Club Arnage
May 13, 2024, 09:30:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petit Le Mans?  (Read 22241 times)
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2006, 01:37:12 pm »

Who's going?  Phil?  Fax?  Turn 10 crew?

:raiseshand:

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 05:58:35 pm »

Fax is looking a bit doubtful this year - which is a real shame, because I know he really likes this one. He's job-hunting presently, so funds are an issue. I dunno if you are driving down from Ohio, Chop, but if you had a spare seat, I'd help out with gas money for him - I owe him a few favors. Just a thought...
Dave H and Ricardo will be driving down from Indiana, but Dave only has two seats in his new rocket.
I'm driving up from FL - and I'm pretty sure that Randy and a couple of Turn 10 oppo's are doing the same, so there will be a few of us there.
Judging by yesterday's race in Canada, it will be a great race. The Dyson Lola's late charge really shows that they can keep up with the R10 and then some, on a technical course. Audi won the Mosport ALMS round on pit strategy, not all-out speed. Excellent and well-deserved win by Prodrive in GT1 too, so probably a bit of grudge racing from Pratt & Miller to look forward to - and that Rizzi Ferrari taking GT2 was very welcome too.
Let's hear an at-track critique from Canada Phil. I know he was there - Speed Channel showed him quite clearly, twice.
See you there.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Fax
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 06:13:59 pm »

Afternoon Guys,
I'm not going to be able to do the Petit this year.  As Matt said, currently unemployed and a trip south for the weekend wouldn't be very responsible.  The AMA Superbike final is at Mid-Ohio the same weekend so I may head up to Mid-Ohio for a day instead.  I can afford a daytrip in Ohio but not a weekend in Georgia sadly.
Have fun down south ya'all.
Fax
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 06:20:44 pm »

Hey Fax - if you can get down to Road Atlanta, we'll take care of the rest - it's not like you haven't helped me out a few times.
I dunno if Chop can step-up to the plate - but if so, you gotta do it, bro.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Fax
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 06:31:46 pm »

Matt, I'd love to, haven't seen you and Dave all summer and it would be great to catch up with Richard.  Its one of my favorite races of the year.  But as I said earlier, I decided to put off the job search until after Labor Day and kinda screwed myself when it comes to Road Atlanta.
Make sure you guys get your passes, and most importantly infield parking passes pre-ordered.  You don't want to have to park outside the circuit and walk in carrying coolers.  Those hills on the way in are a bitch carrying a bunch of stuff.
Fax
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 06:47:00 pm »

Unfortunately I won't be able to give Fax a lift as I'm flying.  Obviously I'd be more than happy to if that wasn't the case.  If ticket prices continue the way they're going, I might be driving to Seb****, in which case - game on.   Grin

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Fax
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 12:58:35 am »

Nah guys, would love to go but, I'll be fine without it.  As I said in a previous post, the cars have all but lost me. For me the bikes are where its at now.  If I went it would be to see the boys (Matt, Dave, Ricardo, Phil, Chop, Randy, etc.)  Doing the experienced rider school at Mid-Ohio this weekend with a friend, thats going to eat some dosh as well.  See you at Sebring in March.
Fax
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 02:47:00 pm »

Nah guys, would love to go but, I'll be fine without it.  As I said in a previous post, the cars have all but lost me. For me the bikes are where its at now.  If I went it would be to see the boys (Matt, Dave, Ricardo, Phil, Chop, Randy, etc.)  Doing the experienced rider school at Mid-Ohio this weekend with a friend, thats going to eat some dosh as well.  See you at Sebring in March.
Fax
See you there, Fax.  Then we can have a humdinger of an argument about cars v bikes. Grin

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 03:59:04 pm »

Fax

WIKKID!!! I am planning to do a track day on my R1 on the bugatti (24 hr moto/ moto gp) circuit at LM next year.. only 30euro per day!! Cool Cool Cool

Andy Grin

amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 04:11:40 pm »

Hey Fax - if you can get down to Road Atlanta, we'll take care of the rest - it's not like you haven't helped me out a few times.
I dunno if Chop can step-up to the plate - but if so, you gotta do it, bro.

I am with Matt on this one John.I will be glad to pack some extra lunch meat and BEERS.Let us know how we can help persuade you.Lets see,how bout FREE BEER!

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
rcutler
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 04:16:42 pm »

FREE BEER!

I am on my way! ....

Just kidding but see you in March
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 04:19:05 pm »

FREE BEER!

I am on my way! ....

Just kidding but see you in March

Lush ! Grin

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Fax
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 05:10:17 pm »

Termie, not a fan of the bikers?  I've enjoyed both the cars & bikes over the years, but really struggling to stay interested in the cars these days.  Still love the history of the sport and willing to talk about it for hours.  Single seater racing in my opinion is a laughing joke and watching another Audi parade is boring me out of my skull.  At least the Vette's and Aston's are putting on a good show.  Fagey, a track day at the Sarthe would be very cool, taking the ZX up to Mid-Ohio Thursday, going to try and keep the feet on the pegs.  Randy those are my favorite two words...FREE BEER! Cheesy
Fax
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2006, 05:16:04 pm »

Termie, not a fan of the bikers?
Fax
Erm, think I said bikes, not bikers! Presume they come in all different shapes, sizes and tempraments like most other groups of people.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Fax
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2006, 05:22:35 pm »

Yep, I stand corrected, bikes, not bikers. Wink
Valentino Rossi forever, Michael Schumacher...Please fall off the face of the planet.
Fax
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: