Club Arnage
May 08, 2024, 09:37:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Donington LMES  (Read 118089 times)
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: August 28, 2006, 09:19:41 pm »

home safe home...

thanks all for a great weekend, defenitely worth the journey!

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 28, 2006, 09:23:42 pm »

home safe home...

thanks all for a great weekend, defenitely worth the journey!

You managed to make the ferry OK then??  Thanks for not waking me up this morning.

I agree with your comments - great weekend, good company and great racing.  (The beer & Tropicoma was OK too!!)

Del

Team Delboy Racing
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 28, 2006, 09:31:06 pm »

Left at Donington.

Being almost the last to leave, I was left with 2 spare chairs - one aluminiumed frame 'directors' chair, and one folding canvas chair.  Anyone claim them??

Also a flat-bottomed wok - I believe this is Arnies - mate of Dark Warrior, but as DW was hors de combat (Tropicoma'd) from about 3.00pm sunday, it doesn't surprise me   Cheesy Cheesy

Del

Team Delboy Racing
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 28, 2006, 09:33:44 pm »

Sorry I had to leave early The eye infection I picked up .......

You must have splashed some Tropicoma in your eye, Bob.   Wink Wink

Hope it clears up quickly.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 28, 2006, 09:56:04 pm »

Left at Donington.

2 spare chairs - one aluminiumed frame 'directors' chair, and one folding canvas chair.  Anyone claim them??

I pikey'd an abandoned blue folding chair too.... it will be at Le Mans 2007 if anyone wants it back!!

F
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 28, 2006, 10:52:02 pm »

Hi all, glad I finally made contact with you on Sunday, will post up some pics tomorrow.

Wooosh!!!!
Rob LM

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 29, 2006, 10:29:49 am »

Nice to meet everyone, suffering slightly from sunburn - didn't think we'd need anything other than waterproofs last weekend!

Thanks for the beers Paddy  Cool
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 29, 2006, 10:34:54 am »

The directors chair is mine Del. Oh no that means I will have to visit MB next year to pick it up Grin

Yup, a great weekend,  good company good race  and a bloody good campsite too, not one bent tent peg.

The draught beer trackside was the highlite, the disbeleiving looks we got from people were amazing.

DW's hangover must have been preety amazing too Cool

The eye infection (must have been all the soot and grime in the Northern air)means that I can't wear my contact lenses for about a week so it's back to using my old bins I havn't used them for years, circa 1985 make me look like Simon Bates Shocked

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Dark Warrior
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 29, 2006, 10:59:21 am »

Morning Everyone,

Good to see some familar faces and to meet some new ones...

Some highlights for me ? Great food on Saturday Bob. Many thanks... The beer machine and peoples faces as they walked by... Excellent weather... Tropicoma. How can something that tastes so good wreak so much havoc. Above all... Great company.

Thanks to all for an outstanding weekend...

Kind regards

DW

DW
RichUK
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 29, 2006, 12:05:17 pm »

Nice to meet everyone, suffering slightly from sunburn - didn't think we'd need anything other than waterproofs last weekend!

Thanks for the beers Paddy  Cool

I have the worst case of 'ski face' ever Cheesy

I've come to believe that Le Mans is the centre of the universe.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 29, 2006, 12:11:37 pm »

I have the worst case of 'ski face' ever Cheesy

I wish I did, my eyes are sore from squinting in the sun all day!  That'll teach me - never leave home without my shades.......  Cool
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 12:13:56 pm by Fran » Logged
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 29, 2006, 12:48:53 pm »

Part timer, are you by any chance related to Senna?   I know things must have been tough in the Boer war what with the malaria and those biscuits with all worms in and that, but do you have to be quite so narky just because you think Senna was a God and I see him for what I believe he was; a knob.That was obviously just a throw away remark. Wink

Sorry Andy the Boer war reference past me by.  I don't think Senna was a god and no I am not related to him.  The question about who comands your respect was actually a serious one.  You obviously have very high standards and I wonder who, if anybody, meets them..?

I hold plenty of people in the highest esteem, wonderful men like Harry Worth, that trick with the arms and legs in the mirror was out of the top drawer. I'm a great fan, obviously, of Kenneth Baker the former conservative cabinet minister, not to mention Whistling Jack Smith (I was Kaiser Bills' Batman), all legends in their repective fields. It's a difficult one this Oldy, I'm not really sure if you've got a nice line in ultra-dry humour or you just don't get it.

Anyway, thank God Chris Adams listened to me, it was a very close run thing.  Needless to say, as soon as Sussex set off on their lap of honour around Lords, Captain Fantastic made a point of coming straight over to where I was standing on the boundary by the Tavern Stand, shaking my hand and thanking me for my advice. I like to think that in some small way I played a part in this wonderful victory. Next, to win the County Championship...

I think Robbo put it well; you're too serious.  Sad

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 29, 2006, 01:01:51 pm »

It's a difficult one this Oldy, I'm not really sure if you've got a nice line in ultra-dry humour or you just don't get it.

Like to think the former rather than the latter...  I am sure many will disagree though.

Glad to hear that the advice you gave to Mr Adams obviously had the desired effect.

Kenneth Baker - Blimey!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 02:39:55 pm by oldtimer » Logged
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 29, 2006, 04:03:37 pm »

You obviously have very high standards and I wonder who, if anybody, meets them..?

Now that's a good question, Oldtimer.
I know he has a very good friend who (after lengthy training) is able to masturbate at 15 minute intervals for 24 hours, - he once once cranked a couple out in the Tadge Mahal. I don't really know if Andy holds him in high esteem or not, but he impresses the hell out of me. In my professional capacity I have come across many people who have tried, unwittingly, to emulate this feat, and have fallen well short. The toll it takes on the bodies mineral and vital resources is tremendous, and frankly this is why people like Ranulph Ffeines and Bob Foss stick to things like walking to the South Pole and running seven marathons in a week, - they're just not up for it. I have copied below an extract from a published article of a learned friend of mine, and believe me, he's not kidding.

The large expenditure of semen has exhausted his vital force, as a result he has become a walking wreck.
The frame is stunted and weak, the muscles underdeveloped, the eye is sunken and heavy, the complexion is sallow, pasty or covered with spots of acne, the hands are damp and cold, and the skin is moist. The boy shuns the society of others, creeps about alone, joins with repugnance in the amusements of his schoolfellows. He cannot look anyone in the face, and becomes careless in dress and uncleanly in person. His intellect has become sluggish and enfeebled, and if his evil habits are persisted in, he may end in becoming a drivelling idiot or peevish valtudinarian.
So, impressive this feat is to you and me, it may not cut the mustard for Mr Zarse.

Failing that, I have seen him look more than once at Rick Cutler And His Amazing Lycra Clad Buns.....
H

H, Chris sends his regards to you. He's just back from a week's holiday with his girlfriend in the Commer. They ostensibly spent their time touring the Shropshire Hills, but surely even navigating the Brown Clee can't do that to the suspension; the rear leaf springs now bend the wrong way, the sink's blocked and there's shock absorber fluid everywhere. And as for the state of the kingpin on the offside, you'd have thought it had never seen a grease gun in it's life, which leads me to think he must have been concentrating on Kenneth Baker.

PS I think you missed this thread during your recent unexplained absence. It gets going on page 2. http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=5816.msg72257#msg72257
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 04:18:43 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
rcutler
« Reply #344 on: August 29, 2006, 04:08:33 pm »

"Off Topic" Trust Zarse!!!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: