Club Arnage
May 09, 2024, 05:47:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Lunch at St Cosme then ride out to St Sat; or Lunch at St Sat then pm ride out?
St Sat Lunch - 5 (100%)
St Cosme Lunch - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA Cavalcade, Great British Welcome, Mad Friday -update- ROUTE DETAILS attached  (Read 44103 times)
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2007, 05:17:42 pm »

Oh ohh! He hasn't seen scruffy ol' Lara yet  though, has he?  laugh

It's Ok though, like me she's not too proud to mix with her betters.

* borntobemild 035.jpg (157.38 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 250 times.)

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2007, 06:03:04 pm »

Things are coming along.  I have now received a reply to my "heads up" e-mail to the Vice President of the Classic British Welcome, John Curtis:
"I feel honoured that you want to come 'en masse' to the CBW...  I've passed on your request to our chief parking marshall to see... if he wants to allocate you a special plot!"
Couldn't have been more helpful, eh?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2007, 10:07:36 pm »

All is coming along nicely.
Some help required, though:

As said above, I could do with a CA flag to mark our gathering spot at St Sat and to have in my car to make me easier to follow.

I need a masochistic volunteer to travel with me as lookout, etc.  (I have air-con...)

I could do with a couple of people who are coming in modern, reliable vehicles to travel in the convoy to aid anybody who gets into problems  : ie, break-downs (god forbid) etc so the rest of the group doesn't get held up.

Steve (or anybody with a web-site) - if I do a word document, could you convert it to a down-loadable document whose link we could post on this site - so people can download route info?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2007, 03:14:50 am »

All is coming along nicely.
Some help required, though:

As said above, I could do with a CA flag to mark our gathering spot at St Sat and to have in my car to make me easier to follow.

I need a masochistic volunteer to travel with me as lookout, etc.  (I have air-con...)

Hi Termie,
              I would be happy o ride shotgun with you... Please. I can even bring my CA flag along.
Phil
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2007, 07:54:40 am »

I could do with a couple of people who are coming in modern, reliable vehicles to travel in the convoy to aid anybody who gets into problems  : ie, break-downs (god forbid) etc so the rest of the group doesn't get held up.

This sounds like a nice little jaunt. I've been holding off from begging a lift with someone because I've been trying hard to think what I normally do on a  Friday. As I have no idea, I reckon I will be up for this. Those of you that know Mark, my oppo - he would be too (if I tell him he is...)

Much as I would love to do this in the passenger seat of someone's exotica, I will volunteer to take the Veccy, if that's what you're looking for Termie. It is a V6, but being the Elite it doesn't even have visible tail pipes. No tow bar though. Of course, if someone comes along with the offer of an absolutely unrefusable ride then I might retract...  Smiley

(If someone could give Mark a ride he would appreciate it...but don't depend on him for navigation, driving - well anything, really Shocked))
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2007, 10:16:21 am »

If I make it on time and someone in a car with space, can relieve me of all my kit which will be on the passenger seat. I will be able to take a passenger.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2007, 10:20:18 am »

Phil, that would be great, it would be good to have your company.  But you haven't seen my car.  You may decide you need to bring a large paper bag to put over your head to avoid the embarassment of being seen in it.

However, then Paul will need a passenger so maybe Mark would like to go along  in the red car instead, Smokie?  However,if he's a cr*p navigator then the combination of him and Paul could be quite funny....  Happily, at this rate they'll have a long line of cars to follow.

Mr T is UK bound on Wednesday so I can spend a bit of time fine-tuning the route and finishing writing it up so with any luck I should have it ready in a week or so.  I'm planning a nice relaxed drive to take in a few villages and some pleasant countryside, with hopefully a couple of stretches of road which should be pretty flic police-free for one or two of you to open up a bit!

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2007, 11:24:30 am »

I have just had a call from the parking marshall at the CBW.  They are setting aside a special parking place for us.  It's all coming together splendidly. Smiley

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2007, 12:23:06 pm »

Oh dear, they havent seen Lara either.

I might hide near the back Embarrassed

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2007, 07:05:33 pm »

Bill - you do the dear old girl such an injustice - she has a delightful patina, acquired over many years of being used for what she was built for - having fun, being driven in spirited fashion  Grin

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2007, 07:18:57 pm »

Ok then, thanks for those kind words sir!

I'll say it loud, I'll say it proud, no dammit I wont hide her at the back at all.

(OK fair cop guv, I wasn't really gonna anyway, she's my babe and I'm very happy with her!)

I have to say she does me very well.

Smiley

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2007, 04:12:01 am »

Oh ohh! He hasn't seen scruffy ol' Lara yet  though, has he?  laugh

It's Ok though, like me she's not too proud to mix with her betters.
Hi Perdu,
             Which one is Lara? surek\ly not the green one at the back wit a turret Grin
Phil
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2007, 12:28:49 pm »

WANC 4,Mrs Doubtfire just cant decide what to bring to LM this year(if we end up coming,yawn)He got a fat boy harley,a 1927 Model T hot rod,a 95 Mustang GT....or a midget!
I can just imagine him and Canada P in that
PM
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2007, 06:18:59 pm »

WANC 4,Mrs Doubtfire just cant decide what to bring to LM this year(if we end up coming,yawn)He got a fat boy harley,a 1927 Model T hot rod,a 95 Mustang GT....or a midget!
Life's full of such tough decisions.

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2007, 07:13:17 pm »

Phil, that Sherman DD is quite a monument. It was lost in the sea during the D-Day training at Start Bay. Divers recovered it after the War and it was mounted as a memorial at Torpoint some time ago.

The plaque isnt clear whether the crew were lost when  it sank but I doubt if getting out of a swamped Sherman was easy.

I usually visit it when I am in South Devon, that time I was in convoy.

bill

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: