Club Arnage
May 04, 2024, 05:02:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: big smash?  (Read 3848 times)
JezThain
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2003, 08:37:56 am »

Just got back early hours this morning after the best one yet!

Whilst travelling back yesterday our party saw the aftermath of what appeared to be a very big 'off' by a British car about 160k's south of Calais. Looked like someone had hit the central reservation, then careered off through the barrier into a field! All we could make out was a blue front bumper/bodywork with a UK plate on it and a load of camping gear next to the road! Does anyone know what happened or if whoever were involved were OK?
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 09:04:52 am »

This must have been fairly late afternoon then as I didn't see anything. I got to Calais about 3.30 (well Carrefour at Cite Europe to be precise as booze just had to be bought!) so must have been about 160kms south about 2pm.

Sounds like a nasty one.
JezThain
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 09:24:31 am »

Hi,

we were on the road about 3 hours behind you and it looked as if it had crashed within the hour as we passed, there were still police and a fire crew there. Hope whoever it was managed to get out, it certainally sobered the mood in our car!
Bluebottle
CA Veteran

Ooooh, Sausinges!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2003, 01:28:10 pm »

We saw that, I saw the bags and thought it must have been a bike, untill I saw the bumper. My wife noticed some damage on the back of a van in the coned-off area.
I hope everyone involved is ok- it could have been any one of us!
24hourman
CA Veteran

Racing is life everything else is just waiting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 04:30:45 pm »

I must say that I saw the aftermath of that accident I believe it was a caterham from the rear mudguard that I saw  it was obviously a very big accident as the car had hit the central concrete reservation and then bounced back into the armco which was severely smashed I believe there was a truck involved as the rear seemed to be damaged I hope that anyone invoved was okay.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 04:33:55 pm by 24hourman » Logged

Danster
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 05:11:43 pm »

It did look to be a bad one, when we passed the Police didn't look like they had been there long. The skidmarks on the road were strange- like the car (whatever it was) had slewed across the road. The white van had damage to the front and rear and there were pieces of the car all over the place- it certainly made me slow down for the remainder of the trip. One of the guys in the car with me reckoned it was either a Lotus or a Ferrari because he saw a yellow badge on a section of bodywork....
Supraboy
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2003, 06:13:03 pm »

i thought the spoiler was black, at looked BMW or Mecedes ish, they were being treaty on the other side of the barrier, lying on the floor. it did look a big drop on the other side of the barrier.

There were skid marks so no ABS possibly, although it was most likely sideways on for most of it.

I'll email the ACO.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: