Club Arnage
May 10, 2024, 05:12:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whoops Serious Foul Up  (Read 4391 times)
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2015, 09:38:13 pm »

I have managed to cock up in big style and somehow book 3 Expo parking passes instead of camping passes.

Anyone got any bright ideas for finding 3 camping passes at this late stage?  Or does anyone know any local campsites that might have space?
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 11:52:14 pm »

I might consider some 'stealth camping'. I did below-the-radar camping in parking bleu for several years in the 1990's
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 12:17:31 am »

Indeed my first time was by stealth in Parking Vert

The little tent sat on the verge at the back worked for me and my mate

The humungeous ants kept us out of the tent for much of the time though  Sad

We seemed to be the only ones who found them though, everyone else was a happy camper

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 10:16:28 am »

Hi!

Provided that you arrive before Friday, you should get onto Arnage - lots of people just turn up there. Bikes to get in are useful if you end up there.

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 11:29:22 am »

I have managed to cock up in big style and somehow book 3 Expo parking passes instead of camping passes.

Anyone got any bright ideas for finding 3 camping passes at this late stage?  Or does anyone know any local campsites that might have space?

ChrisGr,

How did you get on - was that you I saw sleeping in their car?

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 01:13:17 pm »

Nope wasn't me you saw sleeping in the car!

Having discovered on Tuesday night I had neither camping nor ferry booked I did a bit of research.  Found someone on here with 2 surplus camping tickets for Epinettes so sent them a text.  Whilst waiting for a response looked at other options including municipal campsites in the area.

Booked a later ferry for the Wednesday and decided to aim to get to Dover for 8am, with a ferry at 10.15am to give a couple of hours to make calls etc.  As it happens on the drive to Dover I received a text from the member here advising they still had the Epinettes tickets, so agreed to buy them off them for the price they paid, and meet them at Maison Blanche to collect them.

Those plans worked, so we ended up in Epinettes with 2 camping passes for 4 cars, however we had 3 car parking spaces in Expo and one in Rotunde, so basically ferried people and luggage from Expo to Epinettes and vice versa.

On the plus side it meant that on Sunday morning we packed up and moved all cars to the parking areas, so had a quick get away after the race!

I did also receive emails from the municipal campsites I contacted confirming that they had availability over the Le Mans weekend, one was at Econommy and one was at La Suze sur la Sarthe.  Not ideal but not an outrageous distance away.

The rest of my party did not take the piss about the organisational foul up too much, presumably on the basis that they don't want responsibility for organising the tickets!  First time in 20 yrs I have fouled up the tickets!
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 01:58:09 pm »

"I love it when a plan comes together..."

Even if by luck and with greatly expressive distress  Wink

Glad you got sorted

Funny how a disaster never gets volunteers to be IT instead

Smiley

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 03:17:20 pm »

It certainly looked like there were spaces on BN all weekend. I wonder who's allocation wasn't fully taken up?

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 03:20:59 pm »

Great story Chris! If you had had some sort of Commercial-car based camper van, albeit ancient, one would have comfortably stopped in Expo Parking for the week and acted like it's what you intended all along.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: