Club Arnage
May 09, 2024, 12:03:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ACO list of 24 automatic entries for 2007 published  (Read 6692 times)
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: December 14, 2006, 08:20:30 am »

Good morning everybody,

the ACO has published the list of the 24 preselected entries, see http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/live/ressources/pdf/selectionnes_24h2007.pdf

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 09:00:45 am »

cant wait to see those spyders Grin Grin Grin

* prrsche1.jpg (42.53 KB, 615x313 - viewed 252 times.)

geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 09:18:23 am »

But surely this is just a list of those teams/cars that have qualified for an entry based upon 2006 results, and not a definitive list of the first accepted entries?

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 09:22:10 am »

Thats right, unless Penske has a change of heart, if there are any Spyders there, they won't be his.

I am not sure about the RISI Ferraris either.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 09:23:31 am »

But surely this is just a list of those teams/cars that have qualified for an entry based upon 2006 results, and not a definitive list of the first accepted entries?

Yep, this is a list of automatic entries, say, if those teams enter, their entry will be accepted. The privilege belongs to the team, not to a car or manufactorer and the teams can only enter in the class they have qualified for. As to this list:

2 guesses:

- I doubt we'll see 3 Audis on the grid, more likely it will be 2
- It's unlikely that we will see team Penske at Le Mans

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 10:40:36 am »

The teams have till January the 8th to confirm whether they will be taking up their auto-entries. I am pretty sure you won't see any Penske spyders at Le Mans this year.
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 10:44:10 am »

poop Angry

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 05:36:10 pm »

4 more entries
http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/live/actu/2006-12-22_GD_1252_gb.html
Vitaphone?  With what?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 05:43:16 pm »

An auto entry gives the teams the opportunity to change cars, but not class I believe.

So if vitaphone can get there hands on an ACO legal GT1 car and want to compete, then they can.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2006, 05:49:24 pm »

Hence the wording in this release, methinks.  Eh Fran, maybe they'll resurect that Saleen, eh?  Or chop a bit off the Mazzer.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2006, 06:01:02 pm »

It vitaphone do get their hands on any piece of legal ACO hardware they certainly are a team that could give the factory vette and astons something to worry about.

I wonder if they can rent GLPK's C6, hmmmmm
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2006, 06:04:02 pm »

Oh and speaking of Saleens since I know at least one member has a bit of a fetish. Racing Box the Italian GT team have apparently bought a new upgraded one from Oreca to race in the LMS. Their Maserati MC12 is now ineligible in Italian GT as they have scrapped GT1 as the top class. They may do some FIA GT with it though.
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 03:54:24 pm »

interesting.

Maserati offered first Le Mans 24-Hour spot.

Maserati could compete in the Le Mans 24Hours for the first time after an agreement was reached between the FIA GT and the Automobile Club de l'Ouest to offer entries to four more teams in addition to those already pre-selected for the endurance classic.

Although Maserati have been one of the dominant forces in the GT1 based FIA GT Championship since they arrived in 2004, the Italian team has been unable to compete against Le Mans stalwarts Corvette, Ferrari and Aston Martin in the past due to various issues with regulations, as well as conflicts between the Le Mans Series and FIA GT Championship.

Nonetheless, while Maserati and their MC12 were once again missing from the 24-strong pre-selection group announced last week, a deal has since been struck between SRO Chariman Stephane Ratel and the president of the Automobile Club de l'Ouest Mr Jean-Claude Plassar to expand the pre-selection entry for four more teams, those that finished in the top two in the GT1 and GT2 classes.

This means Vitaphone Maserati have received an opportunity to take the fight to their rivals on a worldwide stage for the first time, while BMS Scuderia Italia have also been invited to compete again with their Aston Martin DBR9 after taking part in 2006.

Tubs

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2006, 04:09:51 pm »

This means Vitaphone Maserati have received an opportunity to take the fight to their rivals on a worldwide stage for the first time, while BMS Scuderia Italia have also been invited to compete again with their Aston Martin DBR9 after taking part in 2006.
Nothing has changed, the MC12 is still not ACO legal. Where did the above text come from?
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 04:36:28 pm »

crash.net
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: