Club Arnage
May 04, 2024, 05:19:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Club Arnage Guide to the 24h of Le Mans is available for download now!  (Read 11947 times)
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: June 07, 2012, 10:52:28 am »

Hi there

the 7th edition of "Le Mans (not just) for Dummies - The Club Arnage Guide to the 24h of Le Mans" is available for download now at http://www.clubarnage.com/caguide/ . (142 pages, 15.419 KB filesize).

STOP Press: We do have server problems right now, some people get error message when downloading from http://www.clubarnage.com/caguide/
Please note: In case you have problems with the above link and get error messages please try also at http://www.lemanszone.de/caguide2012.pdf . Please post here if one of the above links caused a problem and which one worked for you. This could help us to analyze the root cause.

More than 50 people have been involved in the production of the 2012 edition and make this publication a very good example for the efficiency of community work done by people working together in the same spirit.

As usual the guide is non-profit, ad-free and free to download, but a donation to the Club Arnage Charity fund would be highly appreciated, details are available on the download page.

We have tried to be as accurate and up-to-date as possible. However, if you find that something is not accurate, things have changed, places or services mentioned aren’t there any more or if you saw or experienced something in Le Mans which should be in this guide but it isn’t, please help us to improve the next edition by mailing your feedback and information to president(at)lemanszone.de - or, even better, update our wiki.

I wish all of you a good journey and exciting 24 hours of Le Mans 2012!

Werner
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 08:43:48 am by Werner » Logged

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
PAFC OK

Carpe Diem

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 10:56:04 am »

Yeehah!!!

Downloaded and printing now.

Immense thanks to everybody, Le Mans starts here.  Grin

Happy.

Go placidly amidst the noise and haste....
Bluarmy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 11:02:25 am »

Thanks to all that were involved in producing this year's guide
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 04:01:32 pm »

Both links are up and running at this time Werner.

Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 06:58:08 pm »

great work guys, will definately download and read through again Smiley
Ninka

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 08:59:55 pm »

Once again, thank you very much!

Ninka
Andy77

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 10:31:19 pm »

First off, a big thank you to all involved. My annual donation is launched   Cheesy ... and the 7th edition is almost printed except for a couple quirks I encountered.

While printing the guide I came across a couple errors, which were not to solve by just downloading the file again or using another printer/puter combo. I have downloaded the 2012 guide a couple times now but there are a couple errors within the pdf file that may have happened during export, it seems.

Here is my list of what does not work:

p.7 CA Donations - contains header line but then it is empty till foot line
p.26 the 4 classes - there is an flickering issue with everything below the first picture which leads adobe to state that there is an issue with the picture and the site cannot be printed
p.41 blank page
p.72 blank page
p.77 blank page
p.81 one picture shows up everything else flickers while scrtolling over it. same error message like the p.26 one
p.114 half blanked out page
p.131 blank page

I can`t print the entire file once because Adobe insists that it cannot read some pages. If I break it up and I still empty pages but at least I get most of the guide printed. I keep getting Adobe error messages about empty unprintable sites though. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Andy
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 10:35:11 pm by Andy77 » Logged
silverdove

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 10:48:35 pm »

Thanks guys - excellent reading material Smiley

P
slash

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 10:58:30 pm »

Hi Werner,

You are an absolute STAR for pulling all this together in the timescale you allow yourself.

Have a very large drink!

Slash
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 11:08:01 pm »

Hi Andy

What time did you download the file we did have some issues in the first couple of hours please try download again.

T.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Andy77

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 08:39:12 am »

Thanks for the heads up Lawnmowerman.

The first time I tried at noon yesterday but I put it aside because I had other stuff going on. Around 4pm I gave it the first try, which did not work so I downloaded the file and tried again.
Then I carefully scrolled through the file which gave me several error messages about missing pictures , not enough information of pictures to be displayed and again some empty/half empty pages such as page the CA Donations page (p7 in Adobe). It says "Call for Donations - Please help to support Club A" . Then the page goes empty blank white till the foot line with the page number 6.
I then looked if perhaps my Adobe Reader ain't up to date but it insisted that it is the latest Adobe X 10.3.1 and that it is fully up to date. So I tried downloading it again but came across the same errors. At this point I shut my laptop and went downstair to my Dads puter to do the routine there because I was convinced that the laptop would be playing tricks. But I got the dead same at my dads puter as well. I have checked Adobe Reader there as well but it is fully up to date there too. I then wrote the list and let you know and let it be for the night.

I just have tried downloading it again but it seemingly got worse even. There are a couple more pages not showing up with two error messages constantly showing up. First is
"An internal error occured" closely followed by "Error on this page. The page does not show up properly. Please inform the maker of your document" after hitting the ok button.
I can create a third error message too if I try to print the document because it then tells me that there are faulty pages and the document cannot be printed.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Andy
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 09:09:13 am »

Andy.

We have done a lot to verify the guide is correct on the server.
Are you downloading at home if so who is your ISP. for sure the file you downloaded at midday would have been corrupted. But by 15:00 UK time the problem was fixed.

I'll see if I can check the transfer logs and get back to you.

In the meantime try another download.

t.

Andy77

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 10:09:01 am »

Hi Lawnmowerman,

excuse me please if I annoy you with the issue.
Meanwhile, I downloaded again with similar result. But now I asked a bud a Ten Tenth Chatroom too, to try it for me. And he gets the same result like I do. So empty pages and error messages for him too.

If the file is perfect on your side maybe it gets scratched somewhere during transfer up or down here. Perhaps you can try and put it into a zip file so that it isn't the pdf directly which gets hit in the www between your and my computer

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 10:59:37 am »

Hi Lawnmowerman,

excuse me please if I annoy you with the issue.
Meanwhile, I downloaded again with similar result. But now I asked a bud a Ten Tenth Chatroom too, to try it for me. And he gets the same result like I do. So empty pages and error messages for him too.

If the file is perfect on your side maybe it gets scratched somewhere during transfer up or down here. Perhaps you can try and put it into a zip file so that it isn't the pdf directly which gets hit in the www between your and my computer

Please try again at http://www.lemanszone.de/caguide2012.pdf

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 11:04:08 am »

Hi Andy,

No you don't annoy me.  There is a problem I may seem a bit terse but it only cos I wanted to get on and look in to the problem.

I have looked in to this a little deeper and some how the file has reverted to the corrupt version.  So I have now put a good copy back on the server. 

This morning I have seen the errors you get by using a Windows system rather then the Mac I normally use.   

The file should be good now.

Putting the file in a zip won't make any difference if the file is damaged in some way then no matter is a pdf or a zip it's still damaged.

t

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: