Club Arnage
May 10, 2024, 12:52:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCC at Brands last weekend  (Read 2367 times)
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: October 25, 2012, 05:27:32 pm »

4 months into rehab, the season coming to an end and not being around a track anymore this year ?  I don't think so  Grin.

Since I started rehab with the physio therapist, things are going quite well.   It took us 5 weeks to bend the knee back up to 90°, now 2 weeks later we're getting past the 90° on to 95°.  The past 2 weeks have been the most painfull ones of rehab, but fully worth it.  Since the beginning of this month, I've got another (smaller) brace, and I'm able to walk around without crutches; inside the house I'm even walking without a brace now.  I'm still limping with my left leg though and only slightly building up strenght again, but I'm finally able to walk again.   On good days, I can even get back on a staircase in a normal way; going down is still slowly, step by step.

Decided to give it a go last weekend, and took off to London for a Hammers game on Saturday and the BTCC finals at Brands Hatch on Sunday.  Really wanted to have my camera back in my hands and finally see some live racing.   Football was harsh to sit on a grandstand, can't bend the knee enough yet to sit comfy at a grandstand.  Brands on Sunday was great but hard.  Walking around the track went ok, untill climbing up and down on to Druids and heading back to the car over the wet and slippery grass.  Think I've never walked around so slowly and carefull.  Payed the price for all that, knee is really hurting and thick since Tuesday, but I managed to walk around for 2 days which was some kind of victory ... and I got to use the old camera again !

Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship 2012 - 1 Matt Neal/Honda Yuasa Racing Team/Honda Civic

Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship 2012 - 27 Aaron Williamson/Team HARD/Honda Civic

Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship 2012 - 12 Daniel Welch/Welch Motorsport/Proton Persona

Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship 2012 - 18 Nick Foster/eBay Motors/BMW 320si E90

Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship 2012 - 18 Nick Foster/eBay Motors/BMW 320si E90

Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship 2012 - 4 Mat Jackson/Redstone Racing/Ford Focus

Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship 2012 - 14 Will Bratt/Rob Austin Racing/Audi A4

Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship 2012 - 13 Rob Austin/Rob Austin Racing/Audi A4

More pictures are here : http://www.flickr.com/photos/raceshots/collections/72157631843169823/

Tomorrow off to the 'Ring for the final VLN race of the season.  I won't be able to walk around much but being at the track again and meeting some people over there which I haven't seen for months will make it all worth it.   2 months to go to (hopefully) a full recovery, next step will be driving a car again.  Might be able to do that in a week or 2.

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 05:17:13 am »

Ah Pictures again  Grin Good to hear your knee is getting better.
Phil
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 05:32:22 am »

Glad to hear that you are somewhat mobile again and look forward to sharing time again drinking beer at a race circuit somewhere in the world real soon. Nice pictures as always.
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 02:35:20 pm »

ace shots especially with overcast wet conditions.good on telly.miss not going in the kentagon for a few years.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 10:00:15 pm »

Outstanding pictures, which really capture the whole atmosphere and action!

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: