Club Arnage
May 03, 2024, 09:32:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TGV to Le Mans  (Read 15563 times)
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2003, 06:14:58 pm »

Smokie - I'm dead keen to hook up with you if I can - your route and plan sound ideal. Question is can you accommodate 2 bodies, with absolutely minimal luggage -  ie self & Mr Disco? (we are only needing outbound transport)

Mr Disco is off doing his final commercial pilots stuff at present, but he's due to surface in the next week and if there is an option here I can get this sorted and get you a cheque. Let me know if this is practical, but either way, thanks very much for the offer.

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2003, 06:42:46 pm »

Yes, shouldn't be a problem - 3.0 Omega, two up with caravan so it's a bit slow moving...but plenty of space in car. (2 smokers btw...)

The hotel on the Sunday would probably cost about £35 if you want single rooms, less if you share.

We won't be leaving Wokingham, TOO early, but I'd really like to not have to go out of my way too much, what with the caravan etc...

However, there is a small chance that another mate will be travelling with us, in which case space would be a bit tight. He is supposed to be deciding in the next week or so.

Some help with the fuel and ferry costs wouldn't go amiss... Wink - we can work something out I'm sure
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2003, 08:22:28 pm »

Smokie

I'm going to fly to H/Row (can get the 06.40 if need be)and Mr Disco lives in Surbiton, so could meet at end of M4/M25. Happy to help with all costs. Let us know once your numbers go firm - I think we would squash in, but it's a while since I've been in the back of an Omega towing a caravan. I'll track Mr Disco down in the meantime and check if he has any thoughts.

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2003, 12:30:24 am »

Smokie

I'm going to fly to H/Row (can get the 06.40 if need be)and Mr Disco lives in Surbiton, so could meet at end of M4/M25. Happy to help with all costs. Let us know once your numbers go firm - I think we would squash in, but it's a while since I've been in the back of an Omega towing a caravan. I'll track Mr Disco down in the meantime and check if he has any thoughts.

According to Mr Jez clarkson " The Omega is sumptious inside "

No probs

Take life by the horns and live it.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2003, 01:00:11 am »

I'll vouch for that. We took five down in my Omega Elite a couple of years back without any problems. We may not have been towing a caravan but we are not petite members of the human race by any means!
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2003, 06:09:34 pm »

Omega Elite? - did it have blue flashing lights on the roof?!

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2003, 11:13:51 pm »

Omega Elite? - did it have blue flashing lights on the roof?!

No No No No !!!!!

Unfortunately it did have go faster stripes down one side, from where one of our group (now lovingly known as "Pitbull") was sick out of the passenger window before we'd even made it out of the gates of the docks in France. I guess finding him asleep on the car deck should have been a bit of a giveaway??  Undecided

It now belongs to another one of our Le Mans group, although he is more selective on who he lets inside!!   Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: