Club Arnage
May 09, 2024, 09:49:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A massive thanks to Piglet, MGmark and all CA'ers that helped get us to LM07  (Read 5286 times)
JHarber
CA Veteran

LM07 we will be there!

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2007, 06:14:55 pm »

I just want to say a massive thank you to Anita and Kieth who put up with my brother and I for the journey to Le Mans and back and also for looking after us for 2 nights at each end of our stay. Id also like to say a massive thanks to Mark, Matt, Sam and Sam for looking after us and transporting us around Le Mans all week!
It was nice to put a few names to faces, and we would like to say thanks for all the help CA'ers gave us.

We set off to Le Mans on a sunny Sunday a week before the race and arrived at MB early Monday morning. We transfered from MB to Bleu Nord late tuesday afternoon and joined Mark and his gang! From there we spent the next few days, before the race, walking around the circuit, the village, and visiting DfH's parties! We then watched the start of the race and travelled to different parts of the circuit, Arnage, Indianapolis etc. We then transfered back to Camp de le Piglet earlier sunday morning than expected due to some little Scrot breaking into one of the lads tents and Knicking passports etc. (explained on another thread). We left Le Mans about 11 o clock Monday morning and arrived back to a sunny England about 7 o clock!
All in all a great trip and glad we went!
Thanks again! Hope everyone had a good trip!
James and Jordan

Did you know that 0.5% of the worlds population will visit a McDonalds every day!
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 06:32:53 pm »

Lads,

You are very welcome - and if anyone needs to be convinced that good things happen through CA and at Le Mans, then this is a great example of it.  You had the balls to ask the question of a bunch of complete strangers in the first place (even if you didn't expect to get a positive response!) and we didn't have to put up with you - it was a pleasure having you along and I'm really glad that between us we were able to make it happen.  Just stick with it, and keep CA going the way it should be when the rest of us are old and grey - aahh I am that already...

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 07:11:26 pm »

James and Jordon, it was a pleasure to meet you.  Smiley

Every time I did, you were both perfect gentlemen who were genuinely so grateful to your hosts, who in return have nothinig but glowing things to say about the two of you too!

I am sure your father would be very proud of you both and I'm so glad that you had a great time.  Smiley

Hope the test goes well next week, then next year we'll see you again but under your own steam!  Cheesy
elanman
CA Veteran

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 07:16:59 pm »

Pleasure to meet you both and it was no trouble at all having you in our gang.  I'm pleased you were able to amke it to Le Mans and had such a good time.  Good luck with the test James and see you there next year.
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 09:14:51 pm »

Hey guys, glad you enjoyed your trip, as said above perfect Gents the pair of you. Look forward to seeing you both again.

James, good luck with your test next week.

Jason

Wooosh!!!!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 09:31:38 pm »

James, Jordan, you were more than welcome, we enjoyed having you with us and you added hugely to our trip, your enthusiasm and your whole approach to Le Mans, each other and everyone else great to see.

You are both the kings of blaggers - I've just uploaded Jordan's pictures and I can't believe the places you blagged your way into - your Dad taught you well!

Hopefully we'll see you at a racetrack soon, fingers crossed for your test next weekJames and we'll deff see you next year at LM  Grin

BTW - we appear to have your tent - whoops!!  We'll have to work out a way of getting it to you.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 09:36:53 am »

You are both the kings of blaggers - I've just uploaded Jordan's pictures and I can't believe the places you blagged your way into

Indeed they are - haven't seen the photos yet, but we probably only heard about less than half of the combined activities due to the "teenager in confidence" rule....... Aston Martin team members indeed.....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 09:40:16 am »

KK will upload the pics to a gallery on Flying Pig Racing in the next day or two  and then we'll stick a link up as well as putting them on DVD for Jordan.

I don't think they give away any big secrets of where they've been but they clearly had a good time and managed some pretty special access.  Jordan seems to have managed the only pictures I've seen close up of the trashed lambo!! 
JHarber
CA Veteran

LM07 we will be there!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 01:12:06 pm »

Haha, we managed to gain access to the paddock on several occasions, at one point we were stopped and asked who we were to which we replied "we are with Aston Martin....." No further questions were asked!

As or the crashed lambo pics, it ame into parc ferme n the back of the low loader and we managed to pull the cover up just a little bit and take a handful of sneaky shots! I have one or two but im guessing they are not quite as good as Jordans!

I'm looking forward to next year, should pass my test next wednesday and hopefuly will have a car set for the trip!

Thanks again, hope everyone had a good trip!

Did you know that 0.5% of the worlds population will visit a McDonalds every day!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 01:29:55 pm »

There's a couple of great video clips from Jordan riding his bike down the pit lane and video'ing as he goes - it's the kind of access nobody gets anymore which makes it all the better - nobody seems to bat an eyelid as he does it - it's fab! 

Tell him he's pretty good with both the still camera and using it as a video camera - he's got a good eye for decent pictures. 
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 01:35:54 pm »

Good luck with your test. Let us know how you get on.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
JHarber
CA Veteran

LM07 we will be there!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 03:53:02 pm »

Just thought i'd update you on the drivin situation, I have just passed my mock test with 1 minor!  Grin Grin Grin
L08 here I come, just gotts pass the real one now......
James

keithk
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 04:02:28 pm »

Just thought i'd update you on the drivin situation, I have just passed my mock test with 1 minor!  Grin Grin Grin
L08 here I come, just gotts pass the real one now......
James

Great one of my "girls" failed her test this week without getting out of the carpark! But you'll be OK I've upload most of Jordans pictures just trying to stich alll the video clips into on so it makes it simple to view

http://www.gtphotosport.com/fpr/fprindex.htm
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 04:15:50 pm »

Well done James, you've just got to do the same thing next week and you'll be through  Grin.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: