Club Arnage
May 17, 2024, 06:15:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travel arrangements  (Read 7589 times)
Queen Vic of the Melans
CA Veteran

Vicky

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2009, 10:36:53 pm »

Anyone got any ideas?  Looks like I've missed the cheap ferry deals this year.  I've worked out that it'll be £142 each to get the ferry from Portsmouth to Le Harve and then petrol on top.  I'm considering flying to Paris and then getting the train to Le Mans.  Flight is about £120 and then I'm not sure about the train fare as SNCF (la gare) only show fares 90 days in advance... 

I'm just wondering if anyone has done the fly - train thing before?  Any ideas/advice/recommendations appreciated. Vx
Queen Vic of the Melans
CA Veteran

Vicky

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 10:45:28 pm »

Thinking out Wednesday night/Thursday morn and back Sunday night/Monday...  Just considering our options at the moment.

PS, hope you're well FS!x
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 12:27:49 am »

Queen Vic, how many of you are there in the car?

Give me a call tomorrow if you have five minutes to chat things through!  Smiley
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 08:22:37 am »

I'm on the Pompey/Cherbourg ferry on Weds morning, will be leaving Chandlers Ford around 06:30

Returning Monday morning back in to Poole around lunchtime.

Have spare seat & space in the car/MPV

I think that an extra passenger is £38

Let me know if you're interested.

Paul
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 08:24:42 am by landman » Logged

Crouch..........bind..........set
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 08:54:07 am »

Long way round I know, but Seafrance wanted £38 for a return Dover/Calais last friday.
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 12:54:47 pm »

Anyone got any ideas?  Looks like I've missed the cheap ferry deals this year.  I've worked out that it'll be £142 each to get the ferry from Portsmouth to Le Harve and then petrol on top.  I'm considering flying to Paris and then getting the train to Le Mans.  Flight is about £120 and then I'm not sure about the train fare as SNCF (la gare) only show fares 90 days in advance... 

I'm just wondering if anyone has done the fly - train thing before?  Any ideas/advice/recommendations appreciated. Vx

I have done the fly-train thing 3 times now.

By far the best way to do it is fly into Charles De Gaulle and catch the TGV from there straight to Le Mans then get the tram up to the circuit. It could'nt be easier and the airport may be big but it is pretty simple to get around and obviously your train tickets can be bought in advance so you dont even need to speak french  Tongue

I cant remember any prices off the top of my head but it aint even that expensive.

I had hoped to do the drive myself this year but the way the work situation is right now flying down wednesday or thursday and home monday is looking more likely.

Mike

They have lumps of what round the back???
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 01:18:31 pm »

I'm bound to ask, why not train the whole way?  St Pancras, change at Lille.  Job done. Smiley
This is what we do - albeit in reverse.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 01:26:21 pm »

Train the whole way?  I saw the state of some of these after an hour on the "Party Bus" I can't begin to imagine how they would be after 5/6 hours on a train Shocked

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 01:30:49 pm »

Train the whole way?  I saw the state of some of these after an hour on the "Party Bus" I can't begin to imagine how they would be after 5/6 hours on a train Shocked
There's that... Grin

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 06:14:25 pm »

You Bloody liar Underwood - You couldn't see in a straight line either after an hour on that bus - I blame Steve Zarse......

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Queen Vic of the Melans
CA Veteran

Vicky

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 07:18:49 pm »

Thanks for the info!  Grin

Mike, how long do you think the journey took you in total and do you know how much (roughly) the train costs from CDG?

Landman, you have PM

Mark, two of us travelling, will call you over the weekend...  just finished work...

Termietermite, great idea...  It's just getting into London plus the cost of the Eurostar.  Cost just into London for us will be £35-£55 each...  Oh and Bob is right we wouldn't be able to get off the train at LM!
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 07:57:25 pm »

This year I flew from Leeds to CDG & then TGV to LM. Flying time 1 hour & then 2 hours in TGV bar with Lord Steve  Grin.

TGV cost me £60 return from CDG to LM this year. Return price is made up of two single journeys, TGV don't do return tickets.
Journey is approx 1 3/4 hours from TGV. Train times never seem to change form year to year.

Oh!, and yes we got off the train.

Ade

Le Mans - the how you get there is not quite as important as being there.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2009, 10:00:07 pm »

Just to reinforce what Ade said - plane/train combo is excellent if you've got someone to take a tent for you.
Best bit is, as Ade said, planes and trains are cheap and have bars.
Job done!

Steve

PS Ade, how are you doing fella?

I tested negative for patience.
mackteck

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 03:45:04 pm »

I was thinking of going this way too - last couple of years we flew int Beauvais with Ryanair and rented a car, this year someone dented the bonnet on the car with a rock or something, luckily I didn't get charged by the rental co., but decided to investigate other options, plus, if I'm not driving back to Beauvais on Sunday I can drink beers Cheesy
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 04:50:27 pm »

Thanks for the info!  Grin

Mike, how long do you think the journey took you in total and do you know how much (roughly) the train costs from CDG?

Exactly what AJW and Lord Steve said  Grin

The best way I have found is defo flying into CDG and catch the TGV all the way to Le Mans.

At the moment our plans are out thursday morning,home monday morning

Mike

They have lumps of what round the back???
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: