Club Arnage
May 10, 2024, 07:19:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: why are brits no good at sport?  (Read 8098 times)
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2004, 02:41:38 pm »

As you can see, I'm having a bad day...

Looks like both of us are then......

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
bird
CA Veteran

neeeeeeeow!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2004, 02:46:52 pm »

Bird, what the f**ck!  The guy has finished in the top twenty in the ATP season rankings for seven years in a row and has eleven career singles titles....and he's an embarassment to your country?  Sounds like your the one who's the embarassment.
John

I am an embarassment, if my antics at the poo bar were anything to go on.  Grin But then I'm not paid to be a professional sportsmen, I perform for free. Maybe I am the fool after all.

Henman's still a load of bum, I don't care what you think to be honest, but you're obviously entitled to your opinion.

Kiss

A ferrari can't run on glue
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2004, 04:07:01 pm »

If you thought our sportspersons were crap, then what about our commentators and pundits? I hate Motty, he's a dull boring fart. Peirce is an over exitable kiddy, James Allen is a weak-voiced wet blanket and as for Big Ron Atkinson....

If you want to hear what Big Ron said that was so terrible as to have him sacked forthwith, then click the link below. Or copy and paste or something. BTW I take no responsibility for any offence caused etc, write to Ron not to me.  Shocked Sad

http://www.randomisgood.com/bigron.mp3

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2004, 05:05:57 pm »

Now that's defeatist - us Brits are NOT defeatist are we?  Shocked

SteveZarse
CA Veteran

Probably the best llama in the world

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2004, 05:51:40 pm »

Now that's defeatist - us Brits are NOT defeatist are we?  Shocked

No way! It's just realism - we must all have our hopes pinned on something, it's just finding something that's not doomed to failure from the outset! Like the commer getting us to LeMans and back next year...

TEAM ZARSE - It's our pleasure!
Russ
CA Veteran

I think this is yours...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2004, 06:41:14 pm »

The tabloids build them up, so they can knock them down... it's only to sell more copies to the gullable.

People who are into their sport know that us Brits do pretty well. It's only the media who portray a great achievement such as coming 2nd as a failure. The tabloids come out with crushing headlines just to sell copies, and the TV channels come up with "It's been reported today..." just to repeat the tabloid headlines for sensationalism. Are we Losers? Yes, in the sense that we haven't won. But it's a juvenile attack to claim that 2nd place is a failure. And it's a juvenile response to take on the opinions of irresponsible journalists.

If we've lost to 4th place and come 5th, does that mean that whoever came 6th, lost to us, making us winners?  Huh

.. and whilst we're there... when you purchase your second stamp, are you creating your stamp collection, or adding to it? (Somewhat out of context I know...)  Huh

But is the sport thing fun... well we know how dull it is when the same team wins every single race  Wink ... so at least we can say British sport is more interesting... can't we??

Fred Dibnah Memorial
Gland in the hand worth two in a Bush Tour 2007
Fax
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2004, 07:17:50 pm »

What can I say, Roddick and Williams are just embarassment's to our country......Err, not really.
Actually Amercian sporting fans are quite proud of them thank you.
John
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: