Club Arnage
May 22, 2024, 01:02:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I the only one?  (Read 18959 times)
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2005, 09:13:28 pm »

This coming Monday, we will have our first meeting in the pub. The Le Mans virgins will be initiated by Father Time and King Neptune... Oh no wrong celebration, hmm..
We expect about nine of us this year, for some of whom camping will be a serious culture shock, so it will be "out with the pictures from earlier times" and nudges from one of us if anyone looks as if he hasn't got the stamina for gently boozing for the full time...
Deciding who takes what and whether to "Carrefour" before getting in to HA or going after building the campsite and gazebos!
Three carloads of us hitting HA on Wednesday evening and the rest on Thursday.

Bill

Cool

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2005, 09:55:05 pm »

Damn - all these planning meetings n practice booze ups!! Any of them in Manchester by any chance?  Smiley or have i got to practice on my own this time?

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2005, 09:59:17 pm »

Just come down to Spa for the weekend, Fran.
You get to see the cars too Shocked

Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2005, 10:07:09 pm »

Group planning meeting set for tomorrow night Smiley

Can you include your friends in France ?

Just mailed you kpy - sorry it took so long!

You would be welcome... Smiley
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2005, 12:10:20 am »

Damn - all these planning meetings n practice booze ups!! Any of them in Manchester by any chance?  Smiley or have i got to practice on my own this time?

Sorry Fran, the only other regular I'm aware of from Manchester was Paula, but she moved to NZ!!  Cry
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2005, 12:16:34 am »

Sorry Fran, the only other regular I'm aware of from Manchester was Paula, but she moved to NZ!!  Cry

I travel to Manchester on business every month or so, so does that count?

Steve East Anglian cobras

tink
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2005, 12:27:51 am »

whilst most of you are at work im spending a lot of my time revising for exams (honestly!), but i have been procrastinating a hell of a lot. spending too much time browsing these forums and now i cant wait to go either!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2005, 12:42:59 am »

Lets face it, there isn't a day that goes by during the year when we don't have at least one Le Mans thought or reminiscence. Particularly when planning for a group of 20+!! Even when we were at Sebring, and we had a fantastic time, thoughts were still creeping in about what ideas we could take from there and incorporate into our Le Mans plans.

But at this time of the year it's hard to think of anything else. Have we got a big enough van, how many packets of English bacon will we need, is the gazebo fire proof if Stu does his fire eating trick, how to convince the missus that I need to go to PQ's the weekend before I leave for the race proper, how many planning sessions can we squeeze in between now and the 12th June.

I'm getting at least 5 phone calls a day from other members of our group about plans too so it's not just a CA thing!!

Not long now!!!!!
Ballast
CA Veteran

DON'T PANIC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2005, 10:22:41 am »

I'm at work making stuff to take Wih us to Le Mans. Shower tray, toilet stands etc ..... Beats doing work!  Grin

I cant wait!!!!!!!!!

There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2005, 10:58:04 am »

So we in our office are normal then.  There's 3 of us go from the office and basically it seems that we talk LM at least once a day.

Looking at this forum is mandatory at least twice a day.

Ferries paid for, camp sites were booked with Just Tickets on the Monday after last years race.

Planning meeting will take place at Chester Races 5 May !

Jem
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2005, 11:52:23 am »

Ya lucky bugga Jem - all my work colleagues talk about is Coronation Street and footy..... every now n then they will mention the F1 in a deeply misguided attempt to humour my love of cars and motor racing ...  Roll Eyes

and Steve, coming to Manc for work once a month doesnt count unless you go to a pub and talk about planning your next LM trip and get all sentimental going on about previous trips!  (btw, in the pic -  is that another of the flags/roadsigns that go missing whenever CA'ers are around?)

F

PS.  oops - i seem to have wandered into the forums during working hours again!  Embarrassed
stuey
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2005, 01:02:56 pm »

Only One? I think not.

Everything booked at last. Finally got round to booking the hotel for the Sunday night this morning.

So its:
Folkestone Wednesday night
Eurotunnel at crack of sparrows fart Thursday
Houx by mid afternoon Thursday (in time for some qualifying)
Friday pit lane walkabout, and drive mulsanne etc. Never tried the driver's parade may give it a go this year. Any advice, is it worth the effort?
Sunday leave after the race and drive to Bernay, Hotel Acrapole, (not a-crap-hole) , basic hotel but very welcome shower and great food.
Monday - back home and start the wait for another year!

Now where did I leave the tent?

Huh

Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2005, 01:28:27 pm »

Stuey,
Watch out for the scuffers just before you get into Bernay - that's where they got me last year.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
stuey
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2005, 01:36:53 pm »

Stuey,
Watch out for the scuffers just before you get into Bernay - that's where they got me last year.

Thanks for that.

It seems to be a favourite spot for them. They have used it for at least the last 3 years, revenue must be good in June!!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2005, 02:06:54 pm »

Have you noticed that the number of members on line at any one time is starting to increase too.

10 Members and 11 Guests as I type this!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: