Club Arnage
May 11, 2024, 06:21:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ferry booked for 2009 pilgrimage  (Read 14091 times)
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2008, 12:36:38 am »

well the gf wants to come - i nearly had a heart attack when she asked to come so god knows what ill book

A room in a hotel.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2008, 10:32:44 am »

well the gf wants to come - i nearly had a heart attack when she asked to come so god knows what ill book

Oh God, no... taking women with your group to LM is generally a disaster. I'm not casting asparagus on your girlfriend Kev, but has she the faintest idea what she's letting herself in for? Maybe you should get her tpo read my article on toilets in the 08 CA Guide to give her a clue as to what is in store for her. Anyway, we've had the girls-yes-or-no discussion on here many times. All I can say is I've done it once, in 1989, and I'll never ever do it again. It's fine to meet up with girls down there like the fabulous Melans but Team Zarse is and always will be a chick-free club.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2008, 07:56:10 pm »

Oh God, no... taking women with your group to LM is generally a disaster. I'm not casting asparagus on your girlfriend Kev, but has she the faintest idea what she's letting herself in for? Maybe you should get her tpo read my article on toilets in the 08 CA Guide to give her a clue as to what is in store for her. Anyway, we've had the girls-yes-or-no discussion on here many times. All I can say is I've done it once, in 1989, and I'll never ever do it again. It's fine to meet up with girls down there like the fabulous Melans but Team Zarse is and always will be a chick-free club.
in honesty Andy im trying to convince her to stay with my mum at the house and relax while the race is on lol  Embarrassed she will hate it i know. Her words where - vodka on a drip and ill be fine  Roll Eyes

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2008, 08:22:49 pm »

in honesty Andy im trying to convince her to stay with my mum at the house and relax while the race is on lol  Embarrassed she will hate it i know. Her words where - vodka on a drip and ill be fine  Roll Eyes

You're right mate, it's a toughy. What she really means is vodka on a drip - plus somewhere to plug in her hairdryer, some privacy, no mud/dust as applicable, a fluffy matress, a sweet-smelling private bog/shower, no noise during the night, a classy restaurant etc etc - and she'll be fine.

The best advice is to nip it in the bud before it becomes an issue. The first time it gets mentioned and the nswer is a flat NO. Or better still - bear this in mind for the next girlfriend - is to tell her about LM when you first date, explain how it is a BOYS weekend only and how much it means to you. Set her straight at the start and you won't go wrong. Now you're going to have to grow a pair and tell her it's out of the question; she'll respect you for it ultiately.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
pool pugilist

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2008, 09:00:36 pm »

Booked with Brittany Ferries again...Portsmouth - St Malo Out on 10th @ 20.30 back on 15th @ 10.45, 5 of us in Mercedes Vito Multiseat Van, 2 cabins out and 1 back £536.00, split between the 5 of us is not a bad deal I think folks, lets be right look at the bar time you get!! Sh*t, shower, shave and breakfast before you get off the boat and only 120 miles on garlic side before we hit La Sarthe. Once all the funs over you have 10 hours R&R on the boat back to roast beef land...honest chaps its the way to go!! Smiley

P.S. In my humble opinion Wink

Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2008, 12:32:35 am »

You're right mate, it's a toughy. What she really means is vodka on a drip - plus somewhere to plug in her hairdryer, some privacy, no mud/dust as applicable, a fluffy matress, a sweet-smelling private bog/shower, no noise during the night, a classy restaurant etc etc - and she'll be fine.

The best advice is to nip it in the bud before it becomes an issue. The first time it gets mentioned and the nswer is a flat NO. Or better still - bear this in mind for the next girlfriend - is to tell her about LM when you first date, explain how it is a BOYS weekend only and how much it means to you. Set her straight at the start and you won't go wrong. Now you're going to have to grow a pair and tell her it's out of the question; she'll respect you for it ultiately.
yeah she knows that after the talk tonight  Cheesy she can come to france but stays with mother at the house  Tongue

Truck
CA Veteran

Are you HGV positive?

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2008, 01:26:50 am »

...... lets be right look at the bar time you get!! Sh*t, shower, shave and breakfast before you get off the boat and only 120 miles on garlic side before we hit La Sarthe......
Quite right.  Hit the nail on the head, but I prefer a cr*p, croissant, coffee and Calvados

Its the same time for me via Dover or Portsmouth, so the option of a few hours in the bar means there are no options.  Plus Dover is expensive for caravans, so there's not much of a saving, or so I kid myself

Help, get me out of here.  Its Lorry

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2008, 10:21:34 am »

yeah she knows that after the talk tonight  Cheesy she can come to france but stays with mother at the house  Tongue

I have to disagree with Andy Z. there is nothing better than seeing some bouncy fair maiden trotting of to the loo, bog role in hand.

I am pretty sure the women concerned feel alot better knowing that she is the focus of so much man attention too.

So bring her along Kev, believe me you wont regret it.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2008, 06:47:15 pm »

Back on track.......... A community announcement

I was going to amend my Speedferries booking this afternoon and the booking system is unavailable. The following has been posted by their CEO.......

Latest Travel News

7 November 2008 09:00

Arrest of SpeedOne by the Port Authorities in Boulogne

Yesterday afternoon, shortly after 17:00 UK time, the Port authorities of Boulogne arrested SpeedFerries’ SpeedOne during its turnaround. The arrest was made on the basis of SpeedFerries Limited’s debts to the port in relation to port dues and taxes.

The arrest was totally unexpected, as the authorities had given written confirmation that no legal steps would be taken prior to a meeting planned for 10:00 today. At this meeting SpeedFerries in consultation with its bankers and financial advisors, were to present a proposal for a resolution of the issues relating to outstanding dues and taxes, as well as disputes with the Port regarding:

A) Substantial counterclaims towards the Port which have been entirely ignored by the French authorities, and

B) Serious competition and discriminatory issues in relation to the Port’s dealings with a French ferry operator preparing to start-up a Dover-Boulogne service.

The authorities informed the SpeedFerries staff on site that the arrest was carried out despite the written agreement, as “this would strengthen the negotiating position of the Port against SpeedFerries”.

As the actions of the Boulogne Port authorities are now proven to be unpredictable and inconsistent with their given guarantees, SpeedFerries finds itself in a position where it is unable to inform its customers, employees or business partners, of a firm date for the resumption of services.

The company deeply regrets this situation and asks everyone affected to accept our sincere apologies. Further statements will be issued when more information of substance becomes available.

SpeedFerries Limited
Curt Stavis
Chief Executive Officer
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2008, 07:30:55 pm »

bye bye SP then Sad

nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2008, 07:33:45 pm »

More info

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/67ed5e58-acef-11dd-971e-000077b07658.html

But the strange/odd bit is about LD lines - see below. I think it is a case watch this space........

SpeedFerries has long believed it has faced unfair competition from other operators on the highly competitive short straits market between England and France and said it had planned to raise at yesterday’s meeting “serious competition and discriminatory issues” about the port’s behaviour towards LD Lines, a French operator planning to start a rival Dover-Boulogne service.

FT

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: