Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 05:51:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Local Knowledge + Big H....  (Read 1962 times)
TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2007, 11:54:55 am »

My better  half will be joining me at LM but rather than spend this year drinking into a stupor she wants to spend a couple of days cycling about the place (she does Marathons and Triathlons so is a bit good!).

She wants to end up getting to HA on the Saturday so that she doesn't miss out too much(!)

An idea that I thought of was if you are interested is to hook up with you for one of your days to lend support and give you a partner to spur you on etc etc.

Otherwise, can anyone local help with some nice routes and scenery?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 05:51:45 pm »

Take a look at
http://vttsarthe.free.fr/plugins/openfiches/fiches.php?lng=fr&nom_fiches=Circuits%20des%20v
Sorry about the long url!  Click on circuit 72 for routes. If you click on Randos 72, there are dates and times of organised rides too, if she's happy to join a few locals.  They are very friendly.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 05:54:08 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 10:16:48 am »

Hi Toby,
but rather than spend this year drinking into a stupor she wants to spend a couple of days cycling

But why not do both?!
I haven't sorted a route out yet, other than deciding to try to stick to D roads from Cherbourg to Le Mans. I'll post my route up here once I get it sorted, mainly so people don't run me over. Good luck cycling around Le Sarthe, mind you I'm not sure how safe it would be during race week, there'll be a lot of lagered up people blasting around the lanes, either drunk from the night before, intoxicated from the lunchtime wine, or bladdered from the afternoon session. - I'm sure the people on Termies link will know the score. I'll check this one out myself, as I'll be needing a route to MB from NW of town.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 10:35:32 am »

Cheers folks - she speaks fluent French so mixing with the locals is not a problem!

I'll drop her off en route on the Wednesday so will look at Termies link later and forward it on to her...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: