Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 06:12:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aco members benefits  (Read 883 times)
powerman

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2023, 08:50:41 pm »

I have been going to 24hr for 40 years but never had Aco membership. Just been treated to membership for 2024. Could someone explain what I get from being a member.
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 10:30:49 am »

Not as much as years gone by.

https://www.lemans.org/en/aco-members/club-offers/aco-simple

JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 09:18:47 am »

Just think of it as paying a few euros for the chance to purchase tickets a few weeks after the agencies and corporates have taken their slice, and a few days before the general public - pretty much every other benefit there ever was is now either scrapped or available at additional cost.
Aysedasi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2023, 09:24:19 am »

A few weeks after the agencies?  From what I understand, the agencies have no idea right now (as last year) what their 'slice' will be.....
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2023, 10:09:47 am »

A few weeks after the agencies?  From what I understand, the agencies have no idea right now (as last year) what their 'slice' will be.....
OK, to be clear, a few weeks after the ACO have decided what the agency slices will be (but may or may not have informed them) - ergo, we get the scrapings that are left.
Aysedasi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2023, 01:13:11 pm »

Hmmm, I guess you're right.  The ACO must know what 'slice' they're going to give the agencies which makes it all the more puzzling (and galling for the agencies) that the ACO don't tell them sooner....  If the agencies knew what they were going to get (fairly definitively) then we wouldn't have the situation of people clogging up the ticketing system from ticketing opening in order to hedge their bets by buying direct while also waiting on their agency orders.... 
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2023, 03:44:33 pm »

I'm confused (no change there then)  We use an agency, as the ACO never had much for sale.  We now want to change campsite to one nearer the Tribunes.  If we can, probably 3 of our geriatrics will want to come, so we'll need more pitches, which we probably won't be able to get.

This has been a nightmare for 30 years  Cry

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2023, 01:21:11 am »

I'm confused (no change there then)  We use an agency, as the ACO never had much for sale.  We now want to change campsite to one nearer the Tribunes.  If we can, probably 3 of our geriatrics will want to come, so we'll need more pitches, which we probably won't be able to get.

This has been a nightmare for 30 years  Cry

Good luck with that plan, all the sites near the tribunes don't exist anymore and the increase in camping pitch prices direct from the ACO, even with members discount, are eye watering, agency prices are going to be extremely painful.
After 21 years attending I'm bailing out, don't like the piss taken out!!!!
It's nearly cheaper to go to Sebring!
So sad!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2023, 01:23:18 am by Barry » Logged
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2023, 11:51:48 am »

I'm confused (no change there then)  We use an agency, as the ACO never had much for sale.  We now want to change campsite to one nearer the Tribunes.  If we can, probably 3 of our geriatrics will want to come, so we'll need more pitches, which we probably won't be able to get.

Good luck with that plan, all the sites near the tribunes don't exist anymore and the increase in camping pitch prices direct from the ACO, even with members discount, are eye watering, agency prices are going to be extremely painful.
So sad!

I'm kind of with you on this and thinking to leave 2024 in order to do something family orientated (Last year before school holidays rule our holiday plans so I might as well take advantage)

JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2023, 01:00:37 pm »

So sad!

The entry and especially the camping ticket prices have now got so out of hand I'm giving very serious consideration to putting our marquees up in my garden and having our Le Mans week there instead !!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: