Club Arnage
May 08, 2024, 01:28:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RFID & Privacy  (Read 2573 times)
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2003, 10:07:49 am »

Very unlike me, but a serious topic.

RFID - A VERY serious threat to privacy that is in the shops and spreading FAST.

The Register - Article on RFID  Please read carefully and all the way through.

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2003, 02:42:14 pm »

Very sobering article, is it just paranoid old me, or are the men in grey suits getting the kit to make our Big Brother nightmares come true?  Sad Sad
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2003, 03:49:34 pm »

Even better is that The Register is not some alarmist paraniod publication, but a respected and well read IT magazine!!!

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2003, 07:57:58 pm »

Hi Mark  

The Big Brother thingy!!,...... has been going on since credit cards were first issued.

I went on a course ,where the lecturer told us that when Barclaycard was first issued.
Our government was insistant that a fourth track on the magnetic strip was added so that they could check on the public's spending.
That is why.Each month they can quote exact figures on the public sector spending.

So......guys we have been watched ..............since the seventies................even on those brown A4 envelopes that used to arrive in the post each month!!!!!!!

Wishy
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2003, 05:20:25 pm »

Chill out guys , thats an american site with american ideas . Oh yes and i am aware Asda are owned by walmart and it also involves Tesco's who together are the two biggest supermarket chains , but this is good old blighty .

Tony cant even deal with simple problems like people claiming benefits and still earning £20 k a year at another job . ( i know its a car site and this is political but read it anyway ).

There is something called RIPA , which the Police use for observations and generally doing things quietly .The sort of things that the piece talks about would need The home secreataries authority on an indiviadual basis . That isnt going to happen .

remember Human Rights - Sherry Blairs little baby  , it goes against that in many ways . Right to privacy - WHOOPS . The right to freedom of movent - WHOOPS .

If in doubt VOTE them out . ( Labout that is ) Huh

If it did come in and laws were changed , speeders would be faulked , I would be banned before i ever got out of my road .

RFID - No thanks !
 Angry Angry Angry Angry

Take life by the horns and live it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: