Club Arnage
May 04, 2024, 07:54:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: termietermite  (Read 22747 times)
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 04:56:16 pm »

Hi Ian, I hope Deb is comfortable, in the best place to put her right, give her my regards for a speedy recovery.
Look after yourself too mate. Best wishes for you both.
Andy

Andy
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 05:59:33 pm »

I've been a bit 'off the radar' for a couple of weeks (been to Bonneville for Speed Week).

Hope Deb is receiving all the care and attention she deserves and is feeling more comfortable now.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 07:58:00 pm »

Take a deep breath chaps - Deb's cancer is back, but now on her liver. More than that I don't know at present, but, as ever, I'll try to keep you informed.

Missing Termietermite
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 08:57:27 pm »

Sorry to hear that. Please keep us informed. We're all behind you.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 09:01:31 pm »

I'm composed now, so I'm going to do my best to write this before I lose it again.

As some of you know, on Sunday, I had to leave Silverstone in a hurry, owing to a major bereavement in my family.  I did so, with Debs keys in my pocket.  Debs was (as is in her very nature) incredible about it.  Not only did she wait patiently for me for about 45 minutes after my ETA whilst I battled my way through a major accident on the M40 to get them back to her - when I arrived, she greeted me with a warm smile - noticing my distress she gave me a massive hug, before telling me to keep my chin up and sending me back to my wife and child to cope with their distress.  I knew she was ill.  I told her to get her arse to the doctor.  

Debs, without your kindness and generosity on Sunday, one of the worst days of my life so far, would have been even worse.  My thoughts, prayers and hopes are with both Debs, and you, Ian.  

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 10:48:20 pm »

Sorry to hear about this.
Get well soon Deb.
sceetum
CA Veteran

Team booze n' tabs

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 11:49:17 pm »

Sorry to hear this. Thoughts and best wishes to both of you. Get well soon Deb

What have the romans ever done for us?
mulc99
CA Veteran

I'm not fat. Just suffer from malnutrition!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2012, 04:16:09 am »

Thinking about you both.
Get well soon Deb.
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2012, 12:02:16 pm »

You are in my thoughts, get well soon Deb's.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2012, 12:08:43 pm »

Brad - Deb was very eloquent about the effort you had put in to return her keys, in the face of enormous pain at home. She had told me the whole detailed story on the way back from Calais, and had clearly been mortified (sorry!) by your evident distress.

She thinks you are a hell of a fella!

Just had a txt to say she's been seen by a psychologist, a masseuse, and a doctor. The old lady, probably gaga, with whom she's been sharing since Weds p.m., is being moved out. I visit this afternoon, natch, and we may try to get Deb online.

It goes without saying that CA warmth goes a long way with us, TVM to all.

Missing Termietermite
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2012, 11:02:08 pm »

Take a deep breath chaps - Deb's cancer is back, but now on her liver. More than that I don't know at present, but, as ever, I'll try to keep you informed.
Sorry I have not been around for a while Ian, sorry to hear Deb's news, all strength and best wishes to her.
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2012, 12:05:49 am »

Oh Blimey Ian!

Please send Debs our best (that's Lois and me), the two of you have certainly been through it since the accident. Please you also look after yourself. Hopefully in the next day or so we can communicate directly with Debs through the medium of the interweb, but in the meantime, our thoughts and prayers are with both of you. And so many thanks for the updates.

Gary

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2012, 05:29:22 am »

Hi Ian,
        Sorry to hear of Deb's latest setback. Best wishes to both of you. tell her to get well soon.
Phil
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2012, 12:07:35 pm »

Sorry to here the bad news Ian. Sending Debs my thoughts and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2012, 07:36:56 pm »

While I would love to tell you that Deb is feeling better, I can't. She is still dreadfully short of breath - despite the oxygen supply bieng increased earlier today - to the point of being unable to plug the lead into her netbook. She spends a lot of time rinsing her mouth out - with Coke! This is provided for her, as is a bowl to expectorate afterwards. No doubt a tiny % goes down her throat. She is also using one of those water atomiser sprays. I cannot claim that the hospital aren't caring. After all, it's the weekend, when we know from experience not much happens, and since attempts to drain her abdomen have failed up to now, we had little hope for today. But they did their best, sending her for an ultra-sound scan, to look for the best place to make an incision. Sadly even this didn't work, so she still looks very pregnant. She is now on morphine, and some sort of drug to stop her worrying - thanks, psychologist!

I'm sure they will solve the bloating problem - it took a few days last year, and that was in a surgical ward - but it can't happen soon enough for me, or the patient. She will have a knockout drop tonight, so should sleep a bit more. Her new room-mate, a lady of 54, is obviously well-known to the staff, and we wonder if she has a brain tumour, as she really is out of it, sleeps a lot, clearly not at all affected by these Anglais jabbering away in the next bed! You can always find someone worse off than you.

I visit tomorrow, but unless there is some turnaround will not bore you with all the same dreary stuff. Hopefully Monday more resources will be brought to bear!

Missing Termietermite
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: