Club Arnage
May 06, 2024, 01:13:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest news and pictures of works  (Read 25162 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2008, 02:37:33 pm »

This is very close to what we have tried to do this year, could we put our forms in early and ask for them to be processed together given that we knew we were looking at numbered pitches for MB.

The ACO said they would accept the forms (clearly no guarantees) and here we are mainly be allocated Bleu Nord!!!

Maybe thats the problem the ACO knew the CA group wanted to be together, and knowing there was not going to be enough space due to Building works etc on MB dumped the everyone together in Blue?

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2008, 02:48:58 pm »

This is very close to what we have tried to do this year, could we put our forms in early and ask for them to be processed together given that we knew we were looking at numbered pitches for MB.

The ACO said they would accept the forms (clearly no guarantees) and here we are mainly be allocated Bleu Nord!!!

Maybe thats the problem the ACO knew the CA group wanted to be together, and knowing there was not going to be enough space due to Building works etc on MB dumped the everyone together in Blue?
I think that this is the logical explanation.  In previous years it was probably a good plan, but with a tiny MB, probably now containing only "magic listers" and agencies, we picked the wrong time to do it.  If we wanted to do it again, given that MB is probably becoming a thing of the past except for the very lucky, we would have to think long and hard about which site to ask for - as a group, our requirements are certainly not all the same!

I should be at the circuit some time next week as I have go to Hunaudieres anyway, so we'll have a photo session.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2008, 03:10:52 pm »

I just submitted an enquire to a dutch ticket agency, asking for 60 ticket for camping MB for 2009. They told me that it would be possible to order such an amount for next year, but I would have to contact them in august 2008, since that is the time the ticket agencies have to put in their orders! This dutch agency is charging 90 euro's per campingticket for MB this year, only 7 euro more than normal price, which is not a lot compared to others. If there are enough takers by that time (I will post in due time) I will order as much as I need from them. Who knows, it might work, but I think there will always be the risk that the ACO cannot provide them with enough tickets.

The situation this year is becoming more and more clear. Lot of work to improve the track(s) and not enough space to put everybody, very unfortunate, but nothing we can do about it. But I am sure, it will be a great Le Mans nonetheless Wink

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2008, 03:50:49 pm »

Im over at my parents in april but its 2 months off  Sad
You live in Februari?  Shocked
look above  Roll Eyes

Petra
Would rather still be a Newbie
CA Veteran

DfH member and proud owner of Albert CB!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2008, 04:23:54 pm »

This might help.

I downloaded the file but all I get is an empty spreadsheet? Am I missing something here?  Undecided

2 cats, 6 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, lots of mice, 1 syrian hamster, 1 chinchilla, a lot of fun!
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2008, 04:57:55 pm »

This might help.

I downloaded the file but all I get is an empty spreadsheet? Am I missing something here?  Undecided

It's an Excel file Petra, so you should get a spread sheet with a photo in the middle.

Have you got Excel on your computer?
Petra
Would rather still be a Newbie
CA Veteran

DfH member and proud owner of Albert CB!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2008, 05:51:29 pm »

Thanks Ferrari Spyder Smiley

This might help.

It's an Excel file Petra, so you should get a spread sheet with a photo in the middle.

Have you got Excel on your computer?

No Excel on my laptop. I use KSpread to open spreadsheet documents. Probably a compatability issue then. But why do you use Excel to post a picture? Huh

2 cats, 6 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, lots of mice, 1 syrian hamster, 1 chinchilla, a lot of fun!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2008, 06:05:54 pm »

Gives the general idea, be interested in seeing the extent of the building works from the HA Tram Stop to the Bugatti Circuit entrance.  Last year on HA we saw the trams being delivered and slotted onto the tracks.
A large flat area of mud with about 40 bulldozers on it 3 weeks ago!  But the trams were running (jolly nice, too - and cheap.  It will make trips into town much easier - although a nightmare by car as there are traffic lights at every junction.)

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2008, 10:26:16 pm »

Peter, there was what looked like a tram depot just the other side of the road from the Stella Bar, lots of trams parked up, tried to sneak up the mulsanne that way last year till I got stopped by security.
I am fairly certain there was a station there as well.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2008, 12:11:18 pm »

The tram terminus is pretty much by the HA roundabout.  The tram then runs through a cutting and up to the new roundabout just North of the bar. 3-4 minutes walk.

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2008, 12:58:32 pm »

The tram terminus is pretty much by the HA roundabout.  The tram then runs through a cutting and up to the new roundabout just North of the bar. 3-4 minutes walk.

Deb, where's the first stop north after you have left the terminus?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2008, 02:23:13 pm »

Deb, where's the first stop north after you have left the terminus?
Just where I said, at the roundabout.
Have a look here:
http://www.ville-lemans.fr/page.do?t=2&uuid=4FCFD0ED-D4D0B214-49621248-7F0DC323
Click on "en savoir plus sur le plan du reseau - the stops are all there.

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2008, 03:49:39 pm »

Thankyou for the info, Deb and Peter.

One question, what's the blue line that runs from the tram stop Adrian Tironneau to Oasis 3 by the Parc de Expositions. Bus route?
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2008, 04:00:43 pm »

Cheers Peter,
I was thinking of going to the drivers parade this year after missing it for the last couple of years, but I've always gone in on the bike.
Car this year and didn't fancy the parking and not drinking.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2008, 01:40:12 am »

Cheers Peter,
I was thinking of going to the drivers parade this year after missing it for the last couple of years, but I've always gone in on the bike.
Car this year and didn't fancy the parking and not drinking.

Barry, don't do it!! For the last few years my reasoning with Pinot Grigio (Mrs JPC) has been that so far I haven't managed to make it to the drivers parade so far and therefore I have to attend the following year to do so!!!  Grin

On a serious note, great info Peter!!!!  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: