Club Arnage
May 10, 2024, 03:06:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whos going to Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta ?  (Read 10561 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2003, 10:32:25 am »

Is there much paperwork when you own one of them?
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2003, 04:40:25 pm »

Is this the bog-standard model?

Chris:
You should be Ok with the 8+ hours you're dealing with in Atlanta.  Stone Mountain is on the way to the University of Georgia - about an hour East of downtown.  My only caution is that you won't be driving back on highway and when you do get closer to downtown, traffic from 5-6:30 p.m. can be very bad, both north and southbound through the city and I suspect that's when you'd be heading in.  Have never been to the speedway, so can't tell you much on that.
Just rember, it's the security lines that kill you at that time of day.  I'd be in the security line no later than 7 p.m., so work backwards from there.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2003, 04:42:14 pm »

Pidge, or anyone else for that matter. Whats the deal with this Camping B pass that you have for Road Atlanta. Is it the same as a camping pass at Le Mans where you have to have a pass for the vehicle, but from there you can pitch what ever you want.

I am asking because I know that you are putting me up in your 6 man tent for the trip, but as I am arriving seperately in my own vehicle, will I be able to get onto the camp area or will I need my own camping B ticket to drive in there even though I am not pitching my own tent.
Can I walk onto camping B without a pass, because I may have to park outside the circuit and walk across with my suitcase and stuff and then leave them in your vehicle.

Hows the deal with camping work at Road Atlanta. Seems to be a different set up than at Sebring.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2003, 04:23:59 am »

Hi Chris, Free parking only outside the track, a long walk to the sites. You should buy an infield parking pass. $25 last year this will allow you to camp any where there is space and to park. Pidge will have a specific space allocated to his pass so once he gives you the number you will be able to find it , if you ever figure out where the numbers are Roll Eyes
Canada Phil
Fax
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2003, 04:32:28 am »

Hi Chris,
Infield camping B is along the inside of the backstraight at Road Atlanta.  Your best bet would be to go ahead and purchase an infield parking pass and pick it up at the will-call booth on the way in.  This will guarantee that you will have access by car to the infield portion of the circut.  If you park on the outside and lug your stuff in, your looking at a fairly significant hike (with a couple of insanely steep hills). You should be able to park your car somewhere near Camping B.  You won't need a pass to enter Camping B, just to park there.  A infield parking pass is good for the weekend.  As I said, your best bet is to purchase the tickets and infield parking pass in advance then pick them up at will-call (near the main entrance to RA).
Fax
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2003, 04:35:59 am »

Hi Chris, As nobody else has answered your Atlanta Speedway question. I think it is a little further than you suggest. Not much to see if the track is closed which I suspect it will be. Nothing worthwhile in the area unlike Daytona. Great to watch a Race but otherwise a wasted trip IMO. Will be interested to hear what Stoned Mountain is like Roll Eyes
Canada Phil
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2003, 01:59:14 pm »

I guess that depends on what you want to see ! I have been to several tracks with nothing on, just to have a look to see what the place is like. Guess motorsport really is running through my veins. LOL.
 Dad went to look at North Wilkesborough on his last trip. Its a crying shame that that place  isn't being used for anything.

Anyway, they run track tours at Atlanta that run every 30 minutes, so will take the tour when we get there.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2003, 11:11:36 pm »

.... I have been to several tracks with nothing on....

I'm sure there's a joke there somewhere but I'm buggered if I can see it...
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2003, 12:36:10 am »

Hope you can't see it then Smokie...........wouldn't like to see you buggered!!!   Lips Sealed
Pidgeon
CA Veteran

I'm a Sebringllama

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2003, 06:12:24 pm »

I just looked at my 'camping ticket' and although I ordered camping B my ticket  reads 'Infield Camping' with no designation for the area or a specific space.  I will assume it's going to be like Sebring ....1st come ... 1st served for the space.
     The infield camping ticket and the infield parking ticket are both marked $25.00. Huh

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: