Club Arnage
May 11, 2024, 07:05:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: goodwood, camping?  (Read 5020 times)
andy a
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2003, 02:51:04 pm »

I noticed a few of you are going to the FOS, can any one give me any info of camping on site, or places to stay locally. We are planning to go for Saturday and Sunday. Many Thanx.
rcutler
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 05:20:04 pm »

There is a Camping and carravanning club site at Southbourne nr Chichester. I was using the site during the week last year as it was too far to drive every day. The site is immaculately clean and tidy but more importantly- There are a few good pubs nearby. The one next door is ****. But there is another 20mins walk from the left towards chichester which is good but if you walk into Emsworth there is the Suffulk Brewery which does fantastic sausages and a large range of ales. There are also about 6-7 more pubs in Emsworth.

goto www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk for details.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 06:12:36 pm »

Hi,
I've been in a mad panick all week trying to find a site as my usual camp site, (Southern Leisure Lakeside Village) is fully booked up.
Have a look at www.sussexlive.co.uk for a list of accomodations.
However Saturday night camping, is the most popular and you will struggle to get in locally.

Ones that I know are fully booked are Southern Leisure Lakeside Village, Ellscott Park,Wicks Farm Holiday Village, and one up at Graftham near Petworth.

Don't know about for the Saturday night, but there was vacancies at a place in Slindon near Arundel for Thursday and Friday but they don't have any toilet or shower facilities. 01243 814387.
I have booked a place at Barnham (Lillies Nursey and Caravan Park) 01243 552081 but don't know of availability for the Saturday.

You can also try the Ship and Anchor Marina at Ford near Arundel  01243 551262

or Nunnington Farm Camping Site  at West Wittering, south east of Chichester which appeared to have spaces free when I rang them, but decided to look elsewhere first due to its location and possible traffic problems early morning. 01243 514013

Hope this helps
« Last Edit: July 03, 2003, 06:14:50 pm by Chris24 » Logged
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2003, 06:23:56 pm »

There must be somewhere in that holiday fun capital of the English Riviera, Bognor Regis. What's that you say? Bugger Bognor. Oh okay then.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2003, 06:43:01 pm »

Just a thought.

I know where there is a lovely Commer Campervan for hire, going very cheap. Has cooker, sink, shower and coolbox. Sleeps 3 to 4 in comfort. A Le Mans legend, it doesn't smell too much (or won't do once Chris has been over at the weekend to remove his stinking socks left behind the rear seat at Le Mans).

I live reasonably local to Goodwood so will not be needing it that weekend.

Anyone interested?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
andy a
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2003, 01:46:48 pm »

thanx one and all for your help.....managed to get in at the horse and groom, east ashlin nr chichester.looks ok ...and it IS a pub !
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2003, 03:16:19 pm »

Camping in a pub.....excellent idea. Just don't pitch your tent in front of the dart board   Wink
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2003, 09:39:33 pm »

I think that pub has a skittle alley.
No overarm bowling.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: