Club Arnage
May 21, 2024, 01:50:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parking???  (Read 17192 times)
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2009, 06:19:36 pm »

I was actually trying to be helpful.

As you have been many times over the years.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2009, 02:28:32 am »

In the interests of accuracy Robbo - they are not and to my knowledge have never been 'free' if you go there first. I have, for about the last ten years watched the start from Mulsanne and on arrival have parted with a few Euro's (8 this year) for a ticket which this year I think (age memory thing) was yellow? however In the old days when I had a Vert pass then there was no more to pay - as that included access to Mulsanne and Arnage as I think, it would seem would a Rouge.
I have to confess that part of the reason I raised this subject was very much in the interests of accuracy. There were a number of enthusiast sites - this one included suggesting that all parking should be paid for in advance and rather alarmingly saying that in fact the parking tickets had 'sold out.' This would have been a new (and cr+p) idea had it been the case but it was not - just a bit of 'website noise' as it would seem that there were no changes this year. Although there did seem to be a concerted effort by the organisers to encourage people take the bus instead of driving round to the various vantage points.

In the light or accuracy.

I HAVE NEVER PAID TO PARK AT ARNAGE OR MULSANNE and i thought its because i was displaying my camping pass.

Take life by the horns and live it.
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2009, 03:01:23 pm »

I was actually trying to be helpful.

As you have been many times over the years.

Why thank you Barry. Glad you noticed
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2009, 03:04:31 pm »

In the interests of accuracy Robbo - they are not and to my knowledge have never been 'free' if you go there first. I have, for about the last ten years watched the start from Mulsanne and on arrival have parted with a few Euro's (8 this year) for a ticket which this year I think (age memory thing) was yellow? however In the old days when I had a Vert pass then there was no more to pay - as that included access to Mulsanne and Arnage as I think, it would seem would a Rouge.
I have to confess that part of the reason I raised this subject was very much in the interests of accuracy. There were a number of enthusiast sites - this one included suggesting that all parking should be paid for in advance and rather alarmingly saying that in fact the parking tickets had 'sold out.' This would have been a new (and cr+p) idea had it been the case but it was not - just a bit of 'website noise' as it would seem that there were no changes this year. Although there did seem to be a concerted effort by the organisers to encourage people take the bus instead of driving round to the various vantage points.

In the light or accuracy.

I HAVE NEVER PAID TO PARK AT ARNAGE OR MULSANNE and i thought its because i was displaying my camping pass.

Yes that might well be the case - or (as I mentioned previously) if you have another Parking pass perhaps green or blue. But if you turn up at Mulsanne or Arnage without any of those there is a fee to pay. Which means it is not 'FREE.' What do you think??

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2009, 03:51:14 pm »

I haven't ventured down that bit of the track since it was peeing with rain in 2007 when we went on a late night tour to Mulsanne, Indi and Arnage. We have had a variety of camping and parking tickets in the windscreen over the years; red, blue, green, white and all the colours under the rainbow. And camping tickets from KN, MB, and HA. I have to say that in all those years, and bear in mind I first spectated at Mulsanne corner in 1989, I have never paid so much as a red cent to anyone to park anywhere, ever.

It doesn't look like anything's changed.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2009, 04:42:10 pm »

Mr Zarse how are you? Its been a while and as always is very nice to here from you. Thank you for offering me the opportunity then to clarify this situation. If by any chance any of you good people decide it would be really nice to visit Mulsanne and you do not have parking ticket from another zone, or a camping pass - you will be asked to part with the princely sum of 8 euros (well that is what it was this year.) This will provide you with access to Mulsanne and to Arnage Car Parks only. I would hate for anyone to turn up there without another zone pass or camping ticket - and with no money, expecting that it would be 'FREE' to get in, because trust me folks it would not be. Fact - end of, you would have to pay - honest.

Now just to clarify - the reason I actually started this was because I was concerned that folk - thinking that tickets had to be bought (yes bought) in advance to access these areas then they might abandon their cars during the race and take the bus because they thought they would not be able to park. This is not the case at all it would seem. I suspect it was an effort from the ACO to try to reduce the number of people driving around perhaps? After all they were actively promoting the bus service handing out leaflets at the Peage on the Saturday morning.

And on the subject of buses - it seemed to me like there were less this year than in previous years - did anybody else find this to be the case – or was I just imagining it? Or of course were the queues of people longer because they thought they would not be able to park I wonder??
??
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2009, 04:52:03 pm »

Hello Monkey. I am well. I hope you are well as well.

I am sorry if this thread seems to have vexed you somewhat. I would imagine we all only speak as we find from our own personal experience. I am sure none of the good folk on CA are being deliberately medacious towards you in order to raise a degree of ire for comic effect.

On the subject of buses, personally I don't ever use them in any avenue of life if it can be absolutely avoided. Realistically, they are for the ordinary people, and consequently not something that would be of concern to most CAers.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 04:54:20 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2009, 05:17:35 pm »

Mr Zarse, I am extremely well, thank you. How kind of you to enquire. And not in the least vexed (I am sorry to say) I have to say I share you feelings about buses and I too have never used them at LM - but was merely observing the coming and going (or lack there of) of coaches this year. Which I found rather surprising as they were being actively promoted, presumably to encourage folk to drive less during the event?
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2009, 05:26:34 pm »

Hello Monkey. I am well. I hope you are well as well.

.......... medacious

what's that then Mr Z Huh??
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2009, 05:33:09 pm »

Sorry. Typo. I meant to put mendacious.

Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2009, 05:42:15 pm »

On the subject of buses, personally I don't ever use them in any avenue of life if it can be absolutely avoided. Realistically, they are for the ordinary people, and consequently not something that would be of concern to most CAers.

Andy,

Until about the middle of last year I would have agreed with you completely.  Bing a tight fisted old git.  I preferred to drive in to town and leave the car in the gutter some place so I didn't have to pay.  There is no way I would burn two Quid plus in fuel.  Add to that the Bus rarely takes the optimal route so it's a no brainer.

However, I'm now in possession of a piece of Magic Plastic that you hold by the ticket machine and it dispenses a ticket Free of Charge.   I must say the service here in Reading is very good.  I've had drivers wait while I get to the stop.  One very nice man even let me on even though I forgotten my magic plastic card.  Of course I wouldn't want to tar all Bus Drivers with that bush it would not be good for their image.

None the less I still avoid the Bus unless I'm planning a bit of a session.  Let's face it no matter how big the engine in your Scania Solar is no where near as cool as a Company Car.  :-)

t.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 06:50:20 pm by Lawnmower Man » Logged

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2009, 06:24:42 pm »

Realistically, they are for the ordinary people, and consequently not something that would be of concern to most CAers.

I tried a bus the other week.

It took me 20 minutes to work out which one I wanted, they have a number on the front that tells where its bound it would seem.

Then the the bloody thing kept stopping at random places, I had no clue where to get of as it was not an area I knew, needless to say my trip took far longer than expected.

And I had to sit next to a stranger.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2009, 06:41:50 pm »

Realistically, they are for the ordinary people, and consequently not something that would be of concern to most CAers.

It took me 20 minutes to work out which one I wanted, they have a number on the front that tells where its bound it would seem.

Then the the bloody thing kept stopping at random places, I had no clue where to get of as it was not an area I knew, needless to say my trip took far longer than expected.

pikey

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2009, 06:49:58 pm »

Yes, it's absolutely ghastly isn't it. Buses are full of horrid common people who smell and have fleas. They carry diseases you know, and their bite is often poisonous.

Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2009, 06:57:36 pm »

Buses are full of horrid common people who smell

Again I'm lucky in that area.  My Sinuses are shot so I don't have a sense of smell.  One observation I have made is that buses only seem to be used by old people.  Obviously I'm not as young as I used to be.   However, I know that if I start to smell my friends here on CA will tell me.

I've also noticed that if you pick the wrong time of day the buses can get overloaded with children.   Whilst I like like children I couldn't eat a whole one.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: