Club Arnage
May 08, 2024, 03:29:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RAF MARHAM Track Day - 22 and 23 April 2006  (Read 18305 times)
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2006, 10:59:15 pm »

Saturday for me too.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2006, 11:06:26 pm »

?

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2006, 11:41:08 pm »

Bill, cobra boys are likely to be there Sunday as before.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2006, 11:57:49 pm »

Sounds like a plan then Steve. Sithee soon.

bill

TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2006, 12:00:12 am »

Sunday would be most excellent! Best arrange to get Garys car put together right first! (although it would be nice to have someone to beat....them gaps can't be good for aerodynamics!)
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2006, 02:44:28 pm »

If they can aerodynamicise a Transit on Top Gear with Gaffer tape I can't see  why we canny do the same to Gary's red thingy!

I'm fed up waiting for him to bring it to me for a formal brutalising anyway, by now. Roll Eyes

garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2006, 03:26:46 pm »

If I brought it to you could you put in the new front and rear suspension, new carb, new big brake kit as well as the panel gaps?
Give you somthing to do till the knee gets better.

garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2006, 03:53:49 pm »

Oh and the LCB and RC40
I thank You.

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2006, 09:42:00 pm »

Mark - Dropped you a PM yesterday and I see now that both Bill and Gary have asked already.

Any space left?

Yup - I will be letting people know when it is reaching full and when I need actual confirmations, with details and money being sent in - that will probably be in a couple of weks from now, but if your on the thread now, you have a place (or ppaces if it is a group like the Cobras).

To put a bit more detail to some of the questions:   

1 - The numbers of cars on the track will depend on the mix of cars and bikes I get (no they won't be running together) and how many of each.   Because it was the first running of it last year, to see how it was going to work I limited the numbers to up to 30 cars and 30 bikes on the Saturday, and up to 90 cars on the Sunday (bikes don't run on the Sunday).   I do have a good response so far from here, Pistonheads and a couple of other clubs who came last year, plus Station personnel and am hoping I can increase the numbers.   Even with 40+ cars on the track at a time, it could feel pretty empty at times!   So I know I can get more on and once I have a good idea on numbers, I will be able to work out what length of sessions to run (20-30 minutes is good)or whether to run longer sessions with an open pit lane.   

2 - Track layout as you leave the pit lane will run anti-clockwise.  Starts with a fast double apex (100+mph if you have the tyres and the balls), a straight of a few hundred yards into a right left chicane (v. slow), straight for another few hundred yards, into a tightening left 110 degree corner leading on to the main runway (60-80mph).   Main runway is one and three-quarter miles long, at the end leads into a tightening left 110 degree corner.   (I haven't tried it yet, but I may change that to exit the main runway slightly earlier into a hairpin right, short straight, hairpin left and lead back into the long left at the end of the runway.   After that long left, short straight, right left chicane and back past the pit lane entrance.   Hoping I may be able to replace one of the chicanes with a flowing curve section, so there really should be something for everyone.   Anyone with an old classic worried about it, my MGA loves it.    total length of track 4+ miles.   Whoopee......

The whole purpose of this (other than for everyone taking part having a great time) is to raise money for CHARITY.  Everyone on the organising side, marshals, first aid, fire cover, catering etc are all Marham personnel and we volunteer to do this for nothing.   That way there is a very limited outlay (liability insurance and site licence fee) in making it work - last year's event raised £6,000 so virtually every penny of your entry fee will go straight to charity.

That's about it for now I think, all the best,

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2006, 01:23:24 pm »

A bit late joining the party on this one but now that other plans have been finalised and I know what I'm doing (on a good day at least) can you put me down for Saturday please?  Probably just be an 'assistant' but I may well change my mind (as women are prone to doing) and take the Alfa for a blat.  Can a bed in the officer's mess be arranged for me also?

Cheers
Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2006, 10:44:13 pm »

Dear all,

Just to let you know that, having trawled through the posts, now is the time to confirm to me who wants to come, when, in what vehicle etc etc.   So far, the following have expressed an interest in the Marham Track Day weekend:

Smokie - probable (if he can make it)
Dan Lowe and Rick Cutler - confirmed for both days
Steve Brown + EAC -  (poss one or two on Saturday, but main contingent on the Sunday)
Fran - as an assistant
Rob - both days
Garyfrogeye - Saturday + others?  Or sunday?
Andy Zarse - Sunday + an assistant?
Bobblehat - ?
Perdu - sunday
jonFATBOY Warner - 1 definite and 3 possibles for Sunday
president - Sunday + additional T.W.A.T.S ?
Tony Anscombe - Sunday + 2 others?
Doris - saturday - assistant
Ferrari Spider - ?

For those who wish to confirm their attendance, I do need the following information as soon as possible - full name and UK address, date and place of birth, vehicle type and registration number - that goes for all attending, including any passengers, helpers, suport vehicles etc etc.   Any doubts please ask.   If you came to the event last year, and your personal/vehicle details have not changed, then I already have them, so please confirm your attendance.   Limited accommodation is available in the Mess - so far I have Smokie, Rick/Dan, Fran and Doris booked in as provisionals in that respect - I may have one or two more rooms - please let me know if you want accommodation; if we're out of rooms, I may be able to swing being permitted to pitch a few tents next to sports changing  facilities near the Mess.

Please don't post the information here or via PM on the forum - please send it to me at:
MRM-Adm-OCAdmWg@marham.raf.mod.uk

Any other CA'ers still thinking of attending, please get names and details in - I will be able to get people in for another week or so from now, but after that it all heads rapidly into the too diificult category. Please remember that anyone trying to just "pitch up on the day" without having advised their details will simply not get access to the station - sorry, but that is the way it is with running it on an active RAF airfield - arguing with the business end of an SA-80 is not recommended.

I am max'd at work for most of the rest of this week, but I anticipate being able to come out with definitive details, times, directions etc to you individually, either at the end of this week or within the first day or two of next week.

All the best for now,

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
rcutler
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2006, 05:54:52 pm »

Right myself and Dan lowe are off, see you tomorrow guys
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2006, 09:04:35 pm »

Dear all,

Many thanks to Smokie, Doris, Rick Cutler, Dan Lowe, Rob Pettafor and Perdu (and sorry if I missed anyone else) for supporting a great weekend.  Subject to the final count, I know that we have cleared £6,000 for Marham's Charities and Appeals from the event.   Sadly, Dan's FTO succumbed to either a timing problem or something more terminal early in the weekend and had to be trailered home.   Otherwise al in all, a grand event again, all the best for now,

MG Mark

Rob
CA Veteran

i prefer 'em continental!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2006, 10:19:08 am »

had a great weekend mark - cheers for everything you and everyone else put in, i could get used to the RAF hospitality Wink second to none - ill definately be going to the next one

Rob

JonFATBOYwarner
CA Veteran

I'm not fat just big boned.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2006, 02:00:01 pm »

Mark,
a big thanks also to you and all of the people involved for a great day yesterday.  The Exige went well, except for being a little more thirsty than usual.  We will certainly be up for another one.

We had to leave before the last session and I was wondering if there is any way of getting hold of any of the photos that were taken?

Thanks again,
Jon

For those of hard hearing.  LISTEN
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: