Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 04:38:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Termietermite  (Read 59568 times)
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2011, 10:16:01 am »

Best wishes from oop north Deb.

Si

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 11:16:02 am »

Well, CA still does what it says on the tin, I see! Thanks for all the warm messages on here. Briefly, last Thursday Deb had been to see her surgeon at LM hospital, who had "signed her off" as being beyond further maintenance! This means she will not benefit from any more surgery until she has a new knee - which he says will be after he has retired! This helps the insurers to close the matter, so any compensation may become payable this year, we now think.

On arriving home, she was in her wheelchair, and bent forward to pick something off the floor, when something abdominal went "pop", and she started to feel bloated. We saw the doc that afternoon, who prescribed anti-bloat, as well as other things to stop Deb throwing up, which she had done in the surgery! [I was ready with a poly-bag, natch.] Over the weekend things did not improve, so yesterday we got the doc in here, and she prescribed a trip to hospital. This required a proper ambulance - most "ambulances" in France are just saloon cars - so Deb could be horizontal, quite important when you suddenly feel & look preggers! Deb has now rung a couple of times, is still in effect in A&E, but has been given food (could she eat at last?) and the surmise to date is that there is an infection, possibly of the liver, but clearly they do not envisage early surgery, hence the food.

As I've posted elsewhere, the most bizarre part of all this was early Monday, when I went to the loo in the night, Deb was using her commode - and asked me whether she was on tablets, as she'd found some on her bed, and she felt strangely bloated. She had no recollection whatever of the previous 4 days' events, didn't know what day it was, and couldn't remember 5 minutes later that I'd said it was Monday. You all know how bright she is - probably a bit brighter than me, I often think - so my jaw dropped a bit! We have agreed I will not visit just yet - and we have a man coming to measure up for a stair-lift today, and another chap ditto tomorrow, so those are important "steps" too! More anon.

Missing Termietermite
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2011, 12:28:20 pm »

Wish her the best Ian, hang in there.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2011, 01:05:13 pm »

So sorry to hear about Deb's continued troubles.

Wishing her a speedy recovery and very best wishes for you both.

F
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2011, 01:51:21 pm »

Hi Ian
Thanks for the update, Give her a big CA get well for me.
Stay well and look after yourself.
I dont like the sound of the short term memory loss, It is just like what my father has just started to show signs of.
Thinking of you both
Andy

Andy
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2011, 03:25:29 pm »

I hear through a roundabout route that Deb is unwell.
Seems that what she called a "bug" after race weekend is more serious and she's in hospital.
I know that many of us would like to pass our best wishes on to her.

Thanks for letting us know, Kpy

@Deb: All the best - I hope this gets sorted soon

Best

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2011, 03:49:35 pm »

Get well soon Deb.  Ian - you make sure you look after yourself as well - times like these often lead to people who want to look after the sick pushing themselves too hard - which just causes more issues! 

Without wishing to speculate - it sounds very similar to the water infections that my grandparents had.  At one point, he didn't know who I was!  Once the infection was cleared, he was back to his lucid (and cheeky self) so keep your pecker up - I'm sure they'll get it sorted.

In the meantime, please do send her our love. 

Perhaps someone could set up a message book and put all the messages into a card for her or something?

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2011, 04:38:42 pm »

Get well soon Deb.  Ian - you make sure you look after yourself as well - times like these often lead to people who want to look after the sick pushing themselves too hard - which just causes more issues! 

Without wishing to speculate - it sounds very similar to the water infections that my grandparents had.  At one point, he didn't know who I was!  Once the infection was cleared, he was back to his lucid (and cheeky self) so keep your pecker up - I'm sure they'll get it sorted.

In the meantime, please do send her our love. 

Perhaps someone could set up a message book and put all the messages into a card for her or something?

Brad, same with my grandad when he had a serious bladder infection! I watched the 1996 League Cup final with him from his hospital bed in Birmingham. Villa, of course, beat Leeds 3-0. As the final whistle blew, the old boy promptly started demanding that the nurses bring him Brian Little (the then Villa manager) immdiately. "Get me Brian Little! Get me Brian Little!" over and over again. He simply couldn't understand why the victorious Little wasn't able to attend his bedside.

He had terrible bowel trouble, and even though he was a stickler for Fibogel - The Bowel Regulator, a duodenal ulcer eventually did for him (grandad that is, not Brian Little, sh*t results did for him).

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2011, 05:08:32 pm »

Get well soon,Deb.

Your Friends
Turn 10 Sebring

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
nickliv

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2011, 05:33:40 pm »

Hey there Debs, you've cheated worse, kick its arse.

If I had all the money I've ever spent on drink, I think on balance, I'd probably spend it on drink.
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2011, 05:38:02 pm »

Brad, same with my grandad when he had a serious bladder infection! I watched the 1996 League Cup final with him from his hospital bed in Birmingham. Villa, of course, beat Leeds 3-0. As the final whistle blew, the old boy promptly started demanding that the nurses bring him Brian Little (the then Villa manager) immdiately. "Get me Brian Little! Get me Brian Little!" over and over again. He simply couldn't understand why the victorious Little wasn't able to attend his bedside.

He was not alone Mr Z, as a leeds fan I was stuck at the old Wembley surrounded by villa supports all chanting the same  Angry

Ian, thanks for the up date.

Jules
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2011, 05:42:46 pm »

Hi Debs and Ian, sorry to hear about the probs you are having, but as above you have got through a lot worse.

Take care both and Debs make sure you listen to the doctors.

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2011, 06:41:16 pm »

Get well soon Deb, we've still got some Sebring silliness left unfinished Cheesy
Fax
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2011, 10:15:02 pm »

get well soon debs

Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2011, 10:26:26 pm »

Deb spent some hours with a tube up her nose, down her throat to her tum, to release gas. She rang me a couple of times, and it doesn't do much for your voice! Later this afternoon she had a scan. As a result, she's spending the night in the Gynaecology Department, with every likelihood that she will shortly be dispensing with some bits she never had any use for anyway.... Doh!

Missing Termietermite
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: