Club Arnage
May 20, 2024, 10:24:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TGV to Le Mans  (Read 15766 times)
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2003, 06:19:09 pm »

Brian - thanks! How do you get onto the site on the Sun evening? I thought it didn't open till Mon am? Did you do this last year? If so how much extra did they charge?

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2003, 08:48:17 pm »

Mr Toad,Last year we arrived on the Monday, but a lot of people already on MB, outside there was a lot of cars and vans waiting to get onto the site, as the stewards did not have the tickets for the extra 10 euros per night surcharge for arrivals before Wednesday.we got on by parking on the gate and refusing to move after a while they took us through to a holding area awaiting the ticket guy. After a good while we all agreed to drive through onto the site, one of the stewards stated that he would have done the same thing as us he even apoligised for the long wait.
The ticket guys arrived some 90 mins later trying to remember what cars had driven through. He remembered us as we had blocked the gate, so we did cop for the extra 10 euros per night.
We observed the delivery of your camper last year as we where camped just across the way, the guy even washed it down before leaving.
Take care.
Brian.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2003, 09:09:41 pm »

Brian

Nice one! Were you down the hard track towards the Pope mobile/toilet block then? Is that your favourite spot given you must have had the whole site to choose from? We felt really lucky to end up where we were, so hope we might get that spot again....as long as you don't fancy it as well!!! See you there, and the chance of a trip to Carrefour very much appreciated! Toad

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2003, 12:09:35 am »

Just FYI our "spot" is behind the toilet block on a little triangle of grass with Powermite & co, gab and ummmm....<straining for the names, help me gab>....an English couple who live en France.
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2003, 07:18:29 am »

... Powermite & co, gab and ummmm....<straining for the names, help me gab>....an English couple who live en France.

That would be the Winnebago with Charles and Nancy.
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2003, 06:44:01 pm »

Smokie - were you next to the mains power hook up/taps then? I saw some people celebrating Xmas there - was that you? I also recall I kind Essex gent called Keith who was the official MB tap splitter for multiple on/off water feeds! Small world...Toady

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2003, 08:14:57 pm »

That was Powermite and crew, in the Winnebago. My caravan was directly in front of them (between them and the bogs).

GAB's camper was between the Powermite Winnebago and Charles and Nancy's. The small tents scattered in between were my group. There was a (Renault?) camper on the outer edge (trackside) which was Mrs Doubtfire (one of the PM group)

Small world indeed  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 09, 2003, 08:17:20 pm by smokie » Logged
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2003, 09:12:56 pm »

Small world indeed  Smiley

Ironic that , this being a Le Mans fan based website and you seeing each other near a tap....

when you are all in Huge motorhomes in a top campsite . Wink Wink Wink

Take life by the horns and live it.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2003, 10:30:56 pm »

...even the Shytehouse Family have a motorhome of sorts on Maison Blanche ya know...
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2003, 06:55:31 pm »

Whilst we are in the realm of camping, (coincidentally at Le Mans) I assume you managed to get a cable into that power outlet behind the bogs? I've got 100m of 16 amp cable, french connectors and  pre wired splitter, so I'm hopeful I might persuade you guys over a glass of beer or a few, to let me have a bit of that juice next year! It's tough keeping our champagne cold on the generator alone!!

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2003, 10:01:22 pm »

We don't own it ya know!

There are 6 or 8 outlets on one pylon I think, and later in the week (Tuesday IIRC) they come along with a second pylon. They look like the proverbial spaghetti tree by about Wednesday.

I have a standard French 2 way adaptor so if anyone beats me to it they might notice an interruption to their service...

Are you parked trackside? If so you might need to do something about taping the lead down to the road so it doesn't catch up in my wheels  Smiley

You are welcome to hook up with us, in more ways than one.
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2003, 07:50:07 pm »

Smokie - good call re: some tough tape. I'll speak with our team's HR director - I feel a new job spec coming on to handle this:

Job title: "Keeper of the Cable"
Reports to: God of Power (that's you)
Grade: Junior management
Benefits: Beer and tented accomodation
Key skills: Diplomacy (when we get cut off), able to wire a plug, knowledge of camper van fuseboxes helpful, some first aid experience, handy with a water pistol
Salary: nil, in fact there is a charge for the priveledge
Start date: fixed contract, June 2004

I've got a French plug wired with two female French sockets coming of it (impressive eh?) so hope we should be okay!

I'm getting worryingly excited about the detail already. Off for another cold shower. Toad.

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2003, 07:27:25 am »

Hi Smokie, Well done! You managed to get GAB to break cover. Hoping for a repeat in 2004
Canada Phil
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2003, 10:22:38 pm »

Not only that Phil, but I just got back from a weekend in rainy and cold Munich with Mrs smokie and one of the smokettes, and Mark and his herd.

gab hosted us wonderfully, taking Friday off work for a quic city tour, which set us up just right for yesterday and today.

Anyway, Toad - Mark and I now have provisional travel plans which are similar to last year - early-ish (10am) crossing from Dover on the Sunday before, drive to Gace for a last bit of overnight luxury in a moderately priced hotel, then arrive on MB before lunchtime Monday. Will be booking it shortly (if the price is right). If it doesn't change the cost I will book 4 people...otherwise if you decide to come with us we'll need to change the booking later.
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2003, 07:56:39 am »

Hey Moose,

I tried really hard to stay undercover because Smokie and Co. visited Munich this past weekend and as Smokie did in Sebring, he brought the rain and bad weather with him Wink
Just kidding, it was my pleasure to see Smokie (otherwise known in Munich as "Napolean") and Mark again and to meet their families. Sorry again about the sh*t weather.
Phil, look forward to seeing you and the rest of the W.A.N.K.E.R.s in June, understand that we are now halfway till race weekend, yahoo!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: