Club Arnage
May 13, 2024, 09:22:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: If CA were to block book camping tickets I would want:
0 (not interested) - 4 (4%)
1 - 2 - 38 (38%)
3 - 5 - 35 (35%)
6 - 10 - 12 (12%)
more than 10 - 11 (11%)
Total Voters: 90

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Club Arnage Camping Tickets Suggestion for 2004  (Read 21206 times)
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2003, 02:21:38 pm »

We always go Pompy - Caen, normally works out around £280 for the basic crossing.  We did do Poole - Cherbourg, but the difference isnt that much any more and it is further on the other side....

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2003, 03:07:02 pm »

we do Pompey - Caen too. The Cherbourg Peninsula may not be that big but it's a sh**ty drive!!
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2003, 03:55:32 pm »

Although, there is someone on another forum saying he can get a 50 seater coach from London to Le Mans for £2000. That's only £40 each. MRI, P&M......are you reading this!!

If only is what that simple!  Mind you I don't know what P & M, MRI etc charge, however there is I believe cost of hospitatility to arrange, need to make provision for unsold spaces on the coach, unsold tickets etc.  Come to that theres also the fact that with P&M, MRI etc you know your moneys save.  Be interesting to know what profits Just Tickets make, as they offer a service more comparable with the one proposed!
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2003, 03:57:34 pm »

I've done the trip with the Lotus Se7en club and agree that the cost is high. Personally I'm not interested in the live band etc and not interested in the overnight stop en route. They take one or two large vans needed to carry the huge marquee, showers, bbq etc etc. Fantastic set up if that is what you want.

So when they sell the left over campsite and seats and say the profits are going to Charity they mean the profits after you have also subsidised their transport, band etc?
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2003, 04:10:15 pm »

Good point Chris.

For our entertainment next year,  I will bring our gazebo, my kid's karaoke machine and disco lights (better than a band any day  Grin ) a couple of air guitars, a harmonica, triangle and tambourine   Wink

All for the princely sum of one bottle of Stella (purely to cover admin costs of course)  Wink
Lancs Se7en
CA Veteran

I love it sideways

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2003, 04:17:03 pm »

there is certainly a donation to charity but that comes from a variety of activities. For example when Euro 2000 was on they flogged space to watch the matches and the same with the Canadian GP. I dont know the make up of their costing system all that I can comment on was the fact that for me it was to expensive and that I was prepared to forgo the amenities. When you go with them then you do so fully in the knowledge that there are add on's that have to be paid for and that is fair enough. I choose not to pay for the add on's

Does it really only have full throttle
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2003, 04:23:36 pm »

Out of curiosity, what would the consensus be if the Lotus Se7en club advertised their tickets on this forum? They are about double face value but profit goes to charity. A moral dilemma for Smokie or not?

They certainly used to advertise on the old site, to a somewhat mixed reaction.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Liszt
CA Veteran

Beer is a legitimate breakfast

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2003, 04:49:30 pm »

Personally, I don't mind seeing the occaisional advert for a service supplied by and for like minded enthusiasts.  As long as what the price includes and there are no special catches and is available to everyone.

Personally, its not for me.  I go with an hardcore group of friends with selected invitations to others.  But heving ended up with a complete wkerna in the group, the invitation list has been severly chopped this year.  

Your choice who you go with but little choice who you camp next to.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2003, 06:12:23 pm »

Dreamracers, I have tried to make contact with the ACO but no reply so far. Worst case, I have asked to meet them once I arrive on Mon 9th.

I guess it IS a bit late for next year....but I'm not going to stop yet!!!

I agree, simple approach. Main purpose being to ensure ticket allocation. Anything else can be taken on by individuals if they want, or may be it will grow over the years...
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2003, 12:10:21 am »

Out of curiosity, what would the consensus be if the Lotus Se7en club advertised their tickets on this forum? They are about double face value but profit goes to charity. A moral dilemma for Smokie or not?

They certainly used to advertise on the old site, to a somewhat mixed reaction.

and

Personally, I don't mind seeing the occaisional advert for a service supplied by and for like minded enthusiasts.  As long as what the price includes and there are no special catches and is available to everyone.

Personally, its not for me.  I go with an hardcore group of friends with selected invitations to others.  But heving ended up with a complete wkerna in the group, the invitation list has been severly chopped this year.  

Your choice who you go with but little choice who you camp next to.

I bought tickets from the Lotus club last year and didn't mind payig extra as I thought the extra was going to charity.  However it would appear that that is not quite correct.  They may raise money for charity, but it appears not all the difference between the face value of the ticket I bought and the price I paid went to charity.

It appears that I might have subsidised members of the Lotus Seven club to have a large marque, live band, etc which is not what I thought I was doing.  Mind you I think that those actions may also be illegal under the Charities Act, can't remember the year!

I thought I had seen an advert from the Lotus Seven club on this board this year but might be wrong.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2003, 12:53:28 am »

My understanding is that the Lotus 7 Club offer their members a package including crossing, hotels en route, entertainment and other features. The price includes an element of charity fund raising, as do some of their activities in LM (I saw a figure somewhere that they raised £24k last year...)

Because they block book tickets, they usually have some left over. How they price them I'm not sure, but Arnie Webb's adverts always say that proceeds go to charity. Why that should be in doubt, I'm not clear.

The full Lotus 7 package costs a lot, and I suspect that you'll find there is no subsidy from sales of spares.  I think they fund raise in many other ways than just at Le Mans, and I'd be surprised if they don't have charity status which, I believe, brings with it legal obligations to keep accounts etc. They have a forum where I'm sure you can ask about this, if you want. (http://www.blatchat.com/default2.asp)

I'd sooner that the discussion on this topic stopped here, as false or misleading accusations could land this site in trouble.

I don't have moral dilemmas about what goes on here. I've been asked to try to make sure that "no profiteering" happens, that's all I'm trying to do, without offending people. I'd seek advice about anything I wasn't sure - after all, it isn't my site...

Isn't there something other than ticket prices to talk about?
H3RPS
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2003, 07:36:51 pm »

Keep it simple  Smiley
Keep it cheap  Smiley
Camping tickets & General admission tickets ONLY.
Everything else can be booked by the individual.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2003, 09:49:12 pm »

Totally agree with H3RPS, the problem is the uncertainty of the ACO ticket allocation of camping tickets.
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2003, 12:14:32 pm »

Totally agree with H3RPS, the problem is the uncertainty of the ACO ticket allocation of camping tickets.

and the problem is that clubs/societies/profiteers buy far more than their require and sell them on at a profit - even in the name of charity, I find it hard to swallow.   Whatever the cause I am sure it is noble, but it is still hi-jacking tickets at the expense of others, and that cannot be justified  There are many who cannot attend the race as they couldnt get tickets, and it is taking advantage, plain and simple.

I choose which charity I donate to, and not feel forced to donate to the charity of someone elses choice simply because I wanted to attend the best race in the world, and wasnt lucky with the ACO allocating tickets (I was lucky again this year and they have arrived now *phew*).

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2003, 01:55:27 pm »

Well I've conactetd the ACO, they say all I can do is order tickets in the normal way. So based on the poll figures, I've ordered 300.

Requested Maison Blanche as it's my personal favourite but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Will try to meet with them when I am there, if time permits. (Although there are quite a number of other things I'd sooner be doing!)

When I get a letter saying they want payment for 300 (will that be in November?) you lot had better pay up quick!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: