Club Arnage
May 17, 2024, 12:05:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 158   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Commer Replacement  (Read 1046686 times)
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: February 02, 2011, 09:20:39 pm »

So what's going on Mr Z?  Has she goen to a new home where she will be cossetted and cared for, or is the poor old girl still languishing, unloved, outside your place?
MG Mark
She was still languishing outside his place when I was there a couple of weeks back.  Not unloved however... I gave her a hug when nobody was looking.   angel
Dx

Bless you  Smiley At least she knows that there are those who appreciate her.  I hope that Mr Z is along soon to explain either his heartless attitude or to confirm that he is about to lavish sufficent care and attention to resurrect her in his usual slap-dash, last-minute.com fashion before Le mans this year. 

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: February 02, 2011, 09:38:26 pm »

The run up to LM will not be the same, without the will she make it/won't she make it saga of the dear old commer. Cry
End of an era  Sad
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: February 03, 2011, 12:41:58 am »

Whilst technically still for sale, she is never unloved... just unlooked after  Embarrassed

I guess I advertised her at the wrong time, just before the snow and ice struck, then it was crimbo, so no takers. So the song remains the same, although who knows what will happen if the spring comes early and the sun gets on her back once more. Who knows, maybe something wonderful will happen and she'll return to her beloved Sarthe once more.  Or maybe a troupe of travelling unicyclists will buy her for a tour of Uzbekistan?

Or maybe the wrecker's torch awaits...

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: February 03, 2011, 03:14:25 pm »

Whilst technically still for sale, she is never unloved... just unlooked after  Embarrassed

I guess I advertised her at the wrong time, just before the snow and ice struck, then it was crimbo, so no takers. So the song remains the same, although who knows what will happen if the spring comes early and the sun gets on her back once more. Who knows, maybe something wonderful will happen and she'll return to her beloved Sarthe once more.  Or maybe a troupe of travelling unicyclists will buy her for a tour of Uzbekistan?

Or maybe the wrecker's torch awaits...

So, reading between the lines:

"Whilst technically for sale" = In your heart (if you have one) you don't really want to sell her

"If spring comes early and the sun gets on her back once more" = your heart (if you have one) will pump guilt to your brain when you see old Sol's rays glinting off her tarnished chrome; the sun is out today, so I bet that process has started if you can bear to cast a glance in her direction.

"maybe something wonderful will happen" = you will get off your ar*e and do the requisite work needed to return her to the road

"or the wrecker's torch awaits" = when your whisky intake overcomes any last vestige of guilt at being so horrid.

Grin Wink

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: February 03, 2011, 11:39:13 pm »

Bah! Mark you've seen straight through me! Smiley

Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: February 08, 2011, 03:04:01 pm »

I seem to be seeing a white one most mornings on my travels to work and i thought Neil had bought it at first but no its someone who looks like him.

Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: February 08, 2011, 06:04:09 pm »

kev, there's one very close to Bill Smith Bikes on the A51 in Chester, or what's left of her.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: February 09, 2011, 10:01:22 am »

kev, there's one very close to Bill Smith Bikes on the A51 in Chester, or what's left of her.
Jules, what's the back axle like?

Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: February 09, 2011, 10:12:33 am »

the bottom third of the girl is hidden behind a wall, I will have a walk past at the weekend and survey.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: February 09, 2011, 06:04:51 pm »

the bottom third of the girl is hidden behind a wall, I will have a walk past at the weekend and survey.

Back axle, rear springs, oh and fuel tank if you can see it!! Smiley Maybe worth speaking to the (presumably insane) owner.

PS take some pics and post on here, always nice to see.

nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2095 on: February 09, 2011, 07:14:50 pm »

Back axle, rear springs, oh and fuel tank if you can see it!! Smiley Maybe worth speaking to the (presumably insane) owner.

PS take some pics and post on here, always nice to see.

which other vehicle back axle can u use?

can't belive they were only used in the Commer.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2096 on: February 13, 2011, 07:23:59 pm »

Mr Z missed a trick here - could have been a TV star...

http://www.hattrick.co.uk/hattrick-international/int_shows/show-detail/?show_id=70
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: February 13, 2011, 11:49:48 pm »

Except that instead of saying, "I think the clutch cable's broken.", Mr Z would more likely launch into a stream of profanity so vile it wouldn't be allowed on air and they'd have to stop recording for the day.    Grin

Dx
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 10:08:07 pm by Doris » Logged

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: February 14, 2011, 02:35:51 pm »

Expect that instead of saying, "I think the clutch cable's broken.", Mr Z would more likely launch into a stream of profanity so vile it wouldn't be allowed on air and they'd have to stop recording for the day.    Grin

Dx

A one-off Le Mans special of "One Man and his Campervan" involving Mr Z would be a particularly interesting programme.  I do, however, suspect that you may be correct about the likely ensuing torrent of vulgar blasphemy.  Moreover, I would assess the chance of seeing Mr Z "immerse himself in the idyllic places camper van living allows him to reach, befriending the locals and cooking some great local food along the way" as being slight (at best), at least in the way that the series producer originally intended.  Nonetheless, it has great potential to be highly entertaining, although perhaps more suited to Channel 4 than to BBC2.... Wink Grin

MG Mark 

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: February 14, 2011, 06:08:45 pm »

That bloke looks mental if you ask me. All that grubbing around in fields looking for stuff for his salad. The producers have missed a trick, he should have been visiting various council estates across these beautiful British Isles, and getting a kebab in after 8 purple tins. And there's salad with a kebab if he wants to be really anal about it. Never mind "I think the clutch cables broken" Doris, it would be "which f*****g sh**y a***d f*****g t*****s have nicked my f*****g wheels again?" He'd be comfortable with that.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 158   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: