Club Arnage
May 10, 2024, 05:37:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kangoroo TV - Experiences and opinions  (Read 9495 times)
KangarooTV

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 11:11:22 pm »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your feedback, some points regarding your comments below...

Signal
I'm surprised to hear coverage at BN was not good. Also we've had people tell us they recieved excellent coverage at Tetre Rouge while others claim there was virtually no signal at all. Something we will have to look into next year.

Timing
We rely on a third party to suplly us with a timing feed. Clearly it did not work out. In F1 our timing is provided directly from FOM and is incredibly accurate...so much so that every F1 team has units in their garage. We will definately be asking the ACO to provide us with a direct timing feed moving forward.

Onboards
We are trying to get more on board camera feeds for next year...this year the ACO only gave us access to 8.

Returning the unit
The kiosk behind Grandstand 23 got slammed with returns. It was our first time having a kiosk at this location so we did not know what to expect and staffed it the same as our paddock kiosk. We know for next year this kiosk will need double the staff to handle returns. As Bas mentioned it should only be a 10 second job. Also we are discussing with the ACO to have several more distribution points throughout the circuit next year to make pickup and return that much easier. 

Dukla - "Remain to be convinced myself" - 8 out of 9 people on this thread said they would use it again...with only one on the fence...don't you think you should try something before you knock it Wink

Cheers
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 06:40:30 am »

Hi KangorooTV,

thanks for dealing with our opinions and taking part in the discussion in this forum. I can confirm that returning the unit in your paddock kiosk was a ten second job, very easy.

As to the reception on BN: This is a large field and reception seemend to depend on where exactly you camped. I was in area D - where it was quiete poor.

Cheers

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: