscuits with all worms in and that, but do you have to be quite so narky just because you think Senna was a God and I see him for what I believe he was; a knob.That was obviously just a throw away remark. Wink

Sorry Andy the Boer war reference past me by.  I don't think Senna was a god and no I am not related to him.  The question about who comands your respect was actually a serious one.  You obviously have very high standards and I wonder who, if anybody, meets them..?
Big_M

I am a gay man trapped in a women's body

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 25, 2006, 05:51:02 pm »

Well I have been at home today and have had a bit of a bakeathon

So if anyone wants a chocolate chip cookie, chocolate brownie or orange and chocolate chip muffin they had better find me.

Should be arriving at the camp site in the afternoon on Saturday.

Tongue
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 25, 2006, 09:22:53 pm »

You obviously have very high standards and I wonder who, if anybody, meets them..?

Now that's a good question, Oldtimer.
I know he has a very good friend who (after lengthy training) is able to masturbate at 15 minute intervals for 24 hours, - he once once cranked a couple out in the Tadge Mahal. I don't really know if Andy holds him in high esteem or not, but he impresses the hell out of me. In my professional capacity I have come across many people who have tried, unwittingly, to emulate this feat, and have fallen well short. The toll it takes on the bodies mineral and vital resources is tremendous, and frankly this is why people like Ranulph Ffeines and Bob Foss stick to things like walking to the South Pole and running seven marathons in a week, - they're just not up for it. I have copied below an extract from a published article of a learned friend of mine, and believe me, he's not kidding.

The large expenditure of semen has exhausted his vital force, as a result he has become a walking wreck.
The frame is stunted and weak, the muscles underdeveloped, the eye is sunken and heavy, the complexion is sallow, pasty or covered with spots of acne, the hands are damp and cold, and the skin is moist. The boy shuns the society of others, creeps about alone, joins with repugnance in the amusements of his schoolfellows. He cannot look anyone in the face, and becomes careless in dress and uncleanly in person. His intellect has become sluggish and enfeebled, and if his evil habits are persisted in, he may end in becoming a drivelling idiot or peevish valtudinarian.
So, impressive this feat is to you and me, it may not cut the mustard for Mr Zarse.

Failing that, I have seen him look more than once at Rick Cutler And His Amazing Lycra Clad Buns.....
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: August 26, 2006, 06:44:10 pm »

H,

have you been smoking some strange plants from  stange little islands again ??

Mr Zarce commands respect in the green van ?

far too serious.

I was due to go to Donnington, but got a little present on Thursday afternoon so am now tied to my house for a few weeks.

* Scoobie CA.jpg (13.4 KB, 300x313 - viewed 292 times.)

Take life by the horns and live it.
rdj-pics
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #322 on: August 27, 2006, 08:54:47 am »

If anyone is interested there are some photos from yesterday at http://www.rdj-pics.co.uk/Photos/2006/LMS-Donington-Sat/index.html
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 27, 2006, 01:52:03 pm »

Well would you adam and eve it, its not raining and im not at Donnington. Coincidence............... Undecided

I hope JPC look after my air guitar

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 27, 2006, 08:58:07 pm »

Turn my back for a day or so and the world changes again.

Grin
Robbo, springers rock!

Our Rory is 11 in a few days.

Andy, obvious where some of your deserved respect lies.

I may filch that fine avatar (before you fickle it off out of it!)

And Henri seems to have won the Donny affair, bon, I calls it!

And some fine photos there, rjd-pics. Funny, mine are never that good! Angry
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 09:11:49 pm by Perdu » Logged

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 28, 2006, 02:05:24 pm »

Just arrived back from Donnington.............Pesky took lmp1 and 3 British Class wins to boot!!!

Not sure if Paddy and the others can remember tho......cos the amount of Tropicama they consumed up at Redgate was awesome.....just ask Dark Warrior.....he was comatosed most of the race!!!!
rcutler
« Reply #326 on: August 28, 2006, 02:12:26 pm »

Not sure if Paddy and the others can remember tho......cos the amount of Tropicama they consumed up at Redgate was awesome.....just ask Dark Warrior.....he was comatosed most of the race!!!!

Dark Warrior should now change is name to Tropicoma'ed!

Got back OK will post more later with pictures!
rdj-pics
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: August 28, 2006, 03:05:07 pm »

I have now uploaded a selection of photos from yesterday and they can be found at http://www.rdj-pics.co.uk/Photos/2006/LMS-Donington-Sun/index.html
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 28, 2006, 03:40:32 pm »

Rick

Don't you mean Tropicoma......no ed
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 28, 2006, 05:09:15 pm »

J.just ask Dark Warrior.....he was comatosed most of the race!!!!

Tut Tut   but he enjoyed it   Great to see you all again what a good weekend.

Sorry I had to leave early The eye infection I picked up resulted in me having to go to Wycombe hostpital this morning to get it sorted out. Bloody good desition to do it cos no way would I have been able to drive home this morning.

Never theless it was a great weekend. Thanks for all the hospitality

* Haydn.JPG (81.5 KB, 519x389 - viewed 339 times.)

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: