Club Arnage
May 10, 2024, 08:41:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whos going to Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta ?  (Read 10567 times)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2003, 06:55:50 pm »

Ok, whos going to Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta then ? Pidge, Canada Phil ? Anyone else.

If so, any idea on your plans yet. Camping or hotel !

I plan on travelling there straight off the back of a week in Texas so will be flying in to Atlanta , but not sure if it will be on the thursday or the friday. Would like to make it thursday so that I can watch all fridays events, but this means an extra days car  hire and an extra night in a hotel to pay for.

All this is subject to booking my flights hopefully next week though
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2003, 08:05:35 pm »

Oh Dear, touchy subject this, Chris.
Dave, Fax and I had this one nailed on - and then my dear mother decided she was going to visit us here in the States - guess when.....
We have toyed with the idea of dragging her along, but she's not really interested. (she lives a mere 50 miles south of Le Mans and she ain't been there on race weekend either).
Being the loyal and thoughtful sons that we are, we have decided to forego the Petit this year. It's a shame because this is definately the best sportscar race (for spectators) on the calendar, but she is our mum and she's coming a long way to see us.
Canada Phil is a regular (not sure about Pidge). Fax will probably be there too.
It's a fantastic race at a superb venue and you'll definately have a blast.
Have a great time Chris. By the way, are you doing Sebring again next year?
Matt

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Pidgeon
CA Veteran

I'm a Sebringllama

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2003, 09:14:13 pm »

Wink Smiley Tongue   I am waiting for the mailman to deliver two 4 day passes to the track and 1 'B section' camping pass.
    I expect to be up there on the 15th and stay thru Saturday to leave Sunday and head back to Miami.
     Dave and Matt .... Take your Mom to the Atlanta Underground and then steal away each day.
     The Moose tells me he has day and date problems also and may not make it.
     Chris .... You're welcome to stay at our camp when you get there. I'll have a new 6 man tent. Breakfast will be served as usual. It'll save you a hotel expense.
      It will be good to see FAX again. We all will have to close in on where we will meet. ............Pidge

ChrisConsidine
Club Arnage Administrator
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2003, 09:34:27 pm »

Our fearless leader will be there.

Chris Considine
CXC Simulations
www.cxcsimulations.com
Fax
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2003, 09:51:42 pm »

Hmm...
This one's a bit up in the air for me.  It really would not be the same without Dave & Matt, but it is a great event.  Been giving some thought to driving down then heading over to Augusta (home of The Masters for all you gophers) to visit little sis and her family for a few days.  It'll probably be a gametime decision.
Fax
ChrisConsidine
Club Arnage Administrator
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2003, 10:04:59 pm »

I just read my own post, you guys know I meant Dave right?  I'm not the leader just the follower/designer.

Chris Considine
CXC Simulations
www.cxcsimulations.com
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2003, 11:00:31 pm »

It's okay Chris, your modesty preceeds you.  Wink

Steve East Anglian cobras

Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2003, 02:18:20 am »

Wink Smiley Tongue  
     Chris .... You're welcome to stay at our camp when you get there. I'll have a new 6 man tent. Breakfast will be served as usual. It'll save you a hotel expense.
      It will be good to see FAX again. We all will have to close in on where we will meet. ............Pidge

Pidge,
Thanks for the offer, I just might take you up on it. My trip I am planning is a week staying with a friend in Texas and taking in the IRL and WoO races at TMS, then a few days around Texas then flying in to Atlanta early Thursday morning and spending the day at a few Atlanta area locations. AMS and Stone Mountain perhaps. Then arrive at the track for Friday and Saturday, flying home on the Sunday.
I am trying to do the trip as cheap as possible, as the flight is quite expensive and then theres at least 4 lots of race tickets to buy. And two lots of car rental to pay for.
So the offer of camping with you sounds good to me as it would save me around $120.
What would I need, just a sleeping bag and pillow.

Also I have a question. My dad maybe  coming with me to Texas but returning home straight from Atlanta on the Thursday.  If we arrived in Atlanta early morning and his connecting flight was later that evening and his bags are checked straight through to the next flight. Would he be able to leave the airport with me to visit the local area attractions and then return later in time for his flight, or must he stay in the airport ?
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2003, 05:33:24 am »

Hi Chris, As pidge has already pointed out I am having a bit of trouble with the date this year for Petite.
It is a great venue and well worth a visit.
Your Dad does not have to remin at teh airport during a stop over. I suggest he ask at Texas check in if they can do his boarding pass fro atlanta as well this will save him lining up again for a boarding pass.
Canada Phil
PS I have not given up yet just does not look good.
Pidgeon
CA Veteran

I'm a Sebringllama

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2003, 12:08:27 am »

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2003, 12:15:48 am »

Has it got crap acceleration?

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
IanB
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2003, 06:45:26 pm »

You've got to be flush to buy this one
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2003, 01:01:08 am »

If we arrived in Atlanta early morning and his connecting flight was later that evening and his bags are checked straight through to the next flight. Would he be able to leave the airport with me to visit the local area attractions and then return later in time for his flight, or must he stay in the airport ?

Chris:
Sadly I live at Hartsfield Airport given that I fly just about every day of the week and because I use Delta so much, I frequently connect in Atlanta.

The answer to your question is yes - your old man can leave the terminal as long as he has his ticket/boarding pass for the UK flight.  All he'll need to do is go back through the metal detectors (and obviously show his ticket to do that).

As far as local attractions in Atlanta, I'm not sure what you're thinking - the track is a good 1 1/2 hours north of the airport and downtown is not one of the most exciting in the US (vs. NY, or the West Coast).

Let me know if I can be of any more help.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2003, 04:25:49 am »

Dave H,

I had in mind a trip down to Atlanta Motor Speedway, which I figure is about 30 miles from the airport ? Do a track tour, then head back up, and time permitting a quick trip to Stone Mountain and then back to the airport to drop my dad off. We arive at Atlanta at 11.10 am and his flight leaves at 20.20. So does this itinery look do able to you, with your local knowledge of the roads and traffic etc.
Thanks
Chris
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2003, 04:26:53 am »

I guess riding that vehicle must scare the crap out of you ! I like it .
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: