Club Arnage
May 09, 2024, 09:58:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Draft: Call for donations in the CA guide - your comments please  (Read 11625 times)
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: May 18, 2007, 10:52:06 am »

Hi all,

Doris has given me the bank details now, but please don't use the paypal-link, it's not valid yet.

Following is a draft of a "call for donation" page in the CA guide, page 3 behind the coverpage and the disclaimer, very important topic, that's why I don't want to hide it in the guide thread.

Please review at http://www.clubarnage.com/caguide/caguide2007/_callfordonations.pdf

and make suggestions for changes or corrections if necessary

Cheers

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 10:58:13 am »

Looks really good.  My only couple of small observations :

1st para, 2nd sentence, a comma after the word free.  2nd para.  A comma after October and again after reappear; and perhaps "members agreed rather than members discussed as it's decided now?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 11:04:59 am »

Looks really good.  My only couple of small observations :

1st para, 2nd sentence, a comma after the word free.  2nd para.  A comma after October and again after reappear; and perhaps "members agreed rather than members discussed as it's decided now?

Hi termie,

thanks, I'll add the commas. As to the "agreed" instead of "discussed": We'll, the "decision" to include the BigH bike tour supported kidney charity was never officially agreed, I just added it - unlike the 2 other charities which came out as the top 2 in our vote from last year. But I might as well write "agreed" if no one disagrees here...

hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 11:12:35 am »

I'd be tempted to mention BigH's trip?

and perhaps be a little more persuasive in the request for donations! 

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 11:13:38 am »

You're a member - you agreed it!  Oh, and who's gonna argue with Big H. Especially after all the entertainment he's been providing us with recently  laugh?
I like Piglet's idea about publicising his efforts.  A link to his hilarious exploits would be nice too.

EDIT Is there any way we can get this appeal between the internet link page and the download, something to force people to go via this page before they can access the guide?  Then the links would be immediately accessible and nobody would need to type them in.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 11:19:35 am by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 11:21:47 am »

BigH himself will write something about it for the guide

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 11:23:02 am »

EDIT Is there any way we can get this appeal between the internet link page and the download, something to force people to go via this page before they can access the guide?  Then the links would be immediately accessible and nobody would need to type them in.

What an excellent idea!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 11:23:29 am »

BigH himself will write something about it for the guide
Then maybe mention what page this is on in the guide in the bit about his charity?

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 11:23:58 am »

Yes, I will put the donation story and the links on the download page, so noone needs to type it

Edit: I can even set up the download page in a way, that people MUST read our call for donation before they can proceed to the actual download.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 11:26:58 am by Werner » Logged

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 11:32:19 am »

Edit: I can even set up the download page in a way, that people MUST read our call for donation before they can proceed to the actual download.

This gets my vote  Grin
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 11:34:59 am »

Mine too.

Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2007, 11:51:45 am »

Count my vote in too. All suggestions/modifications so far are spot on.
Big H has been entertaining us for more years than I can remember, not just "recently"  Wink
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 12:10:10 pm »

I agree too.

Werner, I have a copy of some code somewhere that does that if you don't have it to hand!
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2007, 12:18:14 pm »

Like it a lot.  And the subsequent ideas that have appeared.  A few minor thoughts in no particular order, to take or leave as you wish:

1)  Make the title a bit more eye-catching.  In capitals, bigger and bolder, and include the word charity, so that if it's on page 3 people scanning it don't just turn over the page thinking that it's about donations to CA.  Perhaps something like "Help Support CA's Chosen Charities".  

2)  If this is to be updated each year, and particularly as the nominated charities may change from year to year, might be worth something along the lines of "Produced in aid of charity, the 2007 Club Arnage Guide to the 24 Hours of Le Mans is free to download.  Those who gave their time and skills to produce it and help you enjoy the Le Mans experience would be very grateful and would really feel rewarded if you could make a donation, of however much you feel able to spare, to help us support three very worthwhile charities".  Put the words "to help you enjoy the Le Mans experience" in bold font.

3)  Not sure of the IT trickery involved with pdf documents, but can the website links be included as links that can be clicked on, which would make it easier for someone to visit the sites when viewing electronically?

4)  For the bank transfer details, separate the domestic UK coding from the international coding.

5)  Reference to the distribution of the funds is rightly included - probably worth also stating that details of those funds raised and their presentation to the charities will be posted on the CA forum.  

All the best,

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2007, 12:32:02 pm »

I agree too.

Werner, I have a copy of some code somewhere that does that if you don't have it to hand!

Thanks a lot, I've got already a code sample for this

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: