Club Arnage
June 03, 2024, 02:36:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TT tragedy  (Read 7759 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 04:51:03 pm »

slightly disappointed that there appears to be implied criticism of certain members posts.

I'm sorry and disappointed you feel that way.

[/quote]

Personally I don't think sarcasm is a suitable idiom for this thread.

Whenever a tradegy occurs somewhere in the world, or a person of note dies, there are often obituary threads on CA. They are some of the most beautiful and moving things you can read on here. These threads almost always have annecdotes, reflections and asides in addition to the offers of condolence. It is the way of Club Arnage.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 04:55:46 pm »

slightly disappointed that there appears to be implied criticism of certain members posts.

I'm sorry and disappointed you feel that way.

Personally I don't think sarcasm is a suitable idiom for this thread.

Whenever a tradegy occurs somewhere in the world, or a person of note dies, there are often obituary threads on CA. They are some of the most beautiful and moving things you can read on here. These threads almost always have annecdotes, reflections and asides in addition to the offers of condolence. It is the way of Club Arnage.
[/quote]

I was not being sarcastic Andy, I was genuinely sorry that you felt that I was being critical
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2007, 05:06:13 pm »

Fair enough mate, no hard feelings. It was just your suggestion that some people were on a "soapbox", which is not normally a good thing; I took that to be unmerited criticism of the comments in the thread. Sorry.

monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007, 05:10:17 pm »

Fair enough mate, no hard feelings. It was just your suggestion that some people were on a "soapbox", which is not normally a good thing; I took that to be unmerited criticism of the comments in the thread. Sorry.

You should try not to be so sensitive Andy.

No hard feelings here either. Who know perhaps we will bump into each other at Le Sarthe later in the week.
  Grin
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 06:17:43 pm »

Thanks for getting my back Andy, appreciate it.
My apologies if it appeared I was on a "soapbox"  I didn't realize this was purley a condolances only thread.  Safety and the TT always inspire some lively discussion and, being a fan of the bikers, I thought I would chime in.
Fax
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2007, 04:43:30 am »

Thank you Monkey.  This thread was startred as a place for us simply to express condolences.
But we always digress and we all have our opinions.

I feel sorry for the people involved and also follow the senitments that it will be a struggle for the TT to keep going. Once a large bike firm remove their bikes from entering, it may start the decline.

People pass away each day.
A Police man died today doing his job, but we havent offered any sorrow for that.

Lets enjoy people giving their opinions in which ever way they digress.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 12:17:22 pm »

Thank you Robbo, well said from a bloke who understands what CA is all about.

Monkey, I don't think I was being especially sensitive, I simply failed to realise that this was a "condolences only" thread, mainly because there was absolutely nothing to suggest that that is what it should be, and I was therefore disappointed with the apparent rebuke of the other posters who went beyond condolences (and I don't mean just Fax).

monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 01:36:20 pm »

Thank you Robbo, well said from a bloke who understands what CA is all about.

The implication being that I don't Andy is that it?
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2007, 12:20:47 pm »

OK, having been away for a few days I return to see this thread has turned into a bit of a spat.

It is true that there was no 'direction' given in the title of this thread to say that all contributions MUST be limited to expressions of condolence.  However I had hoped that sentiment would have been pretty clear from the the first entry I made.

Some of the comments made by various contributors I do agree with but I wouldn't have expected to read them here - a different thread perhaps?

Anyway, I really do NOT want to add fuel to this particular fire.

My intentions for the thread weren't clear so thank you all for contributions made to date (even the ones I wasn't expecting).

Let's wrap this up with me offering again, on behalf of all CA members and contributors, our condolences to all involved.
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2007, 06:29:35 pm »

yes, I'll second that.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: