Club Arnage
May 07, 2024, 01:23:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Music!!  (Read 24398 times)
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2007, 06:51:31 pm »

I was just wondering what folks listen to when at home or in the car.

Due to my exhaust noise, can't hear anything in the car, even conversation!!

However, at the mo, I'm listening to Santana 'Moonflower' circa 1977 on the laptop at home. Sh*t, 30 yrs ago.

The CD changer in the BMW has packed up or doesn't like playing 'copies' and I don't want to ruin 'originals' in the car.

Jerry

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 07:06:02 pm »

For about the past 6 months its been Stevie Ray Vaughan. Can't believe I missed him in the past. Probably the best guitarist I've heard.
MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

How f---ing fast was That!!! Time for a Low Flyer!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 07:24:39 pm »

On ths radio in the car Between 6.30am and 7.00pm, sorry but it is Radio 2 (sad Ba---rd). But I don't mine new music some of it is very good, but I can't stand DJ's who love the sound of there own voice and talk complete drival, instead of playing music.If I have the CD on then it is old heavy rock and the like.

Roll on June and the lush grass of BN!!!
rcutler
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 07:28:38 pm »

I have the Radio tuned to Radio 1 for the drives to and from work, I find Chris Moyles and Scotts Mills rather comical and helps me stay awake.

If it is down to CD's then it is either Chris Rea or Faithless. Chris Rea's "This is the Road to Hell" seems rather appropriate when driving to a customer site!  Grin
Newcastle Dave

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 07:55:14 pm »

Just got in from a rapid drive up from Newcastle listening to the Beatles Love album,  Remixed and not original but sounds fantastic!!

garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 08:12:42 pm »

I agree with jjkt15, for spirited driving Santana (greatest hits) hits the button.
Other things I'm listening to at the moment, Al Green (saw him last Thursday at the Royal Albert hall).
But the one I've listened to most this year is KT Tunstall's "Eye to the telescope"

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 08:56:47 pm »

Got one of those new fangled MP3 things so listening to a real mixture of stuff- Beatles, Super Furry Animals, kinks, love, Stone Roses, Patti Smith, New York Dolls, Echo and Bunnymen, Clash, Specials, The La's, Flying Burritto Brothers, Portishead, The Jam, Libertines, John  Mayalls Blues Breakers to name but a few. Just put it on shuffle and crank it up!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
DickieAttwood
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 09:26:07 pm »

Got one of those new fangled MP3 things so listening to a real mixture of stuff- Beatles, Super Furry Animals, kinks, love, Stone Roses, Patti Smith, New York Dolls, Echo and Bunnymen, Clash, Specials, The La's, Flying Burritto Brothers, Portishead, The Jam, Libertines, John  Mayalls Blues Breakers to name but a few. Just put it on shuffle and crank it up!

Nice, that covers 4 decades!

For me it's The Traveling Wilbury's at the moment. Also on the mp3 player is the Eagles, Pat Benatar, The Sweet, Bob Dylan. We always start our journey to LM with 'Living After Midnight' Judas Preist.

D.A.

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money. The sh1t has hit the fan.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 09:44:51 pm »

We always set off to Cat Stevens Lady D'urbanville. Gloomy tune that Brittany Ferries piped into the cabins to get you out of bed a few years ago. It got stuck in our heads that year and there was always someone humming it around camp. It came on the Radio as we pitched up at Donnington last year- the first time we had all been together for over a year- spooky! We took it as a sign and despite its gloomy subject it has become our setting off tune..
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 09:50:06 pm by Dr Sconefinger » Logged

Dick Dasterdly was right
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 09:46:09 pm »

For about the past 6 months its been Stevie Ray Vaughan. Can't believe I missed him in the past. Probably the best guitarist I've heard.

I am also a big SRV fan - after listening to Vinnies Vice at DfH it reminded me what I have been missing and  nudged me to dig out the cds again once I got home!!!

F

P.S.  After I got burgled some years ago and all my music was stolen, it was the SRV collection that got replaced first.....together with a couple of videos too!   I love the vid that goes with Superstitious with Stevie Wonder at the end!!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 09:49:08 pm by Fran » Logged
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2007, 09:51:25 pm »

The La's

LOL - I saw them play many years ago and I gotta say their drummer was one of the funninest things I ever saw on a stage........ put the Muppets Animal in the shade......

F
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2007, 10:05:14 pm »

Have a Digital radio (DAB), what a great thing.

So Home, Radio 7, Radio 2, Radio 5 ( perfect sound on DAB) VirginFM.

Love the old comedy on Radio 7, Hancock, Goons, Dads Army, Old Harrys Game etc

Van -  Anything, but LOUD, as my van has no/cr*p sound proofing.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2007, 10:39:36 pm »

What a surprise, class tastes in music (and comedy)  I shall have to look up Stevie Ray Vaughan, always wondered, but Patti Smith!  Not my choice but one of my friends stalks her, which is always good for a wind up

I've found that Hendrix improves with age, specially Red House.  Start your day with Purple Haze.

Must mention John Mayall, Buddy Whittington IS the finest blues guitarist.

And for comedy, don't forget Derek & Clive

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007, 10:49:47 pm »

LOL - I saw them play many years ago and I gotta say their drummer was one of the funninest things I ever saw on a stage........ put the Muppets Animal in the shade...... F
There's a Le Mans link to the La's, the curly haired one who went on to form Cast had a kinky TR6 and had just got back from LM when I got backstage at the Academy in Man'cr in '98. He was quite a petrolhead.

Dick Dasterdly was right
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007, 11:10:03 pm »

BBC 6 Music at home (coutesy of satellite) plus a bit of Radio 4 (the Archers is a bit addictive).

In the daily car, currently The Who live at the Isle of Wight festival 1970 (turn it up to 11)  Grin

In the cobra (when it's running) 6.6 litres of Pontiac V8 baritone via twin side pieps.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 11:12:22 pm by Steve Brown » Logged

Steve East Anglian cobras

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: