Club Arnage
May 03, 2024, 07:23:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beausejour Campsite - is it any good?  (Read 23407 times)
simon_bec
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2004, 05:31:56 pm »

Hi all,

We have a motorhome and a small group of 10 Bike engined kit cars (all brits). THink we are 20 bods in total. In BSJ last year in second field. Will be there sometime on Wednesday :-)

Simon
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2004, 05:34:00 pm »

Read the posts from Skorpio above

http://www.clubarnage.com/yabbse/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1600;start=15

Steve East Anglian cobras

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2004, 05:57:45 pm »

Well it sounds like Skorpio is the earliest arrival and gets to set up base camp!  
Simes
CA Veteran

194.7bhp mmmm..

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2004, 07:39:10 pm »

Sounds like we'll be heading for the second field then, does the pond double as a swimming pool  Grin Grin

Sadly it stunk of shite...

skorpio
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2004, 11:00:22 pm »

Well it sounds like Skorpio is the earliest arrival and gets to set up base camp!  
------------------------------

So can someone tell me where is the best place to head for, bearing in mind I haven't a clue where we're going Grin  can someone  p'raps draw a map of the site with the best spots, stand pipes, etc and post it here for me/us. Will then set up "base camp" with cold beers waiting  Wink Cheesy
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2004, 12:06:00 am »

So can someone tell me where is the best place to head for, bearing in mind I haven't a clue where we're going Grin  can someone  p'raps draw a map of the site with the best spots, stand pipes, etc and post it here for me/us. Will then set up "base camp" with cold beers waiting  Wink Cheesy

Skorpio, Gibberish and his merry band were on this site last year and will be there this year also.
Maybe he can enlighten all you BSJ happy campers.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2004, 12:31:46 am »

Sounds like we'll be heading for the second field then, does the pond double as a swimming pool  Grin Grin

Now yer talkin call in at mb and watch the turd racing far better than that 24 hr crap.
It starts daily between 1200 and 1300.
If you want to you can sponsor a turd, you even get to have your name put on the rear tail fin, those new to turd racing that is the tapered bit at the end that stops your ass closing with a slap.
Smokie had one last year that was covered in black and white squares and for £1 you could put your name on a square, I believe that the team went by the name of Racing for Turdland.
Come early as space is at a premium, he will if asked do hospitality days but sorry to say he only offers these on E bay.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2004, 09:39:56 am »

Hi Brian, I fear the Turd races have limited appeal outside of our select group. Best watched in company with low flyers's i am told Shocked
Canada Phil
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2004, 09:56:37 am »

I'm confused now.
If the pointy end is the bow, how come it arrives last?
Will the bogs at MB be RORO this year?
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
simon_bec
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2004, 04:05:13 pm »

Hi,

On entry to the main BJ site there were 2 distinct fields with two access roads (read tracks). There is a big hedge thing separating the two fields.

As you go in there is a path/trackalmost straight ahead that goes towards the left side of the field, this is quite a large square field quite large, the Danes had a huuuuge structure in here last year, pigs roasted daily etc...

Probably a good 200m up this track the second field starts and the toilets were on this join between fields. The second filed is even bigger with a ditch running down the left hand side (far left along with some small trees. Good to keep away from this! Standpipes were sort of near there too.

On the right handside of the field there is a hedge and more trees and bank then the TRACK! This side looked to be quite popular (more so in the first field as there seemed to be shade).

On the whole, much of a muchness.. Seemed a good bunch and loads o brits too :-)

Simon
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2004, 06:00:28 pm »

Hi Simon,
              Am I correct in thinking the TRACK would be the approach to Porsche Curves? Is it a good spot to watch from? or are they just wizzing by? I like to watch from the spectator hump at Porsche Curves but always looking for other viewpoints.
Canada Phil
skorpio
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2004, 09:16:55 am »

Right, looks like right hand side of the second field then, see you all there Wink
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2004, 09:20:57 am »

Right, looks like right hand side of the second field then, see you all there Wink

That's kind of where we were last year.

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2004, 09:25:01 am »

Hi Simon,
              Am I correct in thinking the TRACK would be the approach to Porsche Curves? Is it a good spot to watch from? or are they just wizzing by? I like to watch from the spectator hump at Porsche Curves but always looking for other viewpoints.
Canada Phil

Phil.  Yes it is the approach to, and the Porche Curves themselves.  It's true that the campsite runs almost right up to the track, but the track is elevated some 15 feet above the level of the camp site.  Consequently you can't really see anything from the site, just the occasional sight of the top of something whizzing by.

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
simon_bec
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2004, 10:49:43 am »

Hi,

Yes it is approach to Porche Curves but as already said it is 15ft up a bank.

You **can** actually get up this bank for a little night time viewing / filming but the CRS wern't too happy. Told us to go around the other side - gesturing to the Press enclosure the other side of track.

We went in there and were able to stand by the barrier some 10ft from track and got some good video from there. My friend waived his PADDI diving card as ID :-))

It's not bad viewing from the enclosures there.. Does anyone know where the access road running down the side of BSJ camping goes?? seems to go into the wood but does this end up near track?

Okay then, we are looking to be second field, RHS. As I said, should be there by Wednesday sometime, 10 bike engined kit cars and a motorhome... gone posh this year.

Simon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: