Club Arnage
May 16, 2024, 11:51:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: le mans 24hr 2007  (Read 8059 times)
liz_gordon21

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2007, 08:00:56 pm »

My family and friends went to the 24hr race this year, the fact that zoning was introduced was bad enough, I have however to issue a warning to other fellow members about something that happened to my family this year. We parked up on the appropriate zone got the awnings and gazebos up put out the seats and started to enjoy ourselves as usual, we went to bed after a good bit of mermiment. Leaving out our seats as we have done on previous years before, we got up in the morning to find the chairs gone. Not stolen by the culprits you would think? They were taken and hidden by members of the  TVR owners club who had no intention of returning them until they were caught red handed with the goods. The message is fellow le man enthusiasts beware    when next parked to a TVR.     
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 08:38:48 pm »

Sorry for your misfortune Liz - but what do you expect from individuals who buy "those types of cars"? I reckon the Pikey's have got more reliable (and waterproof) transportation.

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 08:48:20 pm »

I shall endeavour to make ruder  gestures to all those TVRs en route that are stopped roadside with bonnets aloft 'cooling' their engines!
Thieving rapscallions!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Newcastle Dave

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 10:05:25 pm »

First pikeys and now TVR drivers!!! - anybody else that we should tar!!

Thankfully this year our group escaped without anything having been taken.  Being part of a larger group meant there was always some one around and our drinking cycles soon got out of sync with each other, so even at 4 in the morning there would be someone up and sober!! 

On Sunday I was left in charge of site "security" whilst everyone else went to view the finish.  ACO Security was still on the gate keeping none-campers out.

Anyhow I watched over the course of one hour one set of campers openly carry lots of stuff back to their van  - I know not from where, but from other sites out of view behind our site.  This included at least three barbecues and half a dozen chairs, and cooking equipment, and then I could see them emptying out a gazebo in the far distance in front of me.  I didnt challenge them because I didnt want to leave our stuff unattended, and it is possible that they were claiming abandoned items.

They werent pikeys (nor did they drive a TVR ) though it does seem to me that we can be quick to blame certain types of individual, when it seems maybe that thiefing is by seemingly unlikely individuals and groups.
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 10:14:43 pm »

Oh come on now!

Pikeys, TVR owners...... can't you see the similarity?

They all buy fibreglass monstrosities, that repeatedly slow down other road users. They're either crawling along or "cooling off" at the side of the road.

Thet both leak terribly and are only bought by people of questionable parentage!

It's obvious - TVR drivers are pikeys done good!

Wink

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Newcastle Dave

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 10:23:35 pm »

Ouch - I love fibreglass. Grin Grin Grin Grin
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 12:02:47 am »

First pikeys and now TVR drivers!!! - anybody else that we should tar!!

Thankfully this year our group escaped without anything having been taken.  Being part of a larger group meant there was always some one around and our drinking cycles soon got out of sync with each other, so even at 4 in the morning there would be someone up and sober!! 

On Sunday I was left in charge of site "security" whilst everyone else went to view the finish.  ACO Security was still on the gate keeping none-campers out.

Anyhow I watched over the course of one hour one set of campers openly carry lots of stuff back to their van  - I know not from where, but from other sites out of view behind our site.  This included at least three barbecues and half a dozen chairs, and cooking equipment, and then I could see them emptying out a gazebo in the far distance in front of me.  I didnt challenge them because I didnt want to leave our stuff unattended, and it is possible that they were claiming abandoned items.

They werent pikeys (nor did they drive a TVR ) though it does seem to me that we can be quick to blame certain types of individual, when it seems maybe that thiefing is by seemingly unlikely individuals and groups.

It would have been good to publish the vehicle numbers perhaps... in this case nothing wrong with guilty until proven innocent...

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 12:39:22 am »

On the subject of Pikey's, whilst watching them arrive on Blue Nord after the race and driving around looking for stuff to take. My mate made the comment, "Well everyone of them has a better car than I do " !

There may be something in this pikey game ! We also wondered if there is a pecking order in the pikey world. Is there a big chief pikey that gets first dibs on the crap we all leave behind.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 09:19:39 am »

There may be something in this pikey game ! We also wondered if there is a pecking order in the pikey world. Is there a big chief pikey that gets first dibs on the crap we all leave behind.

Now theres an idea!

Do you think the pikey's rate each campsite, from rough to posh? Depending on the quaility of the loot the get.

Then does that mean, to make your campsite posher, you have to start leaving better quaility rubbish?

And if so what?

If you're going through hell, keep going.
liz_gordon21

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 10:44:17 am »

Registrations can be supplied to these TVR's but I was being kind, as for proof that it was them they were caught red handed with the objects at the time. They took them out and then tried to return them quickly when one of their merry band saw our group. These items were unique and individual. So I would say that they had good taste in what they took but bad judgement for beeing caught. They didn't deny taking them but sat sheepishly when challenged baaaaaad TVR drivers. Were they men or mice? don' tar pikeys with the same stick, they take anything, TVR drivers are supposedly respectable members of society Huh. I think not.   
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 06:40:53 pm »

I think the pikeys did seem more organized this year and a bit more selective in what they took.

Fridges, toilets and kitchen sinks were being rejected.

On Monday morning some of them seemed to be making forays then a short excursion of-site before returning for more so possibly loading up a larger truck.

On my way back into town I did see a more trad one , pulling a trailer loaded with a plastic chair and numerous other odd stuff behind a Honda 50!

But I think TVR drivers are being treated a bit harshly here though after all they do sound good (when running).

PS I don't have a TVR , but I did for a long time want a 1600M.

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 07:00:55 pm »

Nah it's the Dutchies wot nicks everyfink, we all know that  Grin Grin Grin
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 07:41:14 pm »

On HA I saw what I assume were three pikeys (two men and a woman) on the Sunday afternoon taking a stroll through the camping site, just checking and making mental notes of who was packing up early.

I also could have been completely mistaken and they were some French race goers walking at a leisurely pace through the camp site, but i don't think so.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Newcastle Dave

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 08:24:48 pm »

So this thread confirms the rumour of a speed six engine under there!!!

* lemans-pirate-ship.jpg (3.25 KB, 98x68 - viewed 348 times.)
liz_gordon21

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 09:07:34 pm »

you expect pikeys to rumage but you do not expect this from a tvr driver. and i am not being harsh enough
I think the pikeys did seem more organized this year and a bit more selective in what they took.

Fridges, toilets and kitchen sinks were being rejected.

On Monday morning some of them seemed to be making forays then a short excursion of-site before returning for more so possibly loading up a larger truck.

On my way back into town I did see a more trad one , pulling a trailer loaded with a plastic chair and numerous other odd stuff behind a Honda 50!

But I think TVR drivers are being treated a bit harshly here though after all they do sound good (when running).

PS I don't have a TVR , but I did for a long time want a 1600M.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: