Club Arnage
May 06, 2024, 04:09:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest news and pictures of works  (Read 25163 times)
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivrι? Sϋrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 03:19:37 pm »

Perhaps if Termie is passing the local Mairie at some point should could see if they have them on file .... ?
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 03:23:12 pm »

so I am probably wrong with my drawing Undecided
You are but you do realize that you and Rick for that matter, with his "all major campsites will be closed in 2008" thread, scare the sh*t out of people  Wink

I never said "all major campsites will be closed in 2008", only passed on the email I got from the ACO. Or shouldn't I warn people who have ordered MB tickets for zone A + B?
Thusfar Liverpool Boys, Lorry, Team JPC and DfH have been bounced out of Maison Blanche, and I think many more will follow after the news got out construction works costs 400 camping places on Maison Blanche alone. But apparently that doesn't mean anything

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 04:22:05 pm »

so I am probably wrong with my drawing Undecided
You are but you do realize that you and Rick for that matter, with his "all major campsites will be closed in 2008" thread, scare the sh*t out of people  Wink

I never said "all major campsites will be closed in 2008", only passed on the email I got from the ACO. Or shouldn't I warn people who have ordered MB tickets for zone A + B?
Thusfar Liverpool Boys, Lorry, Team JPC and DfH have been bounced out of Maison Blanche, and I think many more will follow after the news got out construction works costs 400 camping places on Maison Blanche alone. But apparently that doesn't mean anything
Sorry Paddy my bad, I didn't explain it properly   Embarrassed

I meant that you, with your drawing of a track through MB and KN was scaring me (people) just like Rick did a few days earlier with his All Campsites are Closed thread.

Both your track and Rick's assumption about the campsites ultimately were not true but merely jumping to conclusions after (mis)interpreting ACO messages, hence me trying to clarify things.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 04:35:26 pm »

No worries Bas Wink
Maybe I jumped to conclusions too fast (and therefor misinterpeted).
I wondered (and FS too) why the ACO simply doesn't release a drawing of the plans. Speaking of plans, it's typical ACO again to first figure out a plan, then start the work on that plan, only to realize the plan has some consequenses Undecided
I hope as much people as possible will fit onto the booked sites.

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 04:59:50 pm »

I wondered (and FS too) why the ACO simply doesn't release a drawing of the plans. Speaking of plans, it's typical ACO again to first figure out a plan, then start the work on that plan, only to realize the plan has some consequenses Undecided
Now there you have a good point, there surely must be something of a plan or drawing of how the "new" Maison Blanche will look like.
I'll try and e-mail the ACO tonight (NOT the ticket office) and see if they would be prepared to disclose the plans to us or maybe publish them on their website.

What I am worried about are the latest pictures of MB and the message on pistonheads that the whole thing looks like a construction site that probably cannot be repaired before June.
That a lot of space is gone from MB is bad, but if (part of) the remaining space on MB looks like a sandbox that would be even worse.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 05:25:14 pm »

A drawing would be v.helpful - couldn't find anything on the ACO site earlier when I found the news item and current photos.  As to why one might not be avaialble, well, it is the ACO.....  In terms of timescales for work, I imagine that it will be complete - I mean they ran it fairly close to the wire with the Tetre Rouge works a couple of years ago!

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 05:47:12 pm »

The FAQ in the French section of the ACO site contains a few more titbits and the rationale behind a lot of the works.  Includes comments about the state of sanitary facilities and improvements to them (one intepretation is that the 4 blocks to be built on MB referred to elsewhere are not going to be pit boxes, but bog blocks).  Also mentions that the lack of sanitary facilities at Mulsanne and Arnage (note those who might be thinking of going there!) is because of the lack of available connection to drainage.   Plus a statement about repairing/refurbishing the terraces in front of the stands, but thankfully no statement about getting rid of them.   

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/pages/faq_fr.html

MG Mark
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 06:09:38 pm by mgmark » Logged

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 06:00:40 pm »

And another clue or two here, namely that the MB circuit is being worked on to meet safety standards and extended in width, seemingly it is now going to take in the main circuit stretch from the Porsche curves to the Ford chicane to extend its length by a kilometre.

http://www.lemansdriver.fr/pages/v2_circuit_maisonblanche.html

MG Mark

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 06:44:20 pm »

It's a little hard to see - but the gravel traps are quite clear, as well as the E-section which will have a lot more track. Also the piece taken off Karting Nord is quite clear Undecided

Drinking for Holland
Petra
Would rather still be a Newbie
CA Veteran

DfH member and proud owner of Albert CB!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2008, 06:58:13 pm »

With all the gravel traps, I think MB will be the ideal campsite for the Jos Verstappen fans Grin

Although MB is really much too large to only accommodate the both of them  Undecided

2 cats, 6 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, lots of mice, 1 syrian hamster, 1 chinchilla, a lot of fun!
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2008, 07:26:30 pm »

Thanks mgmark, that faq is good stuff, some of the frenchies are posing good questions on how the ACO is dealing with the fans.
I'll try to translate some of it soon.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2008, 07:38:56 pm »

Big screens at Mulsanne, Arnage and Porsche curves, I see.
Also, more banking to get above the wire in the future.
There are some positive things in it.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2008, 08:56:39 pm »

That, plus grandstands in Maison Blance, just after the porsche curves. Although taking up camping space, it should be a good viewing spot for the race though!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2008, 09:04:32 pm »

That, plus grandstands in Maison Blance, just after the porsche curves. Although taking up camping space, it should be a good viewing spot for the race though!

Knetter is the campsite renamed due to its diminished size Grin

Ehhmmm  Embarrassed But yes, why not Grin From now on, Petit Maison Blanche

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2008, 09:22:22 pm »

Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: