Club Arnage
May 21, 2024, 06:06:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ALL MAJOR CAMPSITES CLOSED FOR 2008  (Read 18443 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 08:33:18 pm »

.... seriously expecting not to be at Le Mans this year.

I'm sure there will be many of us that feel the same, but at the end of the day, it's our loss, not theirs. I bet they don't make a lot on the camping anyway.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 08:49:46 pm »

.... seriously expecting not to be at Le Mans this year.

I'm sure there will be many of us that feel the same, but at the end of the day, it's our loss, not theirs. I bet they don't make a lot on the camping anyway.

I agree with smokie on this, it puts me off as well, the way they treat people, but in the end we will have to make due with what we can get!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 08:53:25 pm »

Indeed, agree. Let's build together a hospitality unit on Bleu Nord that will make Ron Dennis frown his eyebrows! Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
nickliv
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 08:53:44 pm »

When I was out at Arnage in 06, the field behind the spectator area (which I believe is the campsite) was sparsely occupied at best.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2008, 09:07:29 pm »

Forgive me if I wrong but at present it seems that Lorry and Paddy have been bounced over to Blue (its OK SPS were there last year) and Bob has been told (by a girl in brooken english) that all orders recieved before 3rd June have been ignored and Termies bookings have no yet been inviced?Huh?  Looking on the optimistic side, maybe the ACO bint got it wrong  - or just a bitch, why would they ingore HA orders, there is not a problem up there (yet). As for the rest of the sites, Dont they always show being full at this time of year? Everyone calm down, dont panic untill we get the facts.
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2008, 10:17:34 pm »

Forgive me if I wrong but at present it seems that Lorry and Paddy have been bounced over to Blue (its OK SPS were there last year) and Bob has been told (by a girl in brooken english) that all orders recieved before 3rd June have been ignored and Termies bookings have no yet been inviced?Huh?  Looking on the optimistic side, maybe the ACO bint got it wrong  - or just a bitch, why would they ingore HA orders, there is not a problem up there (yet). As for the rest of the sites, Dont they always show being full at this time of year? Everyone calm down, dont panic untill we get the facts.
Well that's a bit my take on this whole mess as well.
Although I appreciate Paddy's worries and immense responsibility for such a large group, I do think that it is too soon to panic. Who knows what we will be allocated other than BN and what alternatives we might come-up with.

However if it has to be BN for DFH than I'd gladly assist in helping you guys out with organising some facilities locally if needed.

Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2008, 10:33:29 pm »

By the way, who was on bleu nord last year, give us a headsup about bogs and showers, are there any? And if so, how many? There is some confusion as to the availabilty of these creature comforts!

We have been on Bleu Nord for the last 7 years or so, and its our favoured camping area. Its a 5 minute walk to the main entrance, a few minutes to Maison Blanche. There is a shower / toliet block in the centre of the site. Well a double portacabin job anyway, and also the same by the drive in entrance just off the little road that runs beside the rear airport fence. So toilets are just as plentiful as on MB, but no trees to pop into though. There are stand pipes for water near the toilets in the middle and at the front of Bleu parking near the food outlets opposite MB.

One tip is to set up if possible at the bottom of one of the legs where you don't get much passing traffic only traffic for those camping down there. If you are next to the main access road through the site, then it will get very dusty if dry. The closer to the fence between Camping and the parking area the better.

A word of advice though, the Pikies arrive within an hour of the end of the race so make sure you have someone around the camp site after the race to watch the gear.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2008, 01:52:05 am »

Chris - we tried to spur off the watre last year and it became a heated argument, eventually we were allowed to fill up our motorhome tanks and take from that.

anyone else who uses lots of watre and is moved over should take some form of water container that only requires filling at night day by day.

Take life by the horns and live it.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2008, 11:45:53 am »

I've stayed out of this thus far because it does seem pointless to panic.  Yes, MB is now half the size because of the new karting track being built and the expansion of gravel traps so that the Bugatti circuit complies with the Moto GP regs.  I guess we'll end up on whichever site we put as a second choice if we don't get in.  Whatever happens, we'll have a good time, we always do - we'll make of it what we can, the race is about the cars and the company, not which site we're on.

Last year I booked on the same day (Friday of pre-quali) and my letter allocating me my campsite was dated 22nd January.  I did a mini survey and the allocations were sent out in date order, according to when they were booked, and it was pretty consistent, minus one or two lost forms.  Those who'd been booking direct for 15 years or more got theirs first.  4th Jan seems a bit early to start throwing all our toys out of the pram to me.  Personally, I'll happily kip on the bank at Mulsanne in a bivvie if necessary.  Where there's a will....

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2008, 11:31:56 pm »

Well well- what fun and games Roll Eyes

It may be too late for this year but is it not time to try and find an alternative? Why await our fate at the hands of the ACO?
 I think it is time to try and find a private spot, near the circuit, that can be booked for our private party year after year. It would stop all the yobbo footie bullshit, pikey thieving and the ACOs lottery once and for all. There must be somewhere that we can adopt as our own hallowed ground?

Something to think about!

Oh-Happy new year all Wink Wink

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2008, 11:56:03 pm »

However if it has to be BN for DFH than I'd gladly assist in helping you guys out with organising some facilities locally if needed.

I will gladly accept any help offered. Things are slowly starting to sink in, and I think we're in deeper sh*t than anticipated at first.
It almost kills me to say this, but if things are not going to work out the way we want it, we'll call the Friday Night Party off (and the Tuesday Rock Revival). Equimpent that is lent or hired for black money is not insured - like the large speakers and Truss system last year. Too much at stake, too much to loose.

I see lots of people saying I shouldn't panic. I'm NOT panicing, but facing reality. And it looks f*cking ugly Angry

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2008, 12:26:45 am »

I see lots of people saying I shouldn't panic. I'm NOT panicing, but facing reality. And it looks f*cking ugly Angry

In fairness, the DfH situation is very different to most people (pretty much everyone) simply because of the scale of their set up - so it is much more of a problem for you. 

I have been bumped to various sites over the years and had a good time wherever I went.   

F
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2008, 01:23:57 am »

Although I am only a recent member to CA, I have participated regularly in the discussion threads.

Regarding the current 'ticket allocation' problem and the constant ACO maladies that have existed over the last 15 years to my knowledge. I can only see one remedy that would suit CA, DfH and all our other associated groups.

But first, we all raise money for various charities and my thoughts are for all the groups to form a common Trust. By doing this and raising money we may be able buy a field nearby for our annual jaunt(s). The ownership will be owned by the Trust. The proceeds of final sale to be proportional to a clubs donation.

An annual income may be possible from renting the field out to a local farmer with provisos of dates the field is cleared.
We would also need 'permission for change of use' etc to allow camping. There will also be local taxes but expect the rentee to pay those.

It's not such a bad idea when you consider land prices and the amounts we have raised for good causes in the last 12 months.

'Self Leasing' of 'pitches' to members to camp at say £10.00 per visit (week) etc, we can fund sanitation, water suply and power to a higher standard than most campsites at LM. Believe me, I'm an Engineer

It will also allow us charging for entry raising more funds.

In respect of 'parties', I dare say that if the 'neighbours' were invited, there wouldn't be a masive problem.

I know it's too late for this year but......................

Just a thought.............................

« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 01:40:36 am by Leftie » Logged

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2008, 01:41:09 am »

A little background, without trying to be a party-pooper.

A couple of years back one of our then-local members started to organise a field for us to hire somewhere by the Porsche curves (under the bridge). There were plans for sanitation, shuttle service etc etc. I even visited the field with him.

At that time (and of course times are different now, with CA even more established but a potential problem in the making) there was not enough interest to follow the idea through. People wanted to stay on their regular sites, and be close to the action.

Also, while we have a very solid and loyal core of regulars, many of our members do not venture into the forum until the weather starts to warm, by when it's all too late to get organised. I doubt we'd have the committed numbers to consider buying a field, and equipping as required.

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2008, 01:03:10 pm »

Hmm, this doesn't look good.

Clearly we'll have to wait and see what drops through doors over the next month or so.   DFH is a totally different ball game to the rest of us and I can see why Paddy etc. would be very worried.  On MB we know that you can tap into permanent water, we know that there is a source of power and we know the layout.  The unknowns of shipping out to a different site are pretty big and if you add in the security problem of being "outside the fence" then it's all a pain in the arse when the trip is something that we all do for fun. 

For us, we're not hugely bothered about being camped with others, we quite like our own time and space and if we're separate can go and join the party when we fancy.  It's also key for us to be as close as we can be to the village and the media centre so we (KK) aren't dragging kit back and forwards all of the time.    Whereas for the guys who camp as bigger groups and share facilities etc. between them not knowing how and where people are going to be is a problem. 

The idea of buying a field scares me slightly, but that's probably the reason why I'm not rich!   Hiring is a better option but potentially leaves us with the uncertainty year on year of what might be available to us.   Does anyone have the time and skills to look into this?

I dunno about it all really, I do find all of the uncertainty frustrating.......

Fingers crossed that it works out for everyone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: