Club Arnage
May 02, 2024, 02:37:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back in Blighty.  (Read 21388 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 03:11:16 pm »

Flamin nora Steve, Shocked

As previous said, hope your son makes a full recovery. Glad to see help was on hand both for you and yr lad.

Andy Z - no issues with Wishy, just checked with my lot who were camped with him.

best wishes,
Jules

Thanks Jules, glad to hear Wishy was okay.

Andy told me it was Wishy on the boat home, but that was probably the old "send four and six, we're going to a dance" routine. It must have been Steve's lad...

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
NorwayNick

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 03:48:39 pm »

well im back in Norway now, but not with everything i set out with, the Audi is still in Germany where it had a major malfunction.
Arrived a few days later than planned but was never going to give up on getting there. Had a fantastic time with the return of a full contingent of Liverpool boys, Stu,Mr Kerr and the 2 virgins Glen and John but not John (Roar)

Have to thank Roar for being a fantastic companion while braking down in Germany never got stressed and kept me saine Grin

will post the full Norse Saga when i get the time to write it
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 04:59:03 pm »

Thanks for all your replies and wishes guys. Jonathan is getting checked out on Thursday and I'll let you know if we find out more. I'm hoping it's been a one-off incident but it was very very scary at the time.
Thanks again

Steve

I tested negative for patience.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 06:02:05 pm »

Hi All,

Arrived home safely at around 11:15 last night after queuing for an hour to get off the ferry.

Had a really good time, apart from feeling crap for the first 3 days...I guess I can no longer cope with sleep depravation and trying to be a "Beer Monster" as in previous years...Oh and forgetting to take my nightime medication on a couple of occasions brought on by drinking a tad more than I should have. Grin Grin

Thanks for the concern everybody, but now having had some sleep I feel much better than I did.

It was nice to see a few of our fellow members .....but I just did not feel well enough to visit BN over the week...so sorry to those of you who I missed,but hopefully will catch up with some of you in September at Silverstone.

And Steve I hope your lad is feeling a bit better than when I saw him!!!!
Queen Vic of the Melans
CA Veteran

Vicky

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 06:24:38 pm »

Anyone know if Doris got off OK? 

Steve, sorry to hear about your son being taken ill, hope it was a one off and he's ok.

Thanks to everyone again for making it another great year...  Especially The Brethren and Zarses.  Shame I didn't get to see more of DFH and some others...  Steve Brown?  Nopanic?  Wishy?  Did we meet through the course of the weekend?

Hope everyone had a good trip back.  I'm already thinking about next year, although I'm hoping that it doesn't fly by as quickly as the my time in France this year.  I can't actually believe it's all over again for another year.

QVx

Maximum

Mad Max DFH

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 06:26:17 pm »

Hi ,

Steve, hope your son wil recover soon.

Thanks all on BN for the party on friday.( Brethren / Werner )

Neil, Thanks for the F1 on telly sundaynight.

Mayby till Spa otherwise see you all next year again.

Hope to see more groups on MB then.

Live life to the Max
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 10:06:13 pm »

Yea we are back

Got back at 11.00pm after stopping at Ikea, Birmingham, to use their nice fresh clean bogs and eat some meatballs. But as the resturant is closed for 6 wks, we decided to to a Le Mans special and cook SPAM sandwiches in their car park  Grin

So after 1200 round trip in my monster, it was faultless, went really well (except up some big long hills) and a bit thirsty (20mpg  Lips Sealed ). Its now safe on the drive done this afternoon as only have 4-6in either side when going past the chimney stack).

A big thanks to everyone, for being so great and welcoming my son (Sam) into the mad house of LM. To many to list and it would be rude to miss a name , so BIG thanks to ALL.

And sorry for missing meeting up with other people, time hust seem to runaway

Also big thanks for the other dutch guy on the camp pitch down from the DFH group who set up my SAT box up in 5mins, when Sam and me had spent over an hour - really goes to show must RTFM next time.

So a big CHEERS to all. How long till next year?

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 10:22:16 pm »

How long till next year?

Too long for those that were at home Angry

Neil I'll pop round and pick the gear up tomorrow if that's OK and collect the deposit money for next year;)
Bentley boy
CA Veteran

A quoi bon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2011, 11:19:04 pm »

As many others have said Steve I hope all is ok with your son.

I have to say a big thanks to Bob U for collecting my camping pass, The Le Mans zone guys for such great hospitality over the weekend & of course the Brethren for the entertainment Friday night into saturday morning.

All in all another great weekend at the best event in the world  Smiley
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2011, 11:29:36 pm »

If anyone finds my memory can they let me know please?

Last seen Friday night/Saturday morning at The Brethren party.

We arrived already a little worse for wear after an afternoon watching the Driver's Parade & then a steak frites washed down with red wine.

I remember taking the chilli challenge & the hiccoughs afterwards.  Various people slapped me [hard!] on the back and I believe that Andy supplied milk to try & help.

God only knows when I left & how I found my way back to my tent.

Rather surprisingly I didn't feel too bad in the morning.

Still, that all pails in to insignificance against the news of Steve's son.  Can I add my best wishes for a speedy diagnosis/recovery & hope that the experience hasn't put him off.

Thanks to everyone I met.  It was a shame that we were stuck some distance away and that we weren't able to be a sociable as last year.  Well there's always 2012 I guess?

Big thanks to Barry who got me in to all of this in 2008, and to Andy for knowledge & experience.  Thanks also to my other travelling companions from the UK & Luxembourg - Mr Motivator, Tramboy, Seasick Steve, BenInLux, Robin Hod.

Paul/Landman

Crouch..........bind..........set
Peaky

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2011, 08:10:12 am »

I would like to echo Landmans post, with my best wishes for Steve and his son.

A massive thanks to everyone for being so friendly and hospitable again this year. First time I've met the Liverpool Boys who showed a spirit of generous hospitality (hic), DfH and The Brethren (great tunes Rusty). I never did find out who you were "holding that beer" for Lawnmowerman  Grin

Shame I didnt catch up with Bob U and Snoring Rhino more – I meant to.

This all wouldnt have happened for me (again) if it wasnt for Landman. Thank you.

Big thank yous to Barry and Andy for their hospitality and kindness, Robin Hod for getting me up into Trib 34 for the first time (oxygen and crampons req), Seasick Steve for the lift on the UK leg, LuxExPat for being very generous and satisfying my whisky craving, and BenInLux for a great chilli and a highly entertaining lift back from Pistonheads on Friday afternoon.

The contrast with last year racewise couldnt be more pronounced, which made it even more fascinating.

"I am an artist. The track is my canvas, and the car is my brush..." Graham Hill
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2011, 06:05:32 pm »

Glad to hear everyone got back in one piece, - we even made it back with some oil in the sump!

Thanks to The Brethren for Friday night, - although we didn't get there till about 2 or 3 am, after a long and vigorous session on the Nigerian in the Village. Everyone was looking a bit worse for wear, which was just as well, as we were also down to the canvas. Great work from Doris, getting to her local race again. It was daylight when we got back to our tent, - sadly no milkman to greet though.

Bumped into Steve B in a bar behind the paddock on Friday afternoon (as we were on our way to Nigerian oblivion), and he looked very comfortable, like he'd been sitting there for about 11 months. Also chatted to two immaculately turned out blue alien ladies, and I was surprised to see them again later at the Brethrens, - I have to say it looked as if there might have been a few errors in the transporters software, - they looked as if they hadn't beamed down in quite the same condition I'd seen them in earlier.

Once again it was tempus fugit, - it was great to bump into those we did, and sadly missed those we didn't.

Steve, - that's a horror story, I hope the boy's ok.

If anyone came down via the tunnel, a guy was taking photos of every british car on Thursday and Friday, and his gallery is here:
http://www.net-carpictures.com/portail/
We made pic no 770 out of 787!
H

* P1000442r.jpg (147.06 KB, 1154x833 - viewed 323 times.)

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2011, 06:47:35 pm »

I never saw you H, I had no idea you were even there, though clearly I was as I'm (obviously) right there in your photo.

The lad on the right catching Canary Hand is, i think, BobU's son and it looks as if he's trying to mimic his old man's friday night behaviour some years ago.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 06:49:40 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2011, 07:02:00 pm »

Well, as I say, it was getting a little late. In fact, I think I too must have been beamed down incorrectly as Tom the Lawnmower asked me several times who I was. That's Little H you're chatting to.

Here's another pic, it reminds me somehow of Stanley Kubricks work, I can just hear Thus Spake Zarathustra....

H

* P1000446r.jpg (112.56 KB, 1000x1026 - viewed 379 times.)

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2011, 07:43:58 pm »

Anyone know if Doris got off OK? 

She did, just chatted with her on fb, waiting for the final flight in the return trip. Not to happy the bars not open, at 5.30 am local time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: