Club Arnage
May 04, 2024, 03:35:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LMS 1000 km Spa Franchorchamps - Who, when, where...  (Read 4225 times)
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: May 02, 2008, 04:58:03 pm »

Team LeMansZone will arrive with 8 persons on Saturday, will cruise around for campsite - any suggestions in walking distance to the track? Where are the other CAers camping?

I suggest to meet Saturday late afternoon in the paddock for a beer (or 2  Grin) - is it open? Another option to meet fellow CAers could be Sunday lunchtime 1 hour before the start at the Eau Rouge hillstation bar.

Other suggestions? Who will be coming?

Cheers

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 09:17:50 pm »

DfH will be there on saturdaymorning, with some British guys (and gal) also joining in. We'll see you there!

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 10:31:25 am »

We'll be there, arriving saturday morning, staying in hotel in liege over night and meeting some German friends.
It's my first visit to Spa,  so can't wait for it.  It's part of my ongoing plan  (started last year tho  lol) to see sports cars at as many circuits as i can!
Nurburgring next year...

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 10:29:03 am »

Dutchies will be there on Sat. morning with Doris, JPC and Rick Cutler in thier wake, after a heavy night of drinking in Maastricht Grin Rented a mobilehome on Eau rouge camping, Plus some tents to put up, will cruise up and down to the track by car.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
tommy84

That's what Le Mans is about

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 10:10:23 pm »

Les Combes campsite with 3 or 4 others.
You have Rivage corner nearby which is a great spot to take photos and usually provides good passing, spins and crashes.
It's quite a walk to the start/finish area though
Luckily that's not a problem for us as we have media access, so we'll drive down to the La Source media parking

'09 calendar
1000km Spa|24h du Mans|24h Spa|1000km Nόrburgring|24h Zolder|FIA-GT Zolder|national races in GER and BEL
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 11:47:16 pm »

Just to fill Marius and Roy in, we'll be at Camping Eau Rouge (no, we won't walk to the circuit!) arriving Saturday morning after a night out in Maastricht. Current list is Johan, JPChenet, Roy, Dirk, Marius, RickC, MarcQV, Floris, Doris, HuubC and myself. Maybe Dirk's friend Martin too, as well as the friendly Dutch bloke we met at Brands Hatch this weekend.

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 10:42:40 pm »

Just to fill Marius and Roy in, we'll be at Camping Eau Rouge (no, we won't walk to the circuit!) arriving Saturday morning after a night out in Maastricht. Current list is Johan, JPChenet, Roy, Dirk, Marius, RickC, MarcQV, Floris, Doris, HuubC and myself. Maybe Dirk's friend Martin too, as well as the friendly Dutch bloke we met at Brands Hatch this weekend.

We'll try to join you if they have some space left. How far is it really to walk to the paddock from there?

Cheers

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 11:30:36 pm »

We'll try to join you if they have some space left. How far is it really to walk to the paddock from there?

Cheers

Werner

It's a fair hike Werner.  About an hour.  More after a few beers ...  Roll Eyes

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 05:04:14 am »

we could just use my van for that, I think it will seat about 15 people easily for that short run Wink

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 10:14:31 am »

Sadly not us, we're not making it to Spa at all this year, not even for the 24 hr  Cry
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 10:40:45 am »

Sadly not us, we're not making it to Spa at all this year, not even for the 24 hr  Cry

That's a real shame Anita  Sad

How was France?  Smiley
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 01:15:17 pm »

That's a real shame Anita  Sad

How was France?  Smiley

Full of the French!  Grin   We got stuck for an hour on the road into the port whilst the Fishermen blockaded the road and then the Sea France ferry was 2 and a quarter hours late  Roll Eyes     We had a good time and came home with a car full of goodies to eat and drink!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: