Club Arnage
May 02, 2024, 06:48:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Mans Classic 2010 Aftermath Thread  (Read 11348 times)
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 12:14:13 pm »

Si

Any more of the V DUBS in the background?

I've got a couple from a slightly different angle but not any closer!  Not sure how to put pics on here, so could email them to you if Si doesnt have any others - I imagine he was more focussed on the foreground!

F
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 03:04:14 pm »

Nope, i don't have any more pics. Those things are too slow for my liking Wink

This one however............

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 03:06:30 pm »

Doesnt leave much room for the kitchenette does it!

F
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2010, 03:55:44 pm »

Kitchenette !
You could cook anything on that engine and I can't image that drying things would be to difficult either.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2010, 03:59:34 pm »

You could cook anything on that engine and I can't image that drying things would be to difficult either.

True, but I dont fancy your chances of keeping the beers cold!

F
mal
CA Veteran

We are the Flying Baguettes!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2010, 06:05:24 pm »

I was there but spent most of the time hiding under the gazebo on the Bugatti circuit. Friday and Saturday really was just too hot. The advantage of the bugatti circuit is that the cars drive past just feet away, after they've finished the race. I wore me CA Tshirts on Saturday and Sunday but I didn't make it to any meeting points. Evenings were spent cooling down at the Gite (in Spay) eating four course dinners (as the Gite owner is a chef).
Possibly a bit too civilised for two years time but then again who knows. I could get used to it.
Did I mention that it was so hot!

You must have been staying with Chris Gow then - who I met up with in the car park and hadn't seen for about 10 years
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010, 06:19:08 pm »

I didn't know his surname but if it's Chris with the Ogle and other cars then the answer is yes.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010, 10:13:27 am »

More pictures to come today, but now the dust has settled it's time for my reflections of such a great event.

The Good

As ever the company was excellent. Huge thanks to my fellow Lazy Bastards for great craic, the jokes, amusing tales and general hi-jinks.
 Martin for his hospitality, friendship and for keeping his lengendary snoring to a minimum (so much so that I laid awake worrying that I could not hear him, I almost went to check if he was OK!), it was a busy trip this year and I don't think I really got time to have a real good natter with Mart- something I always enjoy.
 Fran for being the responsible Adult, translator ('Le Big Mac,,, erm,,,, avec chips love' was a distant memory this year Embarrassed), for the good company whilst on the road, top map skills (who said women can't read maps?), for keeping the conversation going during the long exhausting drive home in the early hours and for being a good egg all round. So glad that you joined us this year and hope being cooked alive in an old Alfa didn't put you off joining us again.
 Andy Plenty Sideways for the constant enthusiastic banter and craic, Mick for being Mick and how the hell you can sleep as 60 odd cars from plateaux six blasted past the grandstands inthe early hours I will never know. Finally Dutch Bas, hope you enjoyed your first Le Mans my friend?

Also nice to briefly meet some new faces from CA, Bob, Lawnmower Tom and Werner all at different times over the weekend. Completely missed the CA meet for the seventh time in a row- it always seems to be during my catnapping hour. Nice to see Newcastle Dave on and off track, shame we didn't get more time to chat etc.

The cars, stunning as ever, some real racers out there amongst the Sunday drivers.

The drive down. Glorious weather, nice towns, other Le Mansers waving and smiling as we made our way south to Pompy.
Portsmouth docks, the fun started there, some great cars and people, you just don't know where to look next. Better than 99% of the classic car shows you will ever attend.

Super U breakfast and clean toilets, my first and only taste of air con all weekend. Big deal you say but oh so welcome after sitting in the car.

The Museum, my first visit since the refurb and well worth the effort. Top marks!

Little Big Mans. The cars looked great and most of the kids looked thrilled to be there. Entry form downloaded for 2012 and plans now drawn for a scale replica Lola T290 as spread all over the kitchen table.

The Bad

The weather. Just too darn hot this year. I really suffered in and out of the car. Heatsoak in the footwells melted my soles and blistered my feet which made walking around quite painful. I like the sun but 27 rather than 37 would be much more pleasant. The heat really held us back this year and there was so much I wanted to see but didn't.

Food and drink prices. Was it me or was it rather expensive this year? Lots of shortages too. Not good enough for a big event.

Has it got too big?? There is so much to see at the classic now, is 3 days enough time to get round it all? If it gets any bigger I think it needs to open on Thursday morning to allow enough time to see it all.

Camping. As ever I hate it. Even more in the heat. I say it every year- no more! Hotel for me next year for sure. See you on Maison Blanche again then Roll Eyes

So that's about it. So many other things I loved- Arnage meal at night, Indianapolis corner for practice, the general friendy atmosphere and knowledge, campsite craic with neighbours, bumping into old friends etc etc.

Finally and most importantly I would like to thank my lovely old Alfa Giulia. She drove beautifully and didn't miss a beat all weekend. She coped with the distance and heat like a trooper and made me smile from ear to ear everytime I got behind the wheel. Loads of nice comments especially from the three cockernees in Arnage on Friday evening who shouted 'Feckin lurverlee mate, best car we've seen all day!' Thanks whoever you were, you made my day. Despite extreme tiredness when I got home at 3:30am I could have got back in and carried on for a few hours I enjoyed it so much.
To any residents of Morpeth who were out at that ungodly hour who saw a grown man climb wearily from an old travel stained motor, turn, look admiringly, then tenderly kiss it's roof, I'd just like to say it was emotional and I'm not a wierdo. To steal a phrase from Mr Zarse 'She's a f**king Beauty'

Roll on next time.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 06:37:22 pm by Dr Sconefinger..LB » Logged

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 05:54:33 pm »

Nice one Si, I also felt the heat held me back.  Grin

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 06:09:35 pm »

I also felt the heat held me back. 

Personally, I have never seen you so animated!!

F
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 06:12:53 pm »

...it's time for my reflections of such a great event...

Beautifully expressed Dr S - almost brought a tear to my eye! 

Giulia (or is that Berti?) certainly brought a touch of class to the Team.

F
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 08:36:38 pm »

I confess that due to the heat I drank more water than beer............ but I did drink an awful lot of water. Grin
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2010, 04:35:32 pm »

Finally and most importantly I would like to thank my lovely old Alfa Giulia. She drove beautifully and didn't miss a beat all weekend. She coped with the distance and heat like a trooper and made me smile from ear to ear everytime I got behind the wheel. Loads of nice comments especially from the three cockernees in Arnage on Friday evening who shouted 'Feckin lurverlee mate, best car we've seen all day!' Thanks whoever you were, you made my day. Despite extreme tiredness when I got home at 3:30am I could have got back in and carried on for a few hours I enjoyed it so much.
To any residents of Morpeth who were out at that ungodly hour who saw a grown man climb wearily from an old travel stained motor, turn, look admiringly, then tenderly kiss it's roof, I'd just like to say it was emotional and I'm not a wierdo. To steal a phrase from Mr Zarse 'She's a f**king Beauty'

Roll on next time.

She is indeed. V jealous!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2010, 07:06:25 pm »

She is indeed. V jealous!

For once Mr Zarse - you are talking complete sense!

Smiley

F
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2010, 12:34:10 pm »

Le Mans Classic as seen from Indianapolis and Arnage. Enjoy.

Just a few of the many.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: