Club Arnage
May 10, 2024, 03:54:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Would you accept DfH charging entrance for the Friday night party?  (Voting closed: November 01, 2007, 12:03:51 pm)
Yes, general entrance covering costs will do me fine. - 8 (17.4%)
Yes, like above - but with an additional amount for charity. - 35 (76.1%)
No, I'd rather have people sponsor a barrel of beer. - 2 (4.3%)
No, if you start charging money I'm not coming anymore. - 0 (0%)
I wasn't planning on coming anyway. - 1 (2.2%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LM'08, DfH's Friday night party - question for all...  (Read 29357 times)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2007, 05:41:10 pm »

Tshirts are a good idea and many of us buy them anyway from you guys.

I do think if it's like last year you'll end up with everyone wearing coats and jumpers over their tshirts. 

You can always get some some branded cheap ponchos in case of rain  Grin

I quite like the plastic beer glass theory but it's quite easy to separate someone from their glass and it be misused and it might be a bit of a pain for the guys pouring the beer? 

Tricky one.....

I do agree that whatever you go for you should keep the final design very quiet until arrival.   
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2007, 06:06:42 pm »

Of course the Zarses are happy to contribute towards costs and indeed we sponsored a barrel last year which I'm fairly sure we drank about six times over! BTW, I'm sure I remember Maruis keeping a pretty tight check on who'd paid for what and when. Maybe he later got staggeringly drunk, the record keeping went all to pieces and he went mad and decided to cut off his pony tail or something equally ridiculous!  Wink who knows...

Anyway, I think the suggested "pay in advance" for a wristband concept has some inherent design flaws ( and you probably know about these).

1. - Crowd control. How do you know precisely who the wrist bands are going too or that they won't be passed on to someone else who may be a less than desireable invitee? Lets say, just as a "for example" a group who we know (such as The Twaits etc) order thirty bands. How can you be sure who they'd bring along if they'd over-ordered and had to sell some to recoup their money? You could end up with some Houx Annexe ruffians (and I mean the roundabout tossers, not the Cobrateers!) with supa-soakers and a bad attitude. I dare say we could all put them in their place if we had too, but none the less it would spoil the unique freedom and fun loving Dutch atmosphere that we all appreciate so much.

2. Legal liability aspects - you start charging in advance and you become a public event (regardless of the charity aspect). This calls into question the limits of liability. Let's say a drunkard tumbles off the scaffolding and breaks his neck. His wife, who may not have been that keen on his attendence at LM anyway decides to sue DfH. A whole word of grief for you guys there...

3. Licencing - Dunno about this but is an event licence requitred in France?

Just my thoughts anyway. Sorry to be the voice of doom here but please consider them before changing a sucessful formula.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivrι? Sϋrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2007, 06:35:04 pm »

re: liability or an event licence, all good points Andy makes and made me think, would you need them if 'we all' were a just group of friends (as is the case) - do wen need a licence if we have a BBQ at home and tell our friends to bring a bottle - is the DfH Friday 'party' any different leagally? I have no idea, Paddy et al are just asking their friends to help contribute to the BBQ/party as they can source  and transport the party essentials (beer and music) easier and cheaper than the rest of the 'group of friends' could.
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2007, 07:34:53 pm »

re: liability or an event licence, all good points Andy makes and made me think, would you need them if 'we all' were a just group of friends (as is the case) - do wen need a licence if we have a BBQ at home and tell our friends to bring a bottle - is the DfH Friday 'party' any different leagally? I have no idea, Paddy et al are just asking their friends to help contribute to the BBQ/party as they can source  and transport the party essentials (beer and music) easier and cheaper than the rest of the 'group of friends' could.

JDS & myself think alike here.

Wrist bands & T shirts are easily covered up if the weather turns.  And, groups may want to wear their own team shirts to be recognised by. So, how about necklesses/neckbands. Can be easily worn outside clothing or remain visable. Just a thought. A 'special' neckless I would wear permanently, even start a collection if this idea is continued.

Regarding attendee numbers, you could limit advance 'over the top' booking number to 10/12. Should additional numbers be required by the 'teams/groups', the team organiser must apply seperately with names etc.

BTW (1), I'm prepared to assist in the bar work as I do it the sailing club and give you guys a rest.

BTW (2) guys, what a brilliant party this year. Me any my crew (Team Y Draigg Gogh- Team Red Dragon) will be back to enjoy your very special hospitality.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 07:42:05 pm by Leftie » Logged

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2007, 08:30:32 pm »

What about a VIP DfH pass hung round the neck, like JP did for his crews bash 3 years ago?
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2007, 08:53:21 pm »

What about a VIP DfH pass hung round the neck

Presumably the idea is to have something that cant be passed from one person to another like last years wristbands once they were fixed on? 

Then of course what happens about  someone with a wristband asking for "two beers" - would you only be able to get one glass at a time? 

I am glad I dont have to organise it!

F

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2007, 09:04:35 pm »

Then of course what happens about  someone with a wristband asking for "two beers" - would you only be able to get one glass at a time? 

Hang 2 passes round your neck for 2 beers?

Presumably most people who would get a pass are in groups that would all qualify for the event, freeloaders tend to be strangers who just wander in, so wouldn't have one pass between them.

I 'm also glad I'm not organising it, but still willing to help. How about you Fran, you would be great serving behind the bar.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 09:08:45 pm by Barry » Logged
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2007, 09:27:16 pm »

Hang 2 passes round your neck for 2 beers?

I do'nt think people took the p*ss when ordering beers, well may be a few.

But when I helped on the bar, while someone ( Roll Eyes ) went for a wee break  Grin

The two guys, who ordered beers. One asked for 7 x beers and one asked for 8 x beers!

Thats why when Tom got to the bar and asked for 1 beer he got servered straight away, also I  like Tom.  Grin as he was having a bad day as well  Wink

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2007, 09:58:30 pm »

How about you Fran, you would be great serving behind the bar. 

Of course I have done lots of bar work in my time Barry - was even a licensee for a few years.  I am always happy to help out if needed (esp as there is no adding up at the DfH bar) !!! Smiley

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2007, 10:05:45 pm »

Sorry to be the voice of doom here [...]
No, I ought to thank you for that. Waiver will be included with whatever we will send Grin
Just remember this warning at the last edition: http://gallery.drinkingforholland.com/main.php/v/LM2007/il+Cavallino/DSC_3937.JPG.html

As long as the entrance 'things' (wrist band, cap, shirt, whatever wel will come up with) are pre-sold and sent before setting off for La Sarthe, I don't think the ACO can hurt us. They cannot see any money exchanging hands, and so officially it's one big party. And to be honest, as long as there is no profit involved I think we will be safe.

I 'm also glad I'm not organising it, but still willing to help.

Yes, it takes a lot of organising, grief and stress. But I will never forget climbing on the scaffolding in '06 seeing all of you standing there. Just never realised untill then what we achieved, and it was a great feeling I tell you. That feeling is the drive to do it again every year. Not nesceserily bigger, but most definitely better!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 10:07:52 pm by Paddy_NL » Logged

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2007, 10:15:51 pm »

Firstly Chaps thanks for the great hospitality and sore heads at this years parties.
I am willing to go with whatever works best for you guys, causes minimum hasle, covers your costs and raises cash for charity. I think optional tee shirts would be good, the cost could include an addtional amount for beer and a charity donation, or a wrist band with the same beer and charity contribution amount.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2007, 10:19:58 pm »

Sorry to be the voice of doom here [...]
No, I ought to thank you for that. Waiver will be included with whatever we will send Grin
Just remember this warning at the last edition: http://gallery.drinkingforholland.com/main.php/v/LM2007/il+Cavallino/DSC_3937.JPG.html

As long as the entrance 'things' (wrist band, cap, shirt, whatever wel will come up with) are pre-sold and sent before setting off for La Sarthe, I don't think the ACO can hurt us. They cannot see any money exchanging hands, and so officially it's one big party. And to be honest, as long as there is no profit involved I think we will be safe.

I 'm also glad I'm not organising it, but still willing to help.

Yes, it takes a lot of organising, grief and stress. But I will never forget climbing on the scaffolding in '06 seeing all of you standing there. Just never realised untill then what we achieved, and it was a great feeling I tell you. That feeling is the drive to do it again every year. Not nesceserily bigger, but most definitely better!
My thoughts exactly. It's always a hassle, and sometimes it gives you some bad mouthing at home, but the the week of hanging around with Hollands and British finest makes it all worth it. Smiley

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2007, 10:33:09 pm »

Firstly Chaps thanks for the great hospitality and sore heads at this years parties.
I am willing to go with whatever works best for you guys, causes minimum hasle, covers your costs and raises cash for charity. I think optional tee shirts would be good, the cost could include an addtional amount for beer and a charity donation, or a wrist band with the same beer and charity contribution amount.
Myself and lady PP are happy to go with what ever comes about. Sure DFH and The Brethren will come to an agreement so all are happy.
I think a charity contribution from all is great, so its not just those winning an auction (if there is one?)item that donate.
With regards to laws and licences for events in France.... not sure what some of the security crew we saw this year would do if they saw money changing hands.... some of them looked like jolly unsavoury characters.

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2007, 10:49:22 pm »

Although I didn't make it to the party this year, I still coughed up for the keg I promised to sponsor. Hope you all enjoyed drinking it!!!!!!!! Wink

From what I understand, the event is well attended by several groups, many of who have at least a passing aquaintance with other groups attending. I think if there was a general understanding to be on the lookout for free loaders combined with wristbands, that would be adequate.
It can't be that difficult to roll up your sleeve to display your wristband when you order your beer!

Whatever happens, hope it all works out well in '08.

Thanks DfH.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2007, 09:27:14 am »

Well, if we are going to opt for T-shirts, there will be inevitable additional costs. If we go for a cheaper quality and have an amount of somewhere 300 pieces, the price should be really low.
I also see the majority is voting for a surcharge for charity, so I guess that will have a go ahead as well.

Haven't got the prices from my supplier yet, but I'm counting on €5 a piece, add to that the contribution to the party of €5. Sounds logic to make the surcharge for charity the same €5. Effectively this would mean the evening would cost €15, or £10 each. More than I stated in my opening post.

On the positive side; you would have a souvenir of the evening, and I can't wait to see 300 people gathered together all wearing the same shirt Wink

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: