Club Arnage
May 13, 2024, 08:46:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petit Le Mans?  (Read 22238 times)
wadespeed1

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2006, 02:18:00 am »

We did have a close call in the paddock area shortly after our time with Team Creation. We couldn't have been more than five feet from the opening of the tent when an older man came up behind us an told us the were closing the pits and it was time to leave. We started back towards the main entrance and briefly distracted by Team Penske. We couldn't stopped for more than 30 seconds when the man came up behind us again. He was obviously irritated and said some less than kind words. Unfortunately, we responded with something to the effect of "easy man, we're leaving". Despite the fact that similar responses have worked well since 1978, he was having none of it. He yelled " zero tolerance", picked up his cell phone, and started calling for the Georgia State Police. Either he was bluffing, or years of experience allowed us to fade into the night. I still don't know how we managed to stay throughout the event. I witnessed one security discussion involving six guys standing by the intersection over by the Esses (I think five is the limit) and was told of one others involving music and 100's at AMA event weeks before.

The good news is that we still managed a good time. The ration of avoided trouble to actual trouble is still quite high. Even better news is that the NC crowd now has a camp name. It's a long story, but you should look us up at "Mr. Rogers Neighborhood" at selected events next year.

ricardo_T
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2006, 01:26:14 pm »

Back safely in the UK after my first visit to the Petit. What a circuit! The vantage points at Road Atlanta are incredible, and it's possibly the most time I have spent watching the action on the track in the many, many years I have been going to Le Mans! Stunning.

Cheers to Dave and Matt for making this event such a blast, and for Seth for making sure our glasses were never empty. It was also a little bizarre to be sat in the Georgia sun with a cold Guinness (carefully poured by our man-servant Seth) and hearing our old Geordie friend Hindy blasting from the PA.

Also a big thanks to Dave for letting me hammer is C6 'Vette through most of Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee and Georgia (and doing it all again on the return trip). We avoided the police radar and got the fuel consumption into single figures on many occassions.

Definitely on my race calendar for next year!

I had the pleasure of meeting Randy for a short while and was warned about some of his tall stories. Nothing could be further from the truth.....

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: