Club Arnage
May 04, 2024, 08:43:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hope you had a good time  (Read 11815 times)
andymac

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2009, 10:03:11 am »

Ladies and Gents.
I hope everything went well for you this year. I was meant to and had every intension of popping over and putting some faces to names, but it was manic at the TL site and I left our site for the first time on Saturday morning.
Everything went well though bar a few space issues.

I am interested in how the CA group got on in Bleu Nord.
Was it a good area and is it worth keeping or trying for something else?
I am sure we can repeat the same for next year if it suits yourselves. However, it might be worth having a central CA member who would take responsibility of organising your campsite arrangements within the 90 pitches available. This way, you can all decide how to arrange pitches to accommodate marquees etc.

Just a thought.

Regards and roll on 2010. I will endeavour to watch a bit of the race next year!
Andy
Team Langoustine
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 10:19:32 am »

Hi Andy
I thought that it was great.
Super spot, allowed the party animals to, well party, but also allowed very conveniant access to the track/stands for those of us intrested in the race. Also very easy access to Arnage, Mulsanne and the supermarkets.
My vote would be same spot next year if possible, although I know some people would prefer to go back to MB.
Thankyou for sorting out the tickets for us.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 11:51:27 am »

Hi Andy,

I didn't get my personal tickets from you. But was quite close to the Club Carnage area. 

Next year I will be sourcing all my tickets from you.

I think you may find we will need many more than we took last year.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
andymac

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 12:24:59 pm »

We will set aside the 90 pitches, but if you think you will need more, let me know soon and I will start pestering the ACO for an increased allocation.
It is a shame it has to be done so soon after the race, when the last thing we want to do is worry about 2010, but to give you an idea how they work, we normally reserve places in January 17 months in advance! Then cross our fingers.
tn*c
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 12:28:58 pm »

I could administer this if wanted. Unless Rusty already had his eyes on this.

Is there any chance we could get fencing similar to 1st Tickets? Not sure on everyones views of this but it would increase security on our site.

The location of these plots were almost ideal. Shifting them to the left about 4 rows would be spot on as all pitches would be within a reasonable reach of the taps with a hosepipe. Oh and make sure the ACO can count next year! 74, 76, 75, 78, 79?Huh??

Thanks Andy for sorting us out this year. We must meet for a beer at the Old Leathern Bottle at somepoint.
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 12:56:18 pm »

I'm also interested to have a few pitches inside the CA-area next year. 
Getting a fence like 1st Tickets would be great for security, now we had to lock everything up when we left, just to be sure nothing would be missing when we returned.

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 01:02:19 pm »

I thought that the pitches were excellent, well situated, well drained and easy to get tent pegs into.
Access to everywhere was easy and the showers and toilets were well looked after and seemed to work all week.
The row numbering issue that took up our first 2 hours on site was a little trying but was eventually resolved without too much hassle and no one losing out on their pitches (if only the ACO chaps had listened at first it would have been 10 minutes!)

We are more than happy to have the same spots again for next year.

Cheers Andy

LPP
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 01:05:12 pm by Lord Pig-Pen » Logged

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 01:08:04 pm »

I'm also interested to have a few pitches inside the CA-area next year.  
Getting a fence like 1st Tickets would be great for security, now we had to lock everything up when we left, just to be sure nothing would be missing when we returned.

The CA area on BN was great and I really enjoyed it and hope there will be something similar next year. Thanks to Andy for this.

But I don't feel so comfortable about a fence like 1st Tickets. Camping nearby and looking at that high fence of the 1st-Ticket-enclosure all the time I sometimes felt like throwing bananas into it - which I never did, of course - because it looked very similar to the animal cages in our local zoo. I'd probably develop some sort of Guantanamo-feeling in there...

May be there are other options than such a high fence to increase security, e.g. a CA compound with a specially hired security officer - would of course increase ticket costs a bit...

Cheers

Werner
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 01:37:58 pm by Werner » Logged

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 01:33:00 pm »

Hi Andy thanks for organising it all,  Cheesy it wasd much appreciated. After the ACO messed me about so much, yet again, it was great to deal with someone both sane and logical!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 01:42:04 pm »

Share Werner's view of fencing, bit OTT.

Apart from the cost, is it that much of a problem to lock valuables in the car?

I felt that this year it was definatly a case of safety in numbers, there always seemed to be somebody up and about, wharever the time of day/night.
If you were nicking, would you risk raiding Camp Carnage? Or would you look for a softer target, where if caught, you are unlikely to be lynched?
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 02:01:37 pm »

I too am not fussed about fencing around the site either. As Barry said, between the racegoers and the partygoers there were always people about at any given time and going on the fact that everyone knows who everyone is (mostly), any unfamiliar faces were watched like hawks.
The lads at the rear of first tickets did a fine job of Pikey spotting and saved us some chairs that were being loaded into a pikeymobile. I dont think anyone else lost anything of importance, but I may be wrong on that one.
My only gripe was that It would have been nice to be near the tram for access to town but I guess you cant have everything and looking at the rivers running down HA on Monday when we went to see JDS I think we were much better off where we were.

PP

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 03:26:23 pm »

I agree with most of the comments above. The people inside their enclosure looked like they were having much less fun than us (but you could say that about most of the other race-goers). Part of the fun is having friends from other camp sites pop over for a visit. That wouldn't be so easy if we were behind an extra layer of fencing.
I felt that the security at BN was excellent but then I wasn't there for peak Pikey times (from Sunday afternoon onwards).
To be quite honest, I wouldn't really mind where I was as long as it was withing a large group of CA ers, relatively close to the circuit and fairly secure.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 03:34:16 pm »

I'm fairly sure that as long as Lady Pig Pen attends we won't need any more in the way of security.  Her special way of dealing with pikeys was very effective.   Roll Eyes

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 03:51:24 pm »

I noticed this on Sunday evening both in shock and amusement  police

Andy, thanks very much for delivering such a big stake of pitches on BN for CA. It makes live a lot more easier, saver and the party hopping was great fun, too.

I share above thoughts about Guantanamo Bay - 1st-Tickets.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 06:04:24 pm »

I took the decision to change from HA to BN and had some sceptical people with me upon arrival to BN!
Not helped by Team Red Dragon nicking one of our pitches but that was soon sorted  Grin

I have to say a big thanks to Andy @ TL because I thought the CA camp was awesome!!

I agree with most of above and think the safety in numbers thing really helped the pikey situation, I also wouldn't like the fencing thing

Maybe we could get a corner so we only secure two sides??

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: