Club Arnage
May 09, 2024, 11:10:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Porsche's New Baby  (Read 6907 times)
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2005, 12:05:43 am »

Seems to work, doesn't it

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2005, 12:15:04 am »

doesnt it just.....

Any clues as to whether it would be restricted if it continues to run like that, or whether it would be able to go for overall victory at Le-Mans if the LMP1's can't keep up?

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Fax
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2005, 02:37:04 am »

I'm really hoping the ACO and IMSA stick to their rulebook and let it run as is.  As I said earlier, this is going to be one mighty tasty little customer car.  Looking forward to seeing them at Sebring enormously, just hope one of them is in Sunoco blue & gold.  I think most people could see this coming, Penske Racing doesn't do anything half-baked.  They show up to kick-ass and take names.  If they can get the car thoroughly sorted they may be talked into a LeMans outing next year, my advice is to start bombing Penske's email now.
I'm planning on being at the Sarthe next year and I'd love to see the Penske Panzers (feels really good to say that again after all these years) in attendance.
Fax
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2005, 09:27:18 am »

Are the Penske Panzers goning to be built in Poole, Dorset?
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2005, 10:30:55 am »

I'm planning on being at the Sarthe next year

Excellent News John!!!  Cheesy

Especially as it's looking less likely that I'll be able to make Sebring, unless I can build it into a work trip!

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines Liver
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 10:33:54 am by jpchenet » Logged
Fax
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2005, 05:01:20 pm »

Thanks Mark,
Looking forward to catching up you guys.  Haven't been to the Sarthe since 03 and have been itching to get back and destroy my liver & GI tract.
fax
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2005, 05:49:22 pm »

Its a bit tricky to judge its outright pace against the P1 cars last weekend, all are running within rules desiged to slow them compared to there potential. Both the Zytec & Audi could run alot quicker 'as designed' whereas the Porsche is designed to the 'current rules'

Alot will hinge on how quick the new generation of P1's are. If the Porsche is still snapping at there heels I expect the powers that be to act.

I hate the concept of adding weight or capping power on cars designed to current rules just because which ever team has done the best job. Its up to the others to do better.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2005, 06:25:37 pm »

I hate the concept of adding weight or capping power on cars designed to current rules just because which ever team has done the best job. Its up to the others to do better.

Hear Hear!!
Fax
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2005, 06:32:52 pm »

I suspect this car will be allowed to race as is.  I think IMSA is very glad to have Porsche back in the protoype ranks, especially building customer cars. They're not going to do anything to piss-off the Stuttgart marque and Roger Penske's equipe carries a great deal of influence.
My gut feeling is the regs won't get tweaked.
Fax
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2005, 06:42:31 pm »

Has anyone seen or read anything about how many Porsche plan to build?

IMSA will do whatever it takes to keep Penske in the ALMS, its a major coup for them and the guy has qiute a bit of influance with other team owners. The hope has to be that others will join him.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Fax
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2005, 06:59:38 pm »

There have been strong rumors for a couple of years now that both Michael Andretti Racing and Rahal Racing have been interested in getting into the ALMS ranks, Rahal was apparently very close to a deal to run a pair of Audi's but it fell through at the last minute.  I'm sure that one of Penske's stipulations before commiting to this project was a guarantee from IMSA and the ACO of rules stability.
Fax
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: