Club Arnage
May 13, 2024, 04:01:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well done Lewis!  (Read 10896 times)
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2008, 09:01:20 pm »

The race was a little dull in the middle , but the last lap more than made up for it!
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 09:10:57 pm »

hmm, as a Lewis fan i liked the fact that he got the championship in the end, but he was one lucky bastard.

Massa deserved it today, Lewis got it

Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 09:42:19 pm »

Congratulations on being the youngest champ Grin,  however I wonder how much Toyota were paid to drop back on the second to last corner Evil

Hats off to Massa for winning the race, did what was expected of him.

And the best news of all NO MORE JAMES ALLEN. The cock has been stopped Grin, just hope he does not get the gig with the Beeb. Roll Eyes
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 09:42:37 pm »

OMG........ What a race!

Massa drove a great race!

Glock & Trulli both did a 1.44.00 on the last lap on dry tyres.

Thank god the appaulling stewarding decisions from earlier races didn't become a factor in the end!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 09:46:05 pm by Robbo » Logged

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 09:54:12 pm »

its all a fix someone was paid money somewhere. but i only watched the last lap and it was ok he was jammy

fugitive4000
CA Veteran

Every Year Since '97

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 10:10:49 pm »

I will never get tired of watching the Ferrari team stop celebrating when they realise Lewis bagged 5th spot - splendid!!!
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 10:56:39 pm »

Massa deserved it today, Lewis got it
Just like Hamilton deserved it last year but didn't get it.

The kid did well.

Glock gambled and lost.  If Hamilton had have stayed on slicks he would have been 10 seconds ahead of Glock and still won. Hmmmmmmm

All this and Max retires

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 09:30:57 am »

Today's news: Hamilton to move to Toyota for next season Grin

Job well donefor Lewis! At the end of the day he was te better driver throughout the season.

Watching Ferrari cheer for Massa and then realizing he did not get the championship, PRICELESS!!!!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 10:42:23 am »

Massa drove an impeccable race doing exactly what he had to , Hamilton I felt was far to cautious and nearly blew it, not what you would expect a great champion to do.

Congratulations to him and his crew all the same as his season was superb and the penalties he suffered at the hands of Ferrari were certainly paid back in full when the fact dawned on the Ferrari team that Massa hadn't won the championship, priceless, just desserts the rats. What goes around, comes around as they say.

The reactions of the Brasilian crowd were truly disgraceful. Perhaps the FIA should have an enquiry there just as FIFA do.

The Brethren Rock
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 10:47:24 am »

not what you would expect a great champion to do.

Agreed. Congratulations to Lewis but I can't help thinking that a true champion shouldn't have allowed Vettel to pass him with so much at stake. His driving was very erratic in the last few laps.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 10:50:36 am »

For all the comments on just how close it was & how he/McLaren nearly blew it, we have to remember that he did not give up, he kept trying, he kept up with Vettel and was in the right place to take advantage of Glock's tyre choice misfortune.

I think that his attitude in & out of the car is what has made him the champion.

Not wholly surprised by the reaction of the Brazilian crowd.  Can we be sure that a British crowd would not have reacted in a similar fashion?

If F1 was to be as good as that in every one of the 19 scheduled races for 2009 then I might just watch.  Might.

Anyway :: Well Done Lewis  Grin

Crouch..........bind..........set
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 11:05:04 am »

Not wholly surprised by the reaction of the Brazilian crowd.  Can we be sure that a British crowd would not have reacted in a similar fashion?

Anyway :: Well Done Lewis  Grin

Anyone else at Brands in the mid 70's when James Hunt was not allowed to take the restart will know just how a british crowd can react!!

Hamilton did what he needed, the championship was won over the full season, Massa won more races, but over the season dispite the FIA's best efforts Hamiliton did a better job.

The reaction of Ferrari was priceless, had to feel a bit sorry for Massa's family who seem pretty decent, and a bit less overbearing than Hamiltons dad but the rest of them derserve what they got IMHO.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 12:01:41 pm »

The jammy git!  Cheesy

Thought it was a very tense race, you could see McLaren were trying to keep him out of trouble; yet again their weakness is shown as tactical and it nearly cost Lewis the title. Still, all's well that ends well and it was truly exiting and that's what makes us sports fans I guess, the unexpected.

As mentioned, seeing the Ferrari team leaping around on cloud 9, then slowly their jaws dropping as the ghastly reality dawned on them, was the very definition of schadenfreud; rejoicing in the misfortuneof others. I know you're not supposed to enjoy that kind of thing, and old man Massa seems a pretty decent sort of cove, but for once I'll suspend my Corinthian principles; it could not have happend to a more unpleasant bunch of bigheads and show-offs.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 12:21:08 pm »

Blimey!

How often would you see "schadenfreud" used on this website [or any other for that matter]

Well done sir!

Crouch..........bind..........set
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 07:08:30 pm »

Today's news: Hamilton to move to Toyota for next season Grin

Not sure about that, but how long before Glock has the no. 2 seat at Mclaren?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: