Club Arnage
May 07, 2024, 04:56:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petit Le Mans?  (Read 22197 times)
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2006, 04:58:48 am »

What a BLINDER of a weekend!
Fantastic weather.  One or two pints of Guinness.

Fantastic drive down and back thanks to RicardoT's very heavy right foot.

Thanks Rich and Matt for the brilliant company - and Seth for being our man servant.

Randy - your "little" secret's safe with us.

Couple of pics I snapped with a disposable camera....

Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2006, 05:45:49 am »

A few more shots....

Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2006, 01:13:52 pm »

Top quality shots!
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2006, 02:54:04 pm »

Fun weekend.  I'm sorry I didn't get to meet Dave H and his group.  We stopped by the Turn 10 crew's lair just after the start Saturday and it seemed most others had gone elsewhere to spectate.

A big thank you to Amazing Randy, MiCarr, Jupiter John and the others for their hospitality and willingness to give a brother a beer when he clearly didn't pack enough for his walk around the track.  Can't wait to see you guys in S*****g.

I'm really starting to like Road Atlanta.  I wasn't sold last year but it's really grown on me.  I'd really like to see a night race at Road America.  With the ALMS/Champcar doubleheader in August it will be interesting to see how they schedule it.  That will be a mega weekend, to be sure.

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2006, 03:49:44 pm »

Thanks Dave,it was really not a big thing.

NICE PICS ! Grin

Signed
Randy 'LeMans Day Fag'

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2006, 03:52:59 pm »

Randy, tell me a story!
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2006, 03:58:40 pm »

Oh yeah,I had a GREAT TIME !Bitburgers and Warsteiners,beautiful weather,and good freinds.What could be better?It just lets you now how satisfying the little things can be. Grin

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2006, 04:01:31 pm »

Randy, tell me a story!

F#%& You  Bitch ! Shocked

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Yvonne

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2006, 08:48:25 pm »

Hi,

Great Shots Dave H. Do you have a photo site or something ? I want to see much more of this kind of photos...

Hopefully, you took lot of car #62, the Ferrari driven by S. Ortelli...which crashed after several hours  Embarrassed .
wadespeed1

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2006, 01:56:18 am »

Special thanks go out to Team Creation for their post night practice hospitality. We were allowed into the tent for an up close look at the entry and a few quick questions. You can't imagine how excited we were to see them take pole position Friday. It's a shame that things didn't go well on Saturday. None the less, Team Creation has at least six new fans in North Carolina.

Speaking of the fans , did anyone else encounter the new Road Atlanta "Zero Tolerance" policy?
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2006, 02:44:53 am »

Speaking of the fans , did anyone else encounter the new Road Atlanta "Zero Tolerance" policy?

We encountered the old Road Atlanta "Zero Sobriety" Policy.

Your post suggests you ran into problems.  What happend?
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2006, 08:57:34 am »

We heard of some people being ejected.  One was a guy in a Cobra that spun his tires exiting the tunnel going up the hill towards the exit on Friday evening.  A trooper stopped him at the top of the hill, took his ticket and he was told not to return.  His passenger was made to get out of the car but allowed to stay.

We were told to turn the music down once but it was track security, not the police.

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2006, 09:42:44 pm »

Surely he could have talked his way out of that one, by saying that the car has too much power and a strange clutch and it takes off suddenly so it was accidental. Wink Unless of course he left 100 foot darkies on the road !  Grin
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2006, 10:57:34 pm »

Great weekend at Road Atlanta, as usual. Our drive up to GA was a bit of a pain due to a work diversion to Panama City FL - but once we got to Buford and had sunk a few black beers, it all clicked nicely into place.
We were lugging a significant amount of beer - but had no troubles getting it onto the property and were soon set-up above the esses ready for the start of the race. So agreeable was the view, company and coldness of the Nigerian, we spent the next four hours soaking up the sun and the race. Guy Smith destroyed his ride right in front of us - in fairness it looked like a mechanical that had him smote the outside guard rail at very high speed, which kind of snapped us out of our Guinnes fugg.
A chance meeting with Turn 10's Lee Self, who was on smudger-duty out at the back of the circuit (where Dave H took those bad-ass pix) lead to an amusing and nostalgic discussion about previous editions of the Petit.
We ended up at turns 3/4 where the Amazing if totally bollixed Randy stood bleary-eyed, nursing a pint of rum and coke. Due to his deep inebriation, Randy let slip about a little faux-pas in his past, which we are never going to allow him to forget. Whilst I'm not a huge fan of 'in-jokes' it would be cruel to 'out him' on this forum - but little-by-little, the truth will come out. That's all I'm saying on this small issue.
Congrats to Audi, Zytek, Prodrive and Porsche for putting on such a good show. Pratt & Miller really have their work cut-out now - and that has to be a good thing.
The Petit is a great event at one of the best road courses on America, nay, the world.
Thank you Dave, Richard, Seth, Lee, Randy and the two hilarious rednecks in turn 10 (I have the most terrible notion I gave one of them my business card).
What a weekend!

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2006, 12:42:38 am »

I thought my pic looked familiar.  Although a different shot, there are uncanny similarities between mine taken at the Petit this weekend and the one on the main clubarnage.com homepage.

Mine:

CA homepage:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: